GAF implodes after owner Evilore is accused of sexual assault

ResetEra is up. Vetted members are being added in waves from the various GAF community groups that formed on Discords and the like. Open registration will come later. Like NeoGAF you will need a paid e-mail to register.

hmmm...it looks like a forum that was built in a couple of days that for sure...

But they are still retaining the paid email thing?...

But it looks like a Sony PS2!
It's when you remove the clothes that you find beauty.
This is the ps2 naked...
800px-Sony-PlayStation2-SCPH-70001-Motherboard-Top.jpg

Versus the xbox original naked...
646px-Xbox-Motherboard-Rev1.jpg

Look what you've done, I was doing so well. You're making me write things that will be spun off!

ResetEra is up. Vetted members are being added in waves from the various GAF community groups that formed on Discords and the like. Open registration will come later. Like NeoGAF you will need a paid e-mail to register.
It seems registration is open to anyone.
I just registered on the site without being vetted and without an invite.

I've registered onto ResetEra, its a WIP but its going smoother than i thought for just being a few days old.

The structure is coming along nicely.
interesting. thanks for the link.

it's like gaf lol. almost identically the same layout

Resetera looks terrible aesthetically to me :( I dont have a lot of hope it'll catch on based on that.

I wish they'd just copied Neogaf's look. But I'm sure they wanted to distance themselves plus I wonder if they could be sued for copying too closely?

Evilore should just let Neogaf go. But I imagine he's 35-40 years old and doesn't have anything else going that's gonna make that kind of money for him...

It definitely feels like a weird, awkward air at Neogaf currently. Like nobody's heart is really in a return to "normalcy".

I'd just miss sales-gaf (ugh, I used a icky term). Not the constant "xbox sales are terrible!" trolls, but the facts and figures.

Last edited:
resetera seems to be doing open registration in batches (closed at this time). It's a good move. Rather to do that than overload have performance or accessibility issues which give a bad impression.

Site is growing very quickly where as negoaf is a bit of mess. Evilore has banned the word "resetera" and is now quickly getting off-topic back online to see if he can stop the bleeding. He doesn't get it...

How do you know that? It "seems" way less active to me. And there aren't really any traffic or active user stats public so we're all just guessing.

There are stats on the front page for numbers of users, threads and posts, which is updated in realtime. No guessing is required.

Do you know how big GAF was? 50 threads with new posts? There were probably 5000 before. GAF is/was one of the biggest gaming forums on the internet. Even 1% as many visitors as before will still appear to be a very active site.

Most days I visit GAF several times and my control settings are 50 threads per page and no threads older than 24 hours so when you hit a forum you can see how many pages (of 50 threads) there are. Currently there are 8 pages of threads and yesterday evening it was 17 pages, both of which are average for those times of day - in my experience. I have never seen 100 pages of threads, which is what it would show for 5,000 new threads. Even at E3 time when news is coming thick and fast, it's never surpassed 50 pages for me.

GAF was not that thanks to the meddlesome moderation. I have a hard time believing anybody could post there "normally" without falling afoul of it.

I imagine our reasons for visiting GAF and the way we participate is different. Current events, politics, TV shows and books are generally things I talk about with friends which is why I post very little in B3D's General Discussion forums. I go to GAF to talk exclusively about games because the gaming forums here are pretty quiet. From where I sit, nothing has changed since GAF's return. It's not better, it's not worse, it feels exactly the same. But I have a well cultivated ignore list and a number of browser extensions that make GAF more manageable which you really need given the huge number of users. People bringing non-gaming topics to gaming threads will ignored or muted.

I'm there t talk about games. Just games. :yep2:

Back