XBox One Backwards Compatibility and Xbox One X Enhancements for X360 and OG (XO XOX BC)

halo 3 comparison
So Halo 3 BC runs at higher res than MCC ^^ ( until MCC get's patched) but MCC has the better framerate (60fps) and more details. Can't wait to see the headlines about that in the near future :)
Does anybody know if they release the PAL versions of the games? Were the original XB PAL-games all 60Hz compatible?
I really hope we (PAL-region) don't get 25fps games

Damn. If they pull keyboard and mouse support out of their butts and enable it on BC games....

I'll have to buy an XBO-X if that happens. Thankfully, since I'm not holding my breath on KB/M support, I don't think I'll need to buy an XBO-X.

But if they did! Although then I'd need someone to figure out a way to get my hacked texture packs into BC Soul Calibur and BC DOA games from the original Xbox working on the XBO-X. :p

Regards,
SB
Start saving up SB :)

With the admission that silicon needed to be altered to make it happen prior to the launch of XBO, it unlikely to be in the cards for this gen. PS5 may have it though, ideally both PS3 and 4 games supported
What admission was that? I must have missed it... Also, what silicon would need altering, did they specify?

Wrong topic I'm sure. but I haven't seen one evidence BC has done zilch for MS sales.
BC has propped up Windows sales for a quarter century by now; I would say the strategy is pretty sound... :p

Also, it makes people happy, because they like the idea of being able to still play games they played in the (perhaps distant) past. Gods know there's some Amiga games I would like to play again some day, but I'm too lazy to go into emulation, or even buying a new old vintage computer...

What admission was that? I must have missed it... Also, what silicon would need altering, did they specify?
There are a couple quotes in the BC thread, but they couldn't entirely do the emulation in software. So it would appear that some 1-2
Features were built into the SoC to perform those functions in hardware as it was taking too much CPU resources to emulate them.

Damn. If they pull keyboard and mouse support out of their butts and enable it on BC games....

I'll have to buy an XBO-X if that happens. Thankfully, since I'm not holding my breath on KB/M support, I don't think I'll need to buy an XBO-X.

But if they did! Although then I'd need someone to figure out a way to get my hacked texture packs into BC Soul Calibur and BC DOA games from the original Xbox working on the XBO-X. :p

Regards,
SB
Good news, there's a high chance mouse support is coming this year even:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-mouse-support-likely-going-live-next-update-wave

I really wish they did this work on other titles, like halo reach or the gears games, esp. 2 and 3 .
It's still early, plus they probably wouldn't have invested this much effort if they weren't planning on doing more titles.

What's curious is no SSAA on XO/XOS for 360 titles. They ought to be able to pull off 1.5 x 1.5 SSAA unless it's just a strategic market segmentation thing.

The big question for me will be.

Will they be able to enable KB/M support in BC titles? Those are the ones I'm most interested in.

Regards,
SB
It's going to be increasing levels of support for M/KB as time goes on. They'll launch support for UWP games and apps, after that I don't know how long it will spread to other types of applications.

Having said that, I don't know how BC works so I guess not a high probability.

what do you all think about the performance?
personally I think they hit it mid way and for me that's not a good choice.
for this title either do:
6x resolution and lock to 30
2x resolution and lock to 60

or whatever the multipliers are. Both would look and feel better than the OG.
better yet give the option

My guess is a lot of these older games had uncapped framerates and the framerate can't be locked easily...

We have yet to see it compared on the Xbox One X, so that might be the sweet spot.

Wondering if there is a CPU issue here. I guess we will know when they show the 1X

There's no reason to think it has anything to do with resolution...

Back