New GPD Win Max (2019) portable console with AMD Ryzen + Vega 8. The handheld console based on PC.

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
New version (as of 2019, this time featuring Ryzen).

Info of the new GPD Win 2 Max, the handheld PC with Windows 10 and AMD Ryzen:

GPD Win Max would use an AMD Ryzen Embedded V1605B APU with 4x Zen cores + 8 threads at a Base/Turbo frequency of 2.00/3.60 GHz accompanied by AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics with 512 Stream Processors x 1.10 GHz along with a DDR4 memory controller 2400 MHz , a notary performance jump over the Intel Core m3-7Y30 2-core CPU with Intel HD 615 graphics
. RAM wise, there would be several variants, so it makes sense to think of 8GB of LDDR4 RAM with different storage capacities.

The GPD Win Max would arrive sometime in the current year with a screen greater than 6 inches, M.2 SSD storage, and great connectivity skills like the rest of the models, featuring WiFi + Bluetooth connectivity, microSD card reader, USB Type-A and Type-C ports, HDMI-shaped video output, etc

win-max_01.jpg

GPD-Win-Max-1.jpg

https://liliputing.com/2019/04/gpd-win-max-will-be-an-amd-ryzen-powered-handheld-gaming-pc.html/amp

Old version, from 2016:

Last edited:
Piracy and emulation of cracked games doesn't make it a console. :no:

Certainly not in the sense of a "console industry" context.

Piracy and emulation of cracked games doesn't make it a console. :no:

Certainly not in the sense of a "console industry" context.
maybe mods could move this to the PC section,then. it's kinda odd that the kind of console I'd like to have is being made by independent developers

for anyone interested in it, it is highly recommendable to get the 8700 version instead of the 8750 model

for anyone interested in it, it is highly recommendable to get the 8700 version instead of the 8750 model

Wouldn't draw too sweeping conclusions from such a small sample size, especially when the video author mentions that someone else with an 8750 model gets much better performance in this game. And when there appear to be other random discrepancies in the software configuration.

I also really doubt that the alpha fix explains it given that there's no reason for Dolphin to use ASTC textures.

Wouldn't draw too sweeping conclusions from such a small sample size, especially when the video author mentions that someone else with an 8750 model gets much better performance in this game. And when there appear to be other random discrepancies in the software configuration.

I also really doubt that the alpha fix explains it given that there's no reason for Dolphin to use ASTC textures.
It's kind of a mystery, because both processors are almost basically the same, according to benchmarks, although the name of the GPU part (Intel HD Graphics 405 for the 8750 and just Intel HD Graphics for the 8700 processor.. CPU side, the clock frequency changes, slightly favouring the 8750, which the guy mentions in the video below.

http://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/compare_cpu-intel_atom_x7_z8750-605-vs-intel_atom_x7_z8700-537
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-x7-Z8750-vs-Intel-Atom-x7-x7-Z8700

He says in this video that the cause is most likely an issue, whatever it is. But the difference is kinda huge, performance wise.

You must resist and wait for a version with a Raven Ridge. You know it'll be worth the wait.
I hope so, the Recore picture looks cool and all but I highly doubt that tablet can run a game like that with an Atom. I am not in a hurry to get it, but it looks so fancy..

I highly doubt that tablet can run a game like that with an Atom

In this particular case it's a X5 8300 which has only single-channel DDR3, so definitely not.
Though to be fair they seem to announce it as more of a streaming client for games than a gaming capable stand-alone device.

In this particular case it's a X5 8300 which has only single-channel DDR3, so definitely not.
Though to be fair they seem to announce it as more of a streaming client for games than a gaming capable stand-alone device.
then emulation wise,it might be where its true potential resides, especially 2d machines. My connections is not that good for streaming.. btw, the most powerful tablet to date is the Razor Edge.
Razer_Edge__2__02.jpg

GPD Win 2 prototype exists already.

gpd-win-2.jpg

gpd-win-vs-gpd-win-2.jpg

Oh, and the GPD Win 2 is expected to ship with an Intel Core M3-7Y30 processor, which is a huge upgrade from the Atom x7-Z87xx chip used in the first-gen model. The new chip offers much better performance without increasing power consumption.

GPD hasn’t announce a price or release date for the GPD Win 2 yet.

https://liliputing.com/2017/10/gpd-win-2-prototype-breaks-cover-pocket-sized-gaming-pc.html

The new Intel APU has this graphics chipset, which you can see running GTA V at 1080p here.

GPD Win 2 prototype exists already.
The new Intel APU has this graphics chipset, which you can see running GTA V at 1080p here.
The Atom had 16 EU @ 200/600MHz, that M3-7Y30 has 24 EU @ 300/900MHz

Back