GAF implodes after owner Evilore is accused of sexual assault

gamers celebrating probably the best gaming forum being offline, now that's something, I suppose it goes well with the thread.

I've been trying to access NeoGaf since yesterday and I was wondering why the site wasn't loading. Finally looked up on it and, wow... Shambles.

gamers celebrating probably the best gaming forum being offline, now that's something, I suppose it goes well with the thread.
Lol. The irony is hard to beat. But don't let one person represent the population.

Neogaf will return in pretty sure. No other forum can replace it. It's also top 10 most popular forums in the world. Size and scale is not comparable, though I can imagine any other forum foaming at the mouth to pick up their traffic.

I've been trying to access NeoGaf since yesterday and I was wondering why the site wasn't loading. Finally looked up on it and, wow... Shambles.
I also had to catch up, just saw it go offline, which happens once in a while like when big things happen in the gaming world and their severs can't handle the F5. But this is something else. Hopefully this resolves soon.

Anyways, the site's default system error message always indicates that it's "planned maintenance" even when it's clearly random and sporadic. It was happening on and off Friday night and then all day Saturday, to where I can state with confidence that there's no way this is planned maintenance.

There's a few Twitter posts with pics of that place going into chaos. It reminds me of the early 90's MEME "All Your Base", when there's threads asking "What Happen?"

there was as much pro sony as pro MS or pro nintendo or pc or else
that's why there were so many shitstorms in every game threads.
i did not pay much attention to all these brand wars, but the forum was my main source for gaming news as it gathered all news in one spot, that was very useful.
I'll miss that if it does not come back.

Only really started going to Neogaf in the last couple of years. Never had an account there because it required an ISP email address (thought that was weird this day in age).

I thought Neogaf was fantastic in some areas and terrible in others. It's minimalist layout(that was awesome on mobile) and single main gaming forum made it the easiest place to read up on the latest gaming news/discussions imo.

That being said it seemed downright authoritarian when it came to moderating and in areas around politics/culture it was a hivemind.

"Mike Ybarra: Glad to see things finally burning to ashes. :eek:"

The best, fastest, most throughly information packed threads, OTs, E3 threads, sales figures, insider members, etc...I hope Neogaf is recovered. Nothing can replace it.

And that was ENTIRELY taken out of context. He was talking about the New York Yankees baseball team.

And here's his post giving context:

EDIT:

His post was at 2017-10-21 9:45 PM EDT and his response giving context was at 2017-10-22 6:49 AM EDT. Of course, that certainly hasn't stopped people reading the entirely wrong context on his post all day Sunday 2017-10-22.

Not me, this a time for popcorn

Well me too, but we're obviously not the ones who posted it. Where the hell is that popcorn emoji?!? Also, no thread about GAF would be complete without animated gifs!

giantpopcorn.gif

I was imagining that's what a natural reaction might be if one's post was so misconstrued.

Back