Mize had some more bad news.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
I'm sad to say that his mother passed away yesterday. She was old and had lead a full life, but it's still a heart-breaking thing to have to go to.

I wanted to start a thread just to offer support and condolences for him and his family, hopefully it'll give him a smile or at least a warm fuzzy when he checks in.

I'm truly sorry for your loss buddy, and again my best to your family in your time of grief. :(

Hey.
Thanks all.
Just checking in after a crazy week. Mom died on Thursday. Managed to get all three kids and all the older grandkids to her side in the final hours (two are smaller kids who live far away). She had early Alzheimer's and stage 4 cancer and was vocal about being ready to die for some weeks before. It'll be strange as looking after her has taken a large amount of my time the last couple years. Just need to get through the funeral with all the requests for date changes to convenience people and then all the "can I have" requests for her personal stuff and furniture and then the joy of settling her estate (please let my sisters be reasonable people), and then it can all hit me.

I was fortunate that I had written her a long letter about her life (which she had forgotten owing to the dementia) which I was able to read to her in her final conscious hours. I did my best for her. Wish I'd done a few things differently, but that's just water over the dam at this point.

Sorry for your loss, and nice work on the letter. That is a really good idea. At that point I can see it being something a person is ready for, but it must always be hard. I was sitting in the room with one of my grandpas when he died after cancer and it was definitely a relief in many ways, but still sad. I was the last person to take him out on a walk in his wheel chair. It is nice when you can do something worthwhile (it is nice for the person and at least for me made things easier).

Mize, I am so sorry for your loss. As they say here.... Mother, there is only one. She is going to take care of you from somewhere up in the sky.

Back