Cuphead. Classic cartoons; [XO, XOX, XPA, PC, NX, PS4]

a very religious guy uploaded a video in Spanish -I'd advice you to use the subtitles- titled "Satanic messages in Cuphead". The premarital sex being a sin part killed me off. :)

Just found out that the creators of this game are from my hometown. Pretty neat considering I live in a pretty small city (population of a little over 200k).
My brother's friend is actually good friends with at least one of the brothers.

Can you please send them my deepest, heartfelt, congratulations? I’m still floored by this game and will end up with an XBox because of it (and a few others). Just wowed.

Heh I suppose if I ever run into him. But again, it's my brother's friend of a friend. City is small, but not to the point where everyone knows each other. We have a different crowd of friends.

Just found out that the creators of this game are from my hometown. Pretty neat considering I live in a pretty small city (population of a little over 200k).
My brother's friend is actually good friends with at least one of the brothers.
I'm assuming your referring to Regina, SK?

Newegg has CupHead Digital Code for Xbox/Windows 10 (Xbox Play Anywhere) for $15 with promo code EMCBBCD55, for those looking to pick this up but haven't yet.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cu...integration-coming-later.106530/post-19043789

heh.

Teeth said:
There are many levels to this question: On the business side, i can't talk about that at all, but I'm sure you understand. I can say that Microsoft has legitimately, no PR fakeness, been an amazing partner. Chris Charla is awesome, Phil is awesome, everyone over at MS is awesome. This would not have happened without them.

Anyone that we've worked with on the Nintendo side has been great too. You can tell that they are really focused on making sure things go smoothly for fans.

RE: new localization work - Pretty cool.
The actual technical process of getting Cuphead on a Switch was more involved. We had to migrate the game over to a newer version of Unity, which took work. We were also in the process of adding all this HOT NEW CONTENT at the same time so it took a bit longer than expected. We were also doing the full localization into the 10 new languages and that is way scarier and more complex than people realize. Localization is no joke. The scariest thing is that there was no way for us to check whether the translations were any good. We saw what happened with Darkest Dungeon and we realized that we didn't want that happening. So we went all out. We outsourced premium localizations to different companies then paid other companies to do reviews of those localizations, then went over them again based on those reviews. We got professional Japanese manga calligraphers to do custom calligraphy for the Boss and Level title cards (as well as Chinese and Korean calligraphers too)...all based on the styles that existed from the 30s.

Localizing Cuphead is no joke. There's not much dialogue, but the dialogue that exists is all puns, rhymes, idioms, and plays on words. If you directly translate a pun, it makes no sense in other languages, which meant custom new stuff had to be written for each language. It's a scary thing; Cuphead has a very specific tone, and we were relying on our localizers to capture that for their native cultures.

And then the fonts....so much of Cuphead relies on the fonts being a certain size, that we had to hand check literally every instance of every word throughout the game and make it fit properly within the context.

But all in all, the port to Switch reaped benefits on other platforms (we shaved almost 7GB off the file size and slashed load times by nearly half in some instances) and we wanted to insure everyone gets a smooth 60fps experience.

Switch trailer

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cu...integration-coming-later.106530/post-19041641

new features (coming as a free patch to all current owners on all platforms)...character select, fully animated cut scenes, 10 different localized language support (choosable from the menu)...including CUSTOM Japanese/Korean/Chinese hand calligraphy! New art, new intros, new jingle when you beat a boss with Mugman. Faster load times! Smaller footprint on your hard drive! And more!

Also, the Switch version presently has an offline version of the Achievements (with our own custom achievement sound and popup!)

720p60 for handheld mode also.

DLC will be day & date for all platforms.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cu...integration-coming-later.106530/post-19039795

Physical versions for Switch/Xbox will arrive post DLC so that they're the final versions (inclusive of DLC).

--------------------

RE: current versions
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/03/20/cuphead-free-content-update/

free patch is coming April 18 and it features a bevy of new features, art, and back end changes readying Cuphead for the adventures ahead. First up, no longer relegated to second fiddle, Mugman is now playable in single-player. Complete with his own level completion jingle, Mugman is selectable from the main menu when starting or continuing any game.

went back and fully animated all our cinematic cut-scenes. We’ve also added multiple fight intros for Cuphead and Mugman, added new special effects to the Legendary Chalice’s granting of Super Arts, new enemy explosions, new puffs of smoke, new background details, and more!

localized the entire game into French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese. We know it’s been a long time coming, but we wanted to take special care with each translation, including using curated fonts for each language. In fact, we even partnered with expert calligraphers to bring the boss and level title card lettering to life in Korean, Chinese, and Japanese – each inspired by the early cartoon works of each country.

Last edited:
Maybe XBL connectivity was a deal breaker? The port is also being done in-house so who knows.

Why not also a PS version? Is it deliberate?
yes, as @AlBran mentioned, streaming might have something to do with it.

Ori is also coming to other platforms -Switch-, which imho, is great. Ori deserves to be played on every platform.

I don't get the streaming part. The game is going to have a disk release on Switch and XBOX. Is the progress saved on Live?

Back