Claybook [XO, PS4, PC, NX]

Have to say sebbbi I'm enjoying this game. Was frustrating at the start and I'm still terrible at stamping and raising my level from stamping but I'm gradually getting the hang of some bits. I wish you could reverse your path without stamping.

seriously though, you don't need pixel sized particles to have convincing enough fluid/soft bodu simulation for a game. You know that full well as that is the case with claybook's water. I wondered if you did experiment with a game done entirely of interactive particles such as those used for water because there is much more water in claybook than I had thought possible on ps4bone. Maybe with a very small play-area and gameplay that fits that restriction (Im thinking physics based captain toad here) a game where the whole level is dynamically deformable may already be within reach.

Have to say sebbbi I'm enjoying this game. Was frustrating at the start and I'm still terrible at stamping and raising my level from stamping but I'm gradually getting the hang of some bits. I wish you could reverse your path without stamping.
We have been thinking about this issue a lot. If stamping would not go to rewind mode, the player and the stamp would overlap each other. Either the player would get stuck, or the stamp would be eaten. Neither are good options. Going to rewind solves the overlap issue, as rewind disables collision (goes through all obstacles), allowing the player to rewind until the shape is not overlapping with the stamp anymore. Another way to solve this issue to make stamps appear with delay, possibly growing/morphing organically from the surroundings. We haven't tried this, but I can already see that it would change the gameplay a lot. You could simply use stamps as elevators (stamp + wait it to grow under you and stamp again -> get higher all the time). You can obviously do similar stuff with current stamps already, but it just requires more skill. That would also remove the "double jumping" with stamps (stamp in air after a high speed jump, rewind shortly -> rewind returns the velocity -> bounce from stamp). We are still undecided whether that stamp jumping technique is healthy for the game, as it allows practically getting anywhere in the map once you have mastered it. Definitely going to test other ways to separate stamping and rewinding, and evaluating the upsides and downsides of each. As you said, the current stamp + rewind is pretty hard to grasp for beginners.

We are lowering Claybook GPU minimum requirement on PC. We just made a beta build with improved "low" graphics quality settings. If you want to help us in testing, and have a GPU that has around 1-1.5 TFLOP performance and 2GB+ memory, send me a PM and I will give you a key.

We are lowering Claybook GPU minimum requirement on PC. We just made a beta build with improved "low" graphics quality settings. If you want to help us in testing, and have a GPU that has around 1-1.5 TFLOP performance and 2GB+ memory, send me a PM and I will give you a key.
We already got some test help. Thank's for that! We still need test results from 600 and 700 series nvidia cards. If you have a card like 750ti/760/760ti or 650ti/660/660ti we need your help :)
Any chance for a ps4 pro version? :)
We are planning to support both base consoles and the improved ones. We have devkits and the game is already running very well on them. But don't take this as an official announcement yet.

We are planning to support both base consoles and the improved ones. We have devkits and the game is already running very well on them. But don't take this as an official announcement yet.
Both PS4 and Switch, right? :neutral:

It's alright, the dev already answered the question regarding DX12 support (coming via patch) on Twitter.

Fwiw, I think there needs to be more games with Claymation style graphics. It's a relatively under-abused graphical style.

Last edited by a moderator:
which gpu do you think will do the job for 4k rendering? I have a 5.2 teraflops gpu --the RX 570

Back