What Anime are you watching now?

Still watching Magi. Not bad, but it's nothing exceptionally great either.

One thing that I'm beginning to find specially annoying in animes are the breakdowns and over the top dramatic reactions of their characters. As I've said on other occasions, I like drama and emotions in fiction, but sometimes this is way too much in animes. For instance, I really enjoyed Re:zero, but I began finding so annoying having to put up with 2/3 emotional breakdowns by the main character each episode. It goes like: emotions are overflowing within the character, who starts crying silently and then... HE STARS YELLING BECAUSE HE'S SO DESPERATE BECAUSE HE "DAISUKI" EVERYBODY AND NOBODY UNDERSTANDS HIM AND HE'S GIVING HIS ALL AND... ¬_¬

Of course, I understand that a person in such situations may feel that way, but in terms of how to depict fiction and develop a story within a cartoon show, it may be tiring if this is way too frequent... I can really like an emotional breakdown and seeing how a character is pouring their heart out, being truthful, repentant, etc., but in order to truly appreciate that, it must be an exception, not the rule because then there's no point, IMO.

Of course, I understand that a person in such situations may feel that way, but in terms of how to depict fiction and develop a story within a cartoon show, it may be tiring if this is way too frequent... I can really like an emotional breakdown and seeing how a character is pouring their heart out, being truthful, repentant, etc., but in order to truly appreciate that, it must be an exception, not the rule because then there's no point, IMO.

more like its the "normal" thing in japanese comics to have "one main formula" that keps geting repeated ad nauseum. like..... one piece with its "enemy becme friend" etc

I will get to it, I just know it isn't a "happily ever after one" and I can't deal with something that heavy right now. I'm trying to use anime to destress. ;)

Enjoying this anime that started recently.

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Civilization is dead, but Chito and Yuuri are still alive. So they hop aboard their beloved Kettenkrad motorbike and aimlessly wander the ruins of the world they once knew. Day after hopeless day, they look for their next meal and fuel for their ride. But as long as the two are together, even an existence as bleak as theirs has a ray or two of sunshine in it, whether they’re sucking down their fill of soup or hunting for machine parts to tinker with. For two girls in a world full of nothing, the experiences, and feelings the two share give them something to live for…
88321.jpg
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35838/Shoujo_Shuumatsu_Ryokou

Black clover is giving me og naruto vibes crossed with maybe akagame ga kiru, it’s my fav so far.
Boruto, kings game, shokugeki no soma, ballroom e youkuso, shokoku no altair and apocrypha are my animes this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Watching all those except Boruto. Also watching Juuni Taisen, UQ Holder!, Code Realize - Sousei no Himegimi, Dies Irae and Garo - Vanishing Line. It should be a very good season!

I finished Magi, first season. I will wait a bit until I begin with season two, and I'm really willing to watch it. As I said in previous posts, it got better, in my opinion, and I really liked some of the characters that appear in the last episodes.

I started Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, which some of you recommended. I'm liking it.

Yep. Watching all those except Boruto. Also watching Juuni Taisen, UQ Holder!, Code Realize - Sousei no Himegimi, Dies Irae and Garo - Vanishing Line. It should be a very good season!
  1. juuni taisen, is a wildcard for me. I love the bloody action but I feel like the story just wont pay off. I will be watching it closely though.
  2. UQ holder!, I just binged the first few eps and I am really liking it. I even am watching NEGIMA!? MAGISTER NEGI MAGI which is connected to that world somehow.
  3. Garo makes me feel sick during the action scenes but I feel obligated to watch it because I liked the last 2 Garo's.

Back