Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

from videos i've watched it looks like in VR if you lean too close to the dashboard or window, the view goes black, i hate that, in DC you can go as close as you want and even stand outside of the car ! Shame :(

The game still feels like pretty much a full GT experience. All the usual stuff, Missions, Licences, collecting cars, etc. seems to be in here. I wish the load-times on the licences were a bit shorter ...

EDIT: I still hate the brake tests after all these years ... [emoji1] This year perhaps even more - got within .1 of gold on almost all of them on my first run, but then it’s so hard to improve on that.

EDIT2: and they are still a good way to get you some cars ... [emoji4]

EDIT3: did half of the licences, one set of missions, they seem to be even better for getting cars, easier and nicer cars as a bonus ...

I also like that when you do the track training, you can go straight to the full track and only practice areas you think you need to if you want.

EDIT4: drove some more VR Mode, it’s still a bit nauseating, especially when driving down and then up a hill, but it’s better than DriveClub, if only because the car behaves more realistically. The 911 sounds pretty nice by the way. And goodness, some of these photomode locations ... wow.

Last edited:
Pretty good review, I think they get most things right here. I’m surprised at how much more polished this game is versus the old games, personally, and while I expected it to have a lot less of the single player stuff in there, in the end there’s really not that much difference as I thought. I always found the main game, the set races, actually quite boring, getting mostly excited about winning cars, as the AI often wasn’t interesting and I was frustrated with not being able to qualify, etc., and the crazy 24h races meant I would never finish a campaign ever. But with this I am very free to pick whatever race I want to, online or offline, and progress that way. I’m really happy with the game ... !

Back