Destiny 2

Agree. Autos are still the best.

Finished the raid finally!! When you get a good team it’s relatively easy. Problem is that before you get a good team, you’ll probably go through a few very stupid and very annoying kids who give zero fucks about doing things properly or even behaving normally.

Yep, that's pretty much the story of the raid.

The most annoying for me is the groups that procrastinate so much. Just screw around endlessly before actually PLAYING THE DAMN GAME. Just dawdle around forever getting enough players together, then when they're finally ready "hold on, i gotta get a pizza out of the oven" "Ok, sounds like a good time for a smoke break everybody!" FACEPALM. I've spent literally probably 30 minutes to an hour in some recent groups before one second of meaningful gameplay occurs.

Part of the problem is the way I do the raid, I do milestones mostly on Tuesday, takes up most of the days playtime. But that's also when most people want to raid I guess. Then, I do a fresh run, probably starting wednesday. These usually stall out after one or two checkpoints. So then I've got to try to pick up at that checkpoint the rest of the week which means the group is stuck and people probably quit to begin with, making the odds of success get even lower. Another thing is I raid late, which means groups can tend to break up because well, it's late. Granted, I'm in control of some of these issues (could raid earlier and on Tuesdays)

Or the squeakers...ever annoying. Worse when you can tell they're the weak link that will inevitably doom the group.

Then the groups that just arent good enough, and you can tell. Where multiple players dont do their jobs.

Man, seems I'm past due to get in a good group accidentally and quash this raid! But the problem is now heroic will make it even more hard. I'm on Callus, so I'm hoping I can finish him Monday, if not it's problem because the instant heroic comes out nobody wants to do normal at all anymore.

At least I feel like I understand and am experienced in all encounters though, and am ready for heroic in that sense. Really that's more important than actually finishing, finishing is like a roll the dice into a good group formality at that point.

Yep. I only needed a chest piece to finally get to 305, but I got the raid auto rifle twice, the same exotic helmet three times, an unspecified number of same old guns over and over again. No chest. Oh well

Got the nameless midnight!!!!

I just stopped using purple coins...boom, got it. Maybe this changes the RNG.

But fck, this weapon feels not so extremely good after one strike...origin story rocks!

Will try more...only gun left I want: better devils.

I've played D1 for a few hours today as there were 2 new quests and the PS4 timed stuff "seems" to be active. Didn't see the PS4 strike yet but the PS4 wizard bond dropped from these special engrams 2 times. Green Engrams are dropping again too which is really strange.

Anyway, the gunplay difference to D2 is significant. My Cryptic Dragon with Triple/ER/FR feels so much better than the Nameless Midnight which is literally the only legendary scout worth using in D2.

It's so much more fun to just move around than in D2. Didn't feel bored at all while D2 bores me quickly.

And the real interesting thing is that the game was quite full of people (again) vs. the first week D2 was released.

D2 is kind boring for me too. I haven't raided, or even ran the NF yet. Too much hassle with my limited playtime to organize a fireteam. I wish Bungle would just quit out thinking themselves and implement MM for NF and the raid.

I tried that guided games thing, but ended up waiting for about 10 minutes for a group before bailing to do other things. Not sure if I was doing it correctly though.

Anyway, everything feels like a chore. I think Bungie has abandoned their "30 seconds of fun" mantra.

I tried Vigilance Wing again, expecting it to be another wannabe-meta letdown like so many hyped weapons before. I got that a long time ago and dropped it really quick as it seemed terrible initially.

Nope, I'm legit surprised. Almost shocked. So far it seems to stand up to anything in the meta. I mean, wow.

Paired really well with a sidearm.

Also hit 305, so now I just realized there's no reason to do milestones really now, unless you're just hunting for a pvp gun or something. Well, I guess maybe upping other gear, though that wont last long and is not a big deal. I have to admit the complaints of no endgame have strong validity. Honestly after I beat the raid (and only dumb luck it's taken me this long) there will really be nothing to do.

And Iron Banner...used to be a fun grind, now I dont even know what the grind is. To get tokens I guess? Why am I doing IB at all? The scout is a 150 RPM so, useless...personally i never care about "cool looking armor sets" like apparently some do. Especially since I get the PVP perks I want on the armor I have and leave it alone...

Edit: Well I did just get a 300 engram from IB. IIRC the first engram I got from it was 294. Not sure the difference. If it drops powerful gear with every package though, that's crazy lucrative for non 305 people.

Also my blues started dropping at 297-98 at 305, whereas they dropped a lame 293-4 at 304. game makes no sense. But it's nice for jacking all my gear up.

In other news I switched to Gunslinger. Arcstrider super is just too awful to bear. I'm not good at aiming golden gun, but slowly I'm liking it. at least I have a CHANCE at a couple kills with my super now, instead of nothing. As for any other differences, to me there are none. I dont miss anything on Arcstrider. Incendiary grenade is just as good as any Arcstrider grenade.

A thing I didn't know about Golden Gun (this incarnation) is, it lasts a decent amount if you're not shooting it. That's nice, as it gives you time to hunt targets. A helpful tip I learned on reddit is you pretty much ALWAYS want to be in cover when you pop it, if not they're gonna mow you down usually, because of the long animation.

For an exotic I just run Knucklehead radar without Mida and Foetracer with.

Again, sad there's just no differences in most things really anymore in the game. There's a couple things that matter per subclass and the rest doesn't. Differences keep getting dumbed down.

Last edited:
Handed in 140 vanguard coins at once...no nameless midnight :(

Also, getting the same exotic over and over again feels boring.

Boring? It's infuriating. It's obvious that their algorithm for rewards is based on what you have and not random. You can get the same stuff over and over when the pools is 40+ items. Getting the same arms three times in a row over the span of days should be really really low probability, but it happens all the time in D2.

IB wasn't too bad. Though I had real problems to finally get the 5 kills. Probably up to 10 times(felt that way) I got a 4 streak and just on the last somebody got me.

The new map Distant Shore is a revision of Shores of Time which I've always enjoyed in D1.

I ignored the Meta of team shooting and managed 4/6 games at the first position. Lone wolf and just tried to defend control points while hiding. The crappy radar in D2 is a real problem. I used Nameless,Uriel and Main Ingredient(Fusion)

Finally beat the raid. Left off on Callus last week and started late, didn't want to grind the whole raid, so just LFGed a Callus CP, beat it first try.

I literally got nothing of consequence. Token and stuff. Found the sweeperbot and got the sword and maybe some other stuff, sharded it.

I want the raid Scout now, since I found out it's a 200 ROF. But of course I get a bunch of heavies forever. the loot pool in this game seems heavily weighted, heh. I get a lot of heavies.

IB pulse is supposedly good. Some guy was certainly raking me with it in a match earlier. I doubt a pulse is THAT good but yeah.

STILL have no legendary 200 ROF again.

This site is kinda awesome, tells you where to grind stuff. So to get a seven-six-five or Last Hope I gotta grind Nessus. To get Nameless Midnight gotta grind Zavala (or just do campaign with an alt is probably faster).

https://destinysets.com/

Strange. I only completed it once but I now have the rocket launcher, the shotgun, the auto, the sniper and a couple pieces of armour from the raid.

Here's a list of weapons I've tried that I think are solid for PVP:
Kinetic SRs: MIDA, Nameless Midnight
Kinetic AR: Origin Story
Kinetic PR: Nightshade
Kinetic HC: Better Devils, The Old Fashioned, Judgement (Trials HC)

Energy SRs: Manannan, The End (Trials SR)
Energy AR: Uriels Gift, Prosecutor (both 450RPM), Martyrs Make (600RPM)
Energy PR: Nergal
Energy HC: Minuet, Annual Skate
Energy Sidearm: The Last Hope (or most of the Omolon burst Sidearms)
Little update to my list. Weapons in bold are top tier weapons IMO.

Just to add a few more:
SMGs: Adjudicator (trials SMG), Antiope-D (still don't have one :(), The Hero's Burden (Iron Banner SMG... I REALLY like it)
SRs: Pleiades Corrector (FWC Scout)
ARs: The Number (FWC AR)
PRs: Vigilance Wing
HCs: Dire Promise (Dead Orbit HC)
HCs are kind of weak right now but this is a solid one.

For power weapons, Sins of the Past, Main Ingredient, The Wizened Rebuke (IB fusion)

Personally, these are my top 10 kinetic/energy weapons:
1. Uriel's Gift - Best AR in the game because of high cal rounds and highest range. Very versatile.
2. Antiope-D - Fastest TTK SMG.
3. MIDA Multi-tool - Overall solid. Best SR in the game.
4. Last Hope - Easy to use CQC weapon, quickest TTK.
5. The Hero's Burden - Absolutely shreds at close range if you can control the recoil. Highest range for 900RPM SMG and also has High cal rounds.
6. Origin Story - Best kinetic AR.
7. Adjudicator - A slightly worse Antiope-D (less range, no kill clip)
8. Manannan - Best Energy SR IMO. Pleiades is solid, but I personally don't like the recoil.
9. Prosecutor/The Number - Slightly worse than Uriel's.
10. Vigilance Wing - A good pulse for medium/longish range.

Note that this is strictly for PVP.

Random rant: Getting DDOS'd in Trials seems to be a bit more frequent in D2. Happened to use 3-4 times already. Last time we got DDOS'd, 3 of us couldn't reconnect to the internet for ~10 mins. Bungie needs to really crack down on these people. :devilish:

Last edited:
Strange. I only completed it once but I now have the rocket launcher, the shotgun, the auto, the sniper and a couple pieces of armour from the raid.

So nothing good.

I may have got the armor too armor means nothing to me. I'm pretty sure I got the cloak at least a few times. Unless it increases my light I guess which now I'm 305 anyway. I got the shotgun, sword a few times, RL and maybe more.

I mean I've gotten quite a few raid stuff, just not the good primaries AR/Pulse/mainly the scout! Which is all that matters to me. Well, the "Sins of the Past" RL is the best in PVP that I know of and also has cluster bombs for PVE, so its nice. But I've had it for a while.

Armor I'm more worried about having the right perks and "stats" for PVP so I get that and leave it be.

It's really hard for example to get any kind of recovery on a hunter. I think with an exotic helm the best a hunter can do is 6 recovery. But I almost always run Knucklehead or Foetracer so I'm limited to 5 max. But I only have 4 currently on my PVP build and I have to work to get that.

Basically mobility is pretty useless especially with Mida which gives you strafing speed which is the only advantage of mobility. And Hunters are stuck with gobs of mobility by default.

Then I run counterbalance kinetic/energy on my cloak/arms etc.

Another problem with this game is it seems REALLY hard to get the legendary mods you want to get 305 on a PVP (or PVE) build, yech. I guess you just have to have 3 specific blues to buy just one, which can take a while. It's really dumb system. For example now most of my 305 stuff I just put or it dropped on random yucky mobility armor. Trying to get a 305 set with some recovery (which also seems very helpful in PVE) is difficult. Now imagine if I wanted to change mods or whatever because I switch subclasses, or want reload instead of counterbalance. It'll take an eternity to get kitted out. Forgetting even other classes (Titan/Warlock). Hell even getting the blue mods you want is hard, I have 10,000 blue mods but probably not the ONE I want in any given instance.

And how about the fact the gunsmith inventory only shows the first ten legendary mods you can buy or something? You have to put blue mods in the vault in order to even see his inventory that you want. It's beyond fucking dumb. How would a casual player ever know this stuff? For a while I couldn't figure out where his legendary +5 weapon element mods went, til i learned this. Never mind it's almost impossible to get a damn kinetic+5 mod (yes I know how to do it, it's costly).

Completely garbage system, who designed this a monkey?

Yup. The whole "go to the vault, put your stuff here, can't keep that stuff here, there, lose it, go to the post guy, no space, go to the vault la la la" is just so stupid.

Surely, surely there's a simpler and quicker way to manage inventory ffs!

About the Mod generation. Is it possible to create other armor mods besides the ones you can buy? I only know I can create the primary +5 but as you said it's costly.

Back