Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

My t300 have a faulty mosfet, I could try to repair it, but it triggered an irresponsible urge to get the thrustmaster T-GT instead. Which seems to be finally coming out. :runaway:

http://www.thrustmaster.com/node/7587
It seems to be based on the TS-PC Racer which had excellent reviews. A bit strange that they added exclusive firmware code for gran turismo, at least it sounds like firmware.
T-DFB : Years of collaboration with Polyphony have resulted in the creation of in-depth sensations in the steering column. Combining brushless motors’ refined Force Feedback with this Depth Feedback creates a realistic 3D perception of the environment. Adding suspension and vibration effects via the steering column gives drivers more information with which to analyze and experience cars’ behaviour and physics, and therefore anticipate and instantly react to track conditions. Thrustmaster T-DFB is exclusive for GT Sport and for future Gran Turismo games.

quick look at GTS Demo and PS4 Pro 1080p output ... there are two options, prioritise quality (supersampling) and prioritise framerate, replays are 60 fps from in-car view in both modes, in framerate mode there are 60 fps even from outside TV style camera view (with stutters when full car grid is shown, dunno if usual slowdown or framepacing problem), 30 fps in quality mode but didn't see any stutters. Bring it on monday.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

7.png

Last edited:
Jesus Christ I think I'm about to eat some of my own criticism about the game's visual, 60fps or not this is delivering way beyond my expectations.
k8DNUf.png

693buA.png

Can't wait to see it in HDR and WCG.

Jesus Christ I think I'm about to eat some of my own criticism about the game's visual, 60fps or not this is delivering way beyond my expectations.

693buA.png

Can't wait to see it in HDR and WCG.
For a 60fps title, lighting is very impressing. This one reminds me of Driveclub's lighting.

I also have to state my initial impression of the beta was based on stuff like this,
https://abload.de/img/k9qbqtsmj.jpg
But then it got upgraded to this :).
https://i.cubeupload.com/KIwxXy.png
I am never underestimating PD's ability to improve itself ever again.
Exactly. The difference is staggering. But it shows we were right to complain the first time...

Wait what? The demo is out? How can you access it? Cant find it in the store

You can pre-load it and go into the game's main menu but all content is locked until Monday. People are just watching the attract mode real-time replays that happens after sitting in the main menu.

took me 30h to download :(
it's available yes, but it unlocks only tomorrow, you can still launch it and watch random replays and vistas.
Did you make sure all apps were closed? Some say pausing and resuming speeds things up.

Only took me around 6 hours, and I only have a 25Mbit download speed. Maybe it's because it's not as popular in North America than it is in Europe so the servers weren't as busy.

43GB FOR A FKKING DEMO?!?!?!!
Isn't it more of a locked/limited version of the full game?

Nevertheless, kind of strange way of doing a demo. I'll take it though. :)

Judging by the demo reel, the game looks quite a bit better than the beta. GT's lighting and car models are still consistently the best I've seen in a racing game.

Did you make sure all apps were closed? Some say pausing and resuming speeds things up.

Only took me around 6 hours, and I only have a 25Mbit download speed. Maybe it's because it's not as popular in North America than it is in Europe so the servers weren't as busy.

I only have a 6Mbs DL speed at best :runaway:

But fiber should be coming soon...

The demo is basically the full beta ... and crap watching it (replays etc) on Pro, it looks pretty amazing. Also interesting display calibration. I had to correct blacks a lot to the point where I was worried it would look crap, but it ended up looking great.

I best go to bed and try it in the morning rather than wait [emoji6]

Oh at one point I saw that Veyron in black and yellow ... wow ... that looked like a car that could turn into a mechanical wasp straight out of Transformers.

Last edited:
Back