ionAXXIA - classic top down design-your-own-ship space shooter. [Steam, Android, XBox, Win 10]

My Nexus 6p does not start the game, the screen turns white and that's it.

Not sure if its supposed to work on my device or not, let me know if there is anything you want me todo.

My Nexus 6p does not start the game, the screen turns white and that's it.

Not sure if its supposed to work on my device or not, let me know if there is anything you want me todo.
Absolutely should work. It's just a Unity game. Do you get the Unity loading screen before it turns white?

Mine starts, goes through Unity splash screen to the Starfield (which animates) then just sits there and doesn't seem to respond :( (Xiaomi Rednote Mi 3)

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

No, it just goes blank.
Do other Unity games run?

Mine starts, goes through Unity splash screen to the Starfield (which animates) then just sits there and doesn't seem to respond :( (Xiaomi Rednote Mi 3)
Actually, have you pressed the control button top left? The first screen is blank apart from a single button, hopefully prompting people to press it as it's the only thing on screen. Maybe it needs more 'attract'?

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

I will check, just need to find one first or do you have suggestion for a game I should try? Does the game need any special permissions maybe? I fickled around with my phone ages ago and basically shut down everything. But usually the apps asks for permissions if they are missing something.

Doesn't need any special permissions but does ask for contacts and stuff whcih comes from the social plugins I think. AFAIK though, if you decline these permissions the app still runs but functionality will be blocked.

Are you sure? Did you test it without the permissions? It might be a null pointer exception since they are trying to access information that is not "there". It happened to me before. If permissions do not exist you have to manually prompt the user for them since Android 6.0.

https://developer.android.com/training/permissions/requesting.html

As a side note, my new app is going to be released this week as well :D
Had some friends testing it and it was stable enough so I'm going to release is as non-beta....

Pressing buttons... thats a novel idea :) Thought i'd done that but obviously not as I can now get further <sigh> Thanks :)

Are you sure? Did you test it without the permissions? It might be a null pointer exception since they are trying to access information that is not "there". It happened to me before. If permissions do not exist you have to manually prompt the user for them since Android 6.0.

https://developer.android.com/training/permissions/requesting.html
Going by that, my target of API 16 should be presenting installation permissions, which is what I'm seeing when installing on Android 6 Nexus 7.
As a side note, my new app is going to be released this week as well :D
Had some friends testing it and it was stable enough so I'm going to release is as non-beta....
Well done. Good luck! What is it?

Going by that, my target of API 16 should be presenting installation permissions, which is what I'm seeing when installing on Android 6 Nexus 7.
Well done. Good luck! What is it?

Yes, your target is API 16 but is it the same for the third party plugins? In theory it should not compile if your target is below the plugin's target, but I've seen my share of weird things on Android on different IDEs.
In any case, did you test it with the permissions off? You can manually remove permissions by going to the Application Settings, even after giving them. Not too sure if it also works for API 16 apps, but worth a try.

My new app is, to quote from the store description:
"Retro Maze is a maze game designed as a throw back to the games of the early 90's. Using a visual and game play style akin to the grid based dungeon crawlers of yore, you will be challenged to find the exit of each Maze, all the while trying to find items, avoid traps and manage status effects! Overcome poisoning, blindness and confusion to emerge out of each level unscathed."

It is not 3D but uses pre-rendered animations in a first person perspective. From the feedback I got is not a game for everyone, it requires patience, good memory and orientation skills (although it gets easier with equipment upgrades), but I hope I'm capitalising in the satisfaction feeling of finishing a level! It should feel like an accomplishment.. I hope!

Doesn't need any special permissions but does ask for contacts and stuff whcih comes from the social plugins I think. AFAIK though, if you decline these permissions the app still runs but functionality will be blocked.

As for games, any of these? https://unity3d.com/showcase/gallery/games?platform=android&genre=&gametype=t-all#gamesstart
Crossy Road is simple and will test if Unity games run okay. You could also try my game Footy! Or Lara Croft Relic Run is more ambitious a test.

Tested footy and that worked fine

Works fine in redmi note 4 AICP rom.

Is the ship supposed to stop moving when you are turning?
What control scheme? The first default ship has inertialess drive so will stop if you turn. Assuming tap control, hold your finger down to fly as you turn. Or pick a different engine for different flight characteristics.

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Actually, have you pressed the control button top left? The first screen is blank apart from a single button, hopefully prompting people to press it as it's the only thing on screen. Maybe it needs more 'attract'?

Another nexus 6p here. I just get a white screen and no buttons that I can see or seemingly click. It does not go full screen and suppress the android nav buttons, they stay fixed on the screen and not recess down off the screen.

I am on android 8 btw if that matters.

The novawars build ran without issue.

Nice new name btw :)

Dusting off my Sony Z3V (no service) phone and Z3 Tablet to give this a try. Good to have an excuse to use my Android devices again. This latest round of iPhones is making the LG V30 look very nice.

going into the system app permissions it does list contacts and storage , granting both thoes does allow it to run.

Thoes plugins must kick in and try to use thoes permissions before even the unity splash screen and locks it up. I wonder if different android builds have different default behaviour regarding permissions.

Back