Non-Technical Clean-Up from Console Technology *purge*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globalisateur

Globby
Legend
Veteran
Supporter
it doesn't look that bad with the same settings. As you pointed out there is some loss in detail and it's no magic and nothing out of the ordinary.

It is fake 4k. You are discussing the use of resources and while it uses less resources, it doesn't compensate for the loss of detail.

OneX : native 4k (2160p or 3840x2160) which is 8.294.400 pixels

PS4 Pro: 1920x2160, which is 2160 checkerboard = 4.147.200 pixels

what do you mean by that? Using SSAA on top of checkerboard wouldnt just blur the image somewhat? I don't think that method can be reliable to elucidate differences because if you go 5k-6k checkerboard supersampled you are just adding more inexistent detail in the first place.
Do you know that currently the Pro has more native 4k games (current games) than XBX (announced) ? I am talking about games without dynamic resolution and checkerboard rendering.

There are plenty of games that will use fake 4K on XBX already.

Do you know that currently the Pro has more native 4k games (current games) than XBX (announced) ? I am talking about games without dynamic resolution and checkerboard rendering.

There are plenty of games that will use fake 4K on XBX already.
Yeah except that there isnt a big AAA game at 4k on the pro, it’s either sports games or last gen remasters while there will be many big games at native 4k on the x. Also the Xbox one x is far from perfect in this regard , at least for me. It should have been more powerful.

uhh wow this thread went to shit fast.
This topic is about checker boarding and quincunx techniques. This is not a thread about PS4 and XBO.
This is not a topic about praising one shit over the other at the cost of feeling good about your purchases.

Stop with that shit. It's off putting that this console war shit spreads to every single thread within the console forum.
You guys should focus more playing games on your console, or both consoles, instead of warring about it on every thread; you might actually be able to appreciate what you have instead of having to put down another to feel good about it.

We could battle it out with some cross platform fighting games but Sony won’t let us. :runaway:

uhh wow this thread went to shit fast.
This topic is about checker boarding and quincunx techniques. This is not a thread about PS4 and XBO.
This is not a topic about praising one shit over the other at the cost of feeling good about your purchases.

Stop with that shit. It's off putting that this console war shit spreads to every single thread within the console forum.
You guys should focus more playing games on your console, or both consoles, instead of warring about it on every thread; you might actually be able to appreciate what you have instead of having to put down another to feel good about it.
For once, I can say with 100% confidence that it's not my fault in this thread. :nope:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back