Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

Not bad if they continue to add 8 games a month.

I've been waiting for The Flame in the Flood to drop to a price that triggers a buy with me (3 USD or less), but it hasn't so far (5.99 USD in the current Steam sale). It's going to be a really good time for me when I finally have a month (or most of a month) to just dedicate to gaming.

Unfortunately, it would also mean I won't be making a dent in my rather large Steam backlog of games which got slightly larger with the current Steam sale. :(

Regards,
SB

New games for August:
Xbox_GamePass_August_Hero-hero.jpg

https://news.xbox.com/2017/07/27/xbox-game-pass-update-august-2017/

If they can continue to move at this rate, it's going to be very good value by the time 2018 rolls around.
I wonder if this will go over well with the 'UHD player only' crowd. Or the complete parent casual crowd. Because imo, this is going to be great value for a family with multiple players.
It's a rare thing when QTY > QLT. As a parent, kids don't care how great things are, they just like to try shit and move on. This fits the bill imo.

If they can continue to move at this rate, it's going to be very good value by the time 2018 rolls around.
I wonder if this will go over well with the 'UHD player only' crowd. Or the complete parent casual crowd. Because imo, this is going to be great value for a family with multiple players.
It's a rare thing when QTY > QLT. As a parent, kids don't care how great things are, they just like to try shit and move on. This fits the bill imo.

yeah...I still think EA Access is a better value simply due to cost...here in Canada you can buy a years subscription to EA Access for $29 at Costco...Xbox Game pass works out to $144 a year.

yeah...I still think EA Access is a better value simply due to cost...here in Canada you can buy a years subscription to EA Access for $29 at Costco...Xbox Game pass works out to $144 a year.
ahh, there's no annual 'subscription' amount yet? Hmm... yea that's where EA access is beast.
Really didn't think EA access was so cheap at costco, where you did find it? In the 'card' section by the books?

ahh, there's no annual 'subscription' amount yet? Hmm... yea that's where EA access is beast.
Really didn't think EA access was so cheap at costco, where you did find it? In the 'card' section by the books?

They email you the code actually:
https://www.costco.ca/Xbox-One-EA-A...Digital-Download-Code .product.100290407.html

It's really only a dollar cheaper than buying it on Xbox. Though depending on what province you are in you also save tax which makes it a few dollars cheaper...

In October another 7 games are being added to Xbox Games Pass. This is a pretty solid group of additions. For those who haven't played it, the game Costume Quest 2 is actually pretty good. It makes me wish the first one was Backwards Compatible.

Costume Quest 2
Maldita Castila EX
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell
State of Decay - Year 1 Survival Edition
Super Street Fighter IV
The Bug Butcher
Tower of Guns

Somehow I missed this...

They have launched Xbox Games Pass Goals. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/xbox-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-goals

UPDATE (28 SEP 17): Earlier this month we launched Game Pass Goals, a fun way to get rewarded for playing games in Xbox Game Pass. Each month a new Goal is posted in the Xbox Game Pass Lounge, and everyone who completes their Goal is guaranteed to win a prize, which include Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Gift Cards, movies, DLC and more. One lucky Xbox Game Pass member will also win a grand prize each month, such as a $500 Gift Card for Microsoft Store! With Game Pass Goals, there is no need to register or sign-up, if you’re an Xbox Game Pass member then you can jump right in and start winning. Head over to the Xbox Game Pass Lounge and check out your Goal at the beginning of each month for your chance to win awesome prizes!

That's a nice set of games. Saints Row: Gat out of Hell is something that I've wanted to play, but not enough that I wanted to buy it. Same goes for Super Street Fighter IV. I've realized that my fondness for fighting games has more to do with nostalgia than actually wanting to play them a lot. So I want to play them, but it'd only be for an hour at most. Definitely not something I want to waste money on anymore. As part of a cheap rental that includes a bunch of other games? Definitely worth it then.

Regards,
SB

Microsoft added an Original Xbox game to it's games pass earlier in the week -- Ninja Gaiden Black!

Microsoft continues to add a few games to the Xbox Games Pass for the month of November. There's also noise about some games will be removed (at the end of November?) from the service too, but those details are not known.

Additions for November:
Halo Wars Definitive Edition
Mega Man 9
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Oddworld New n Tasty
Resident Evil HD
Sky Force Anniversary
The World of Van Helsing: Death Trap

072664.jpg

If anybody still visits my Games with Gold spreadsheet I've added a column showing what Games with Gold titles are also available on the Game Pass.

Tommy McClain

Damn, Xbox Game Pass is continuing with good game additions. Still wouldn't be enough to get me to sign up for monthly for an entire year. But I'd certainly be tempted to rent a month 2-3 times a year now, rather than just once a year.

Regards,
SB

You need to do Bing Rewards. Then this Game Pass along with Xbox Live Gold is free.

Currently on the dashboard Xbox Games Pass is marked down to $1 for 1 month, when the normal price is $10. That's not bad for 1 month rental of all the games in it, if you dont have 29K Bing Reward credits to get 1 full year. Just remember to turn off auto-renewall.

Back