Car game comparisons *hit & run*

great looking results but it is also a traditional racing game. You may be able to look around 360 degrees but thats about it in terms of "exploring" the world around you. Will be more interested to see what 1X can do with games where things can get chaotic. Crackdown 3 should be a good game for that.
What about physical and visual damage , dynamic weather system (like Project Cars) and other realistic effects such as tiresmoke? does it do anything demanding? If they had to cut such things back then In my opinion its not worth the 4K target.

Last edited:
Visuals are incredible even in this compressed 30fps video and to me artistically and technically more impressive than Forza 7 and any other competitor.It just kinda nails that CGI @ 60fps look doesn't it?
But the more i hear about it the less i'm interested in it. Preview mentions rubberbanding A.I... Yes I know that for example Pcars 2 currently has some A.I problems as well but Pcars 2 offers like 32 Grid races and is also more ambitious in many aspects.

great looking results but it is also a traditional racing game. You may be able to look around 360 degrees but thats about it in terms of "exploring" the world around you. Will be more interested to see what 1X can do with games where things can get chaotic. Crackdown 3 should be a good game for that.
What about physical and visual damage , dynamic weather system (like Project Cars) and other realistic effects such as tiresmoke? does it do anything demanding? If they had to cut such things back then In my opinion its not worth the 4K target.
Did you watch any of the videos? All of your questions are answered.

Visuals are incredible even in this compressed 30fps video and to me artistically and technically more impressive than Forza 7 and any other competitor.It just kinda nails that CGI @ 60fps look doesn't it?
But the more i hear about it the less i'm interested in it. Preview mentions rubberbanding A.I... Yes I know that for example Pcars 2 currently has some A.I problems as well but Pcars 2 offers like 32 Grid races and is also more ambitious in many aspects.
Rubberbanding A.I?

I hope thats just a place holder. Does the AI respond according to what is around the?
In the Forza 7 demo, even on Pro AI, the cars were careless, often banging on my car and driving me out of the road

Rubberbanding A.I?

I hope thats just a place holder. Does the AI respond according to what is around the?
In the Forza 7 demo, even on Pro AI, the cars were careless, often banging on my car and driving me out of the road
I'm not sure it works like that.
If you were on the race track with the greatest race car drivers and took a line that would lead to collision or did an action that would lead to collision would you expect those drivers to swerve around you?

A big part of being able to race tightly and dangerously is the trust that all the drivers aren't going to do something stupid.

If you were on the race track with the greatest race car drivers and took a line that would lead to collision or did an action that would lead to collision would you expect those drivers to swerve around you?

A big part of being able to race tightly and dangerously is the trust that all the drivers aren't going to do something stupid.
But thats the thing. I was trying to avoid collisions. I was respecting the AI cars. I was driving as safely as possible. If a car went in my line I would try to avoid it by reducing my speed and keeping the right line, just like in real life. The other cars though did not. They would run right through me. They behaved like newbs playing online that know they will face no real life consequences even if the car crashes. They took the risky and dangerous route that a real driver would have thought twice to take. I was taking the proper line on track. I can respond to what cars do in front of me but I am clueless what cars do behind me. The AI behaved as if I am the only one on track that should care about what all the rest are doing

Yes but i'd still expect some talented drivers to do something about it. They could either avoid you successfully, cause an even bigger crash by avoiding you or bang right into you. You see it quite often in Real life.
@Nesh
Other than the rubberbanding claim I haven't read or heard specifics about GT sports A.I. I can see more Life like A.I being a focus for the Next-gen now that I think about it. In some sport games it already works pretty good but yeah racers and other genres need work.

But thats the thing. I was trying to avoid collisions. I was respecting the AI cars. I was driving as safely as possible. If a car went in my line I would try to avoid it by reducing my speed and keeping the right line, just like in real life. The other cars though did not. They would run right through me. They behaved like newbs playing online that know they will face no real life consequences even if the car crashes. They took the risky and dangerous route that a real driver would have thought twice to take. I was taking the proper line on track. I can respond to what cars do in front of me but I am clueless what cars do behind me. The AI behaved as if I am the only one on track that should care about what all the rest are doing

you mean some fast avoiding collision reflexes:
happened to me in the forza 3 demo at the time:
the F430 driver AI was good, the porsche one not so lol

Just a question, and after having played project cars 2 on the ps4pro, do you believe that PC2has better graphics that forza 7 on the Xbox one x ? Honestly , to me at least, PC2 on the pro looks like a generation behind forza 7 (Xbox one x version). I could be wrong though.

The license tests and pvp grouping in GTS are supposed to emphasize good racing etiquette. The more you respect them, the more they group you with those acting the same way.

At the highest levels, it would be great if they enforced most of the real overtaking rules and add them to the AI.

The harder aspect is having the AI avoiding collisions as an easy exploit.

Did you watch any of the videos? All of your questions are answered.
possible. was a bit tired when i watched DigitalFoundry Demo video but other than No dynamic weather I don't think mechanical/Visual damage has been answered in that particular video. I've not followed the Dev/Promo process as i don't own a XB1 that is why I asked these questions in a forum.

Just a question, and after having played project cars 2 on the ps4pro, do you believe that PC2has better graphics that forza 7 on the Xbox one x ? Honestly , to me at least, PC2 on the pro looks like a generation behind forza 7 (Xbox one x version). I could be wrong though.
lol-don't know how you'd come to that conclusion but No. F7 is exclusive it is supposed to be optimized to the core and look better to be honest.
Yes i've seen some bad grass textures but It doesn't look a gen behind to me. Car models are pretty detailed in all three /GT/Forza/PC2

I played the beta when arcade mode was still in and there wasn't any rubberbanding AI in there. They didn't seem that fast though, but they were good at avoiding you blocking their path unlike what I've recently played in pCars 2 and Forza 7 where they just keep reversing and hitting you.

But gts is also exclusive and doesn’t have good graphics, in gameplay that is. Seems to me that some people are trying too hard with forza 7 , a game that looks jaw dropping on the Xbox one x and blows away every other 60fps racing game on the market.

But gts is also exclusive and doesn’t have good graphics, in gameplay that is. Seems to me that some people are trying too hard with forza 7 , a game that looks jaw dropping on the Xbox one x and blows away every other 60fps racing game on the market.
/opinion. :???::rolleyes:

Gameplay is mostly the same as replay, minus motion blur and DoF.

Not to mention neither game is released yet.

I played the beta when arcade mode was still in and there wasn't any rubberbanding AI in there. They didn't seem that fast though, but they were good at avoiding you blocking their path unlike what I've recently played in pCars 2 and Forza 7 where they just keep reversing and hitting you.

I doubt forza is that bad in actuality, it must be a bug, avoiding collisions is not 'that' difficult to program (speaking as someone whos programmed that sort of collision avoidance before, sure you can have situations where its impossible to avoid a collision, due to momentum vs inability to turn fast enuf)
actually Iooking at that clip again, I thought first avoidance is turned off but I see now it is attempting to miss the other cars, its just totally crap, haha the last bit with the 3 cars is hilarious, youve gotta wonder WTF was the AI thinking

That being said, I think one of the areas where GT Sport will dominate is playability from the get go. I've been reading through multiple Forums and it is not looking good. This will take a while to patch .I almost got fooled by high review scores.
In a perfect world Codemasters would've released a True Toca/DTM Race driver successor with the polish of the first 3 PC/Console games and the amount of content of Project Cars 2. Looks like I won't get my hands on any racing game for a while.

Last edited:
you mean some fast avoiding collision reflexes:
happened to me in the forza 3 demo at the time:
the F430 driver AI was good, the porsche one not so lol

Not even fast reflexes. I am talking about a simple case where cars are all going towards one direction and those behind me dont care where I am or if I gradually reduce speed for safety reasons. They will hit me or they will pass right next to me hitting me at the side or narrowing so close that I barely can remain in the track

I am impressed by GTS's AI in the video but the graphics look horrendous.

Well, I liked them. The colours seemed more realistic, to me, in comparison with Forza's.
Oh I agree about the colors. But the textures and overall detail is lacking.
The low AF makes the ground look like a total mess

Back