AMD Vega 10, Vega 11, Vega 12 and Vega 20 Rumors and Discussion

The new 12LP technology provides as much as a 15 percent improvement in circuit density and more than a 10 percent improvement in performance over 16/14nm FinFET solutions on the market today. This positions 12LP to be fully competitive with other 12nm FinFET foundry offerings. The technology leverages GF's expertise at Fab 8 in Saratoga County, N.Y., where its 14nm FinFET platform has been in high-volume production since early 2016.

https://www.globalfoundries.com/new...-technology-for-high-performance-applications

Isn't Ryzen and Vega on 14 LPP?

AFAIK you don't have to re tape out designs from 14nm to the new (12nm/14nm+/whatever PR decides to call it) node. Makes it fairly cheap and fast to just take it up. Wonder if this means 7nm will be delayed? They didn't mention anything of the like, and I wouldn't have expected the first 7nm chips to be read till 2nd half of next year anyway.

I wouldn't read into this for the 7nm process. This is just another example of the industry following or one-upping Intel's marketing. 14nm+ and 14nm++ given their own name, when in reality they're just natural process improvements that happen with every process. This 12nm is matured and improved 14nm.

AMD enables RX Vega mGPU support with Radeon Software 17.9.2
AMD enables multi-GPU (mGPU) configurations with Radeon RX Vega graphics cards, releasing the new Radeon Software 17.9.2. With Radeon Software 17.9.2, gamers can pair two RX Vega 56 or two RX Vega 64 GPUs, supercharging performance and letting them play at the highest resolutions with the most detailed settings in today’s most demanding titles.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-enables-rx-vega-mgpu-support-with-radeon-software-17-9-2.html

Why they bring crossfire when there is no possibility to buy even one card?

So for me it looks like primitive shader are broken, that's why they go on with unimportant stuff like crossfire :(

Why they bring crossfire when there is no possibility to buy even one card?
They're been fairly readily available for awhile now?

So for me it looks like primitive shader are broken, that's why they go on with unimportant stuff like crossfire
Always a silly argument. Highly likely different programmers/team for things like Crossfire compared to working with primitives.

Does AMD cards still support that "zero core" tech they introduced back in the R5000 series when running multiple GPUs? (IE, basically no power draw, fan powered off on inactive crossfire card(s).) Someone needs to test and find out with Vega! :D

Back