Destiny 2

You're kinda stuck once milsetones are done for the week. Other than farming PE's for exotic and that may not work as I'll get to.

Even the raid, well I opened two loot chests (non glimmer). One gave me a 274 legendary engram and a 286. The 286 ended up being a helmet, my helmet slot was already 290 with an exotic. At least by infusing it raised it to 291 (+5 mod). So I gained a whole 1 point in 1 slot. The other just gave coins and tokens. This raid seems EXTREMELY stingy on loot.

Even exotics aren't a sure bet. Again I'm 284 and my most recent PE gave me a...279 exotic. 5 below my power. Even with a +5 mod, it ended up being a 284 heavy, 5 below my current 289 heavy. That's an exotic. ridiculous. like i said, huge rut. At least it was mercliless (exotic fusion beast) which I wanted anyway.

Maybe you folks should sleep occasionally.
True that, D1 spoilt our habits. If not for D1 experience, I would have played it liesure;y and all would have been fine. 3 years of D1 training is hard to get out of your blood.
I guess we should play D2 like normal ppl. But that time has passed. We should have stretched the initial levelling up to weeks.

Only thing I can think of doing now is making a titan and enjoying that.

I'm also virtually locked at 282 as it uses the base value without the gear +5 mods. I still have the NF and Crucible though.

How did people get to 290? Hunting for Exotics with 1 or 2 points advancements in a slot if you infuse them sounds like a pretty asinine strategy to me. What was interesting that there was no difference between 280 and 281. Only 271 blues/legendaries dropped. Had to infuse a skull fort helmet to get get one higher but no real advancement afterwards.

I'm finding D2 way easier to put down than D1. Crucible is way less addicting and there's a lot less to do. Once Milestones are done each week you're basically done. Other than if you want to bang your head against the raid.

I finally hit 285 by completing the Sturm quest. It dropped 293.

I joined a clan that advertised join our clan you can just play solo if you want LOL. I just want that extra Luminous engram, that's 33% more of the only meaningful loot each week. So far I dont see any rewards, the clan milestone has stayed at 0% since I joined an hour ago. I'm not sure how much of a clan it's gonna be.

How did people get to 290?

Possibly luck. Probably more loot by being in clans. Maybe supporting fireteams, helps blow through PE's quicker and make them all Heroic. Good fireteams for raid in some cases. Lastly, maybe alt's?

I'm all confused about alts now, I read somebody on Reddit claimed alts of the same class are "power locked". So if you make a different class alt, it will grow faster because Bungie looks at your existing character being high already. But say if you have a hunter and make a 2nd hunter, it will grow more slowly. I dont know.

For sure at least you can trade weapons between alts no matter the class, which will help boost an alt.

I sure dont feel like making any alt though. Nope.

Oh also, no matter what exotics can still help. I got a low one on my last drop, but they should drop in a range that should increase your power most of the time.

Also, we're 280 plus. The cap is 300 (I guess 305 with mods). Realistically, we're as good as it needs to get, we're really scraping the endgame now. Also the raid is more mechanics, more power wont help too much.

Few minor comments, it seems like they decreased the run time of shadowshot eh? Possibly not the king of orb generation either? Bungie keeps bungie-ing. Pathetic. It's not like it wasn't generally a weak super before as is. Now you shoot it and seems like get about 4 seconds of tether.

Technically, this game really pushes the Xbox One. Really pushes the little console that could (groan). Cool. However there is a fair amount of slowdown when things get really crazy.

Also DF said something like "like D1 the game uses dynamic res on the horizontal axis on Xbox One" in it's video. Hmm? I thought D1 was locked 1080 on XBO. Have I been living a lie all these years?

More game comments, I got the merciless Fusion rifle which is a PVE DPS beast. It charges quicker every time you shoot and really amps up fast. Seems to be a community fave.

Also True Vanguard made a video that a legendary sidearm called the Last Hope is an absolute monster in crucible. I had been having surprising success with the drang sidearm in crucible so I think maybe sidearms are currently slept on. Anyway that's one to watch for. Hope I never sharded one in the past.

Last edited:
I joined a clan that advertised join our clan you can just play solo if you want LOL. I just want that extra Luminous engram, that's 33% more of the only meaningful loot each week. So far I dont see any rewards, the clan milestone has stayed at 0% since I joined an hour ago. I'm not sure how much of a clan it's gonna be.

Possibly luck. Probably more loot by being in clans. Maybe supporting fireteams, helps blow through PE's quicker and make them all Heroic. Good fireteams for raid in some cases. Lastly, maybe alt's?

Join the clan that iroboto and I are in. We're smallish, but fairly active. I've already got my weekly clan requirements done. Let us know if you are interested.

Since you can't really power up other than the milestones once you reach a certain level (other than lucky exotic drops), it gives me a chance to play other games. I haven't played OW since I got D2 and that's a great game for loot too...lol

The clan is working ok now. It's really kind of a cheat. I haven't talked to anybody or done anything in the clan, yet occasionally I'm getting called back to Saraya to pick up loot for no apparent reason LOL (actually others in the clan just clan doing crap I guess). So far I picked up two 282 legendary engrams that way which can be quite helpful compared to my recent exotics dropping 279/280 and other stuff 275. One was a chest which allowed me to gain a point after I modded it up to 287. Also finishing the Sturm quest allowed me to eke up a point.

So I have eked up to 286 at least.

I read about the clan on reddit, I think it already had 40+ members.

It says the clan XP is up to 35% towards the weekly luminous engram I guess. I was playing crucible (alone) just now and it said I earned 500 clan XP, I dunno. But I just joined like yesterday so I'm assuming nothing done before I joined in the week had counted, because it started at 0%. And of course everybody likes to do the milestones early in the week.

Also I read on reddit you get raid gear, albeit at 10 power, if your clan completes the raid. you literally dont have to a damn thing. Bungie is REALLY trying to force people into clans, while being overly generous.

Just now I got a Trials shotgun at 10 power from Saraya, again I did nothing.

Speaking of crucible I seem to be doing well lately. I just had a 5.0 efficiency game.

It seems like Omolon sidearms are pretty powerful, the 3 burst ones. Optimize them for stability I think. That's what Last Hope is, an omolon sidearm. I didn't get last hope, but I got a different Omolon sidearm and so far indeed it seems very strong.

Mida Mini Tool actually seems weak by compare, I dont use that despite my love for all things Mida.

So I use Mida which seems really strong and that Omolon sidearm, very powerful loadout. Still Arcstrider. Of course I'm a hunter guy and at the end of the day I cant aim under pressure (paradoxically I'm a scout guy who well, depends on his aiming LOL), so golden gun is out LOL. That's why I like Arcstrider/blade, no aiming.

Since I'm playing well that makes me like crucible better, trying to figure out why I dont like it. One of the biggest things is no k/d. Makes me feel like I have no idea how I'm actually doing. Probably another thing is without grimoire I dont have anything specific to grind towards.

An exotic engram actually did drop after a crucible match for me yesterday. That was cool.

I haven't gone back in the raid. Fact is pleasure gardens is gonna be as Datto said an LFG killer. Because it requires so much coordination and patience.

I can go back in the raid next week and benefit from the first two loot checkpoints again as well as being able to start fresh and another try at Gardens. Because if you LFG, non-fresh raids can be an extra shitshow because by nature if a group needs help at a checkpoint, it means they've stalled out there which isn't a great sign.

Oh, Xur. Big letdown, I already had merciless. Also was hoping he'd have heavy synth or at least some interesting baubles. Nope.

I picked up that hunter armor cause Datto said it's good. The perk is supposed to make arcstrider last longer when using "quick successive attacks" or something. So far I couldn't tell much difference.

About Heavy's, what are people liking? In crucible I've been using rocket launcher, just cause it seems like some pretty guaranteed kills when you get power ammo. In PVE, pre-merciless I was rather enjoying grenade launchers. They can carry a lot of ammo. They knock out the bathers quick in the raid. Now I'm sure merciless is better but I dunno, it'a little boring.

Last edited:
About Heavy's, what are people liking? In crucible I've been using rocket launcher, just cause it seems like some pretty guaranteed kills when you get power ammo. In PVE, pre-merciless I was rather enjoying grenade launchers. They can carry a lot of ammo. They knock out the bathers quick in the raid. Now I'm sure merciless is better but I dunno, it'a little boring.
PVP I usually use the fusion rifle that was in the beta. For PVE I use the same fusion rifle, but also Borealis (sorry Xbox owners).
The raid rocket launcher is also good in PVP because it gives you two rockets.

Got a bunch of things I wanted today, got my first flawless, got the Better Devils HC (probably the best HC in the game) and Borealis dropped for me finally. Got the trials helmet and gloves for my Warlock. Also got the hand cannon, auto rifle and sidearm. Going flawless is a good way to get high level gear, much better than the raid. Also FYI, power levels are disabled in Trials in D2, at least for now.

Nameless midnight is a very strong kinetic weapon to use in Trials or competitive (and PVE as well). Trials/comp is very slow-paced so you get into a lot of distant engagements. For quickplay I generally prefer MIDA or Nightshade.
In my energy slot, I really like the 450-600 RoF Auto Rifles. The Trials AR is very good. The 600 RoF SMGs and Omolon sidearms are also very good.

I was stuck getting stuff at 265 max then no idea why but something clicked and the game started dropping higher and higher. Now at 284. Got the Rat King at 294 which was nice.

Reddit was on about Uriel's gift (AR) and Antiope D (sub) being OP. They supposedly have a lot more range and stability than their class has any right too. Luckily I had both! Tried them just now 1 match.

They do seem pretty strong particularly Antiope. It'll take me a few matches to get back into the swing of hold down the trigger weapons to really give a verdict.

About the leveling, the issue is exotics just started dropping 5 lower than my power, maybe at like 282 or so. So if I'm 285 for example, my exotics will drop at 280. Not in a range of 280 on up, nope, just 280 only, all of them. Of course they come with plus 5 mods, so they will actually drop at 285, same as my level. So if I'm 285, some slots will be like 280 and some will be like 290. So, it's kinda 50/50 if the 285 exotic will help me or not. even if it does, it probably wont be a huge amount.

Also general blues and legendaries start dropping a full 10 below. So they are little to no help even for you worst slots. For some reason I'm currently at 9 below (287, legendary's droping at 278). They still cant help any slot though, all slots are 283 or higher.

It seems about the same for "power" legendary engrams such as from clan level up stuff. They were dropping 282 when I was ~286-7 I think.

As far as I can tell this just means around 280 leveling gets pretty slow and not much can be done. A weapon quest is one of the few things that will likely still bust through with extremely high level gear, however there are only 3 anyways and I've done 2, and the other one Rat King I'm iffy on if it's worth trying with LFG at all.

Oh well, I'm 287 now, very close to 288. Pretty soon there wont be too much leveling to do. The weekly reset will give me now 4 milestones minimum to cash in, plus several more legendary clan goodies, plus if I get anything in the raid. I should easily be low 290's+ after that.

And exotics from PE's or whatever can still help somewhat, as detailed.

Still hadn't got the chance to play for to work, bad internet, and friggin multi gigabytes destiny 2 update.

Missed xur

Guys I couldn't find the info anywhere but for people without PS Plus, what components of the game is available to them? Is the solo campaign playable without Plus but with internet connection?

PLayed the raid uptill the last boss. Easy if communicate , hard if u don't. Got a rocket launcher which is very very efective. Nothing else yet. A bunch of keys and a bunch of tokens which cannot be encashed till we kill Calus. What a tease -_-
I dont think I will be able to get the final boss before reset though.

Freaking got the Mida multi tool and it shoots me up to 285!

Maybe I am now finally able to finish stupid Nightfall with 5min left...can't do it with my buddy!

Is it possible to get loot during the Raid? Or do you only get stuff when finishing it....?

PvP is actually not that bad. People get shredded by this Egyptian looking pulse rifle exotic! Furthermore....it is all about the power weapons, reminds me about the early Gears games, where the team that controls the power weapon wins.

I still feel that my Titan is super weak in comparison to the Warlock...Warlock seem to be the best DPS and the best Tanks in this game?!?

I finally got the Mask of the Quiet Man (lol Bungie...why in hell don't you take the chance and make a helmet a la Masterchef when it is called mask of the quiet man?!?!?!)...it feels good.

What are you guys Titan builds?

Back