What Anime are you watching now?

For this season, I mostly followed Kakegurui, Gamers, Youkoso something, Made in Abyss, Ballroom e Youkoso, Knight's & Magic, Princess Principal, Nana Maru San Batsu, Shoukoku no Altair, Cheer Fruits, Symphogear.
I'm planning to binge watch some of the anime not listed (like Fate).
Anyway, if I must give a suggestion, I think most of the people here would probably like Kakegurui. It is a gambling anime with mostly girls (there are boys, but girls seems better at gambling in this school)... yes, school. The drawing is really nice in this anime and the competition is intense to watch. The gambling itself isn't fair gambling but they are trying to cheat each other.
Shoukoku no Altair is good if you like something like Arslan. Basically adventure, nation conflicts, historical (old) setting, war.
Princess Principal is a bunch of cute girls doing spy jobs. It is a bit dark and I really like the steampunk atmosphere. They have a portable gravity device which can alter... gravity, thus you can see some nice action in it.
Ballroom e Youkoso if you like competitive ballroom dancing. The human element is strong tho, kinda like Yuri on Ice but not/less gay (Yuri on Ice is awesome btw).
Knight's & Magic is really a nice mecha anime mixed with magic. There is conflict between nation in this anime, but this is not as serious as Gundam. Personally I really like the main character where he tried to always improve the mecha. It is fun to watch but the sometimes kid-ish atmosphere might turn some people away.. at least until the character grow up a bit.

I'm half way of One Punch Man. So far, I'm liking it. However, I'm liking more the animation than the story itself (which I'm not saying I'm not enjoying, but I don't feel as hooked as with other animes).

Also, I watched the second episode of Made in Abyss. Not bad, either.

I just watched King of Thorn, an anime movie.

There's a virus called Medusa which turns people into stone. A scientific corporation offers a new cryogenic method to preserve people in capsules so that they can wait until a cure is found. Some people pay for it, but some others are randomly selected. The main character is a young girl who lives with her twin sister; they lose their parents to the virus.

It all turns into a weird nightmare when she wakes up and sees that all the compound is covered up in thorns (as in Sleeping Beauty) and populated with lethal monsters. She and other survivors will try to find out what happened...

As always with animes: twisted Japanese way of telling a story, which becomes exquisitely confusing, profound and apparently senseless.

Had the same thing with the new Netflix original anime of "Blame!". About an hour in I asked myself, "Why the hell am I watching this crap?", and gave up and turned it off. :(

Had the same thing with the new Netflix original anime of "Blame!". About an hour in I asked myself, "Why the hell am I watching this crap?", and gave up and turned it off. :(
I'm gonna look it up...

EDIT: ok, I've read some things on it. Preferably I want a fantasy anime, now, since I've had enough with science fiction. Do you know any good fantasy anime series? Most of the fantasy animes I find have some weird technology twist to them which I dislike (fantasy + MECHS, fantasy + cool guns) or are way too weird (I can't stand when animes are full of weird reactions by the characters, like "whut... why did he pull that face out of nowhere? what's wrong?", they gasp/stand still/stop walking and say "ano..." and seem worried as if something happened ¬_¬).

Last edited:
First season of Log Horizon was pretty good, technically it might be sci-fi but it's people who were playing an MMOG who are transported somehow to the actual world and none of them have any clue why. It's pretty much straight up fantasy after that.

I tend to go more towards sci fi than fantasy. Fantasy always has too many deus ex machinas for me, sci fi at least seems to try and keep their world's consistent.

I'm gonna look it up...

EDIT: ok, I've read some things on it. Preferably I want a fantasy anime, now, since I've had enough with science fiction. Do you know any good fantasy anime series? Most of the fantasy animes I find have some weird technology twist to them which I dislike (fantasy + MECHS, fantasy + cool guns) or are way too weird (I can't stand when animes are full of weird reactions by the characters, like "whut... why did he pull that face out of nowhere? what's wrong?", they gasp/stand still/stop walking and say "ano..." and seem worried as if something happened ¬_¬).

Re:ZERO , Starting Life in Another World

It relies a bit on magic, but it tells a good story. Though some of the story could be compressed, it's not a bad 25 episode set.

EDIT: Though I don't recall if there's much/many scenes of over-reaction. Hopefully not.

Last edited:
Re:ZERO , Starting Life in Another World

It relies a bit on magic, but it tells a good story. Though some of the story could be compressed, it's not a bad 25 episode set.

EDIT: Though I don't recall if there's much/many scenes of over-reaction. Hopefully not.
I started watching Rokka No Yuusha just before reading your comment. Once I finish this anime, I will watch RE: Zero (I watched a trailer and I think I like it :) ).

I started watching Rokka No Yuusha just before reading your comment. Once I finish this anime, I will watch RE: Zero (I watched a trailer and I think I like it :) ).

I enjoyed Rokka but was disappointed they haven't had a second season of the anime since I enjoyed the characters and the story.

For this season, I mostly followed Kakegurui, Gamers, Youkoso something, Made in Abyss, Ballroom e Youkoso, Knight's & Magic, Princess Principal, Nana Maru San Batsu, Shoukoku no Altair, Cheer Fruits, Symphogear.
Anyway, if I must give a suggestion, I think most of the people here would probably like Kakegurui. It is a gambling anime with mostly girls (there are boys, but girls seems better at gambling in this school)... yes, school. The drawing is really nice in this anime and the competition is intense to watch. The gambling itself isn't fair gambling but they are trying to cheat each other.
Shoukoku no Altair is good if you like something like Arslan. Basically adventure, nation conflicts, historical (old) setting, war.
Princess Principal is a bunch of cute girls doing spy jobs. It is a bit dark and I really like the steampunk atmosphere. They have a portable gravity device which can alter... gravity, thus you can see some nice action in it.
Ballroom e Youkoso if you like competitive ballroom dancing. The human element is strong tho, kinda like Yuri on Ice but not/less gay (Yuri on Ice is awesome btw).
Knight's & Magic is really a nice mecha anime mixed with magic. There is conflict between nation in this anime, but this is not as serious as Gundam. Personally I really like the main character where he tried to always improve the mecha. It is fun to watch but the sometimes kid-ish atmosphere might turn some people away.. at least until the character grow up a bit.

Thabks a lot. Enjoying ALL you mentioned! Thanks for making me know those series

Second for RE: Zero. Definitely fantasy and with a twist that was weird and but they obeyed their own rules about it, def worth a watch!

I can't wait for the new season, I read the novel....

The rollercoaster keeps going!

I just watched episode 12 of Made in Abyss. The mystery keeps unravelling.

Also, episode 5 of Rokka no Yuusha. This series has a turn-based JRPG vibe to it. :D It felt like that in a battle sequence, where the characters kind of waited for their turn to attack the fiends. Plus, it's an anime, duh... As far as things go, I think I will concur with some of you and that I will hate that there's no second season... :-S

Blade Runner Black Out 2022 is a new and highly-anticipated animated short, directed by Cowboy Bebop’s Shinichiro Watanabe, which serves as a prologue for the upcoming feature film Blade Runner 2049and Crunchyroll and VRV are the first places you’ll get a chance to see it!

Blade Runner Black Out 2022 will be available first on Crunchyroll and VRV beginning on Tuesday 9/26 at 6:49am PST in regions worldwide except Asia.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/blade-ru...k-out-2022-blade-runner-black-out-2022-748417

Yesterday I watched the 12th episode of Rokka no Yuusha. Well, a few minutes ago I was set and ready to watch episode 13 and............

WHAT THE FUCK HOW COME THE PREVIOUS EPISODE WAS THE LAST ONE I THOUGHT IT WASN'T THE LAST ONE AND THIS HAS CAUGHT ME COMPLETELY OFF GUARD I FEEL BETRAYED AND TROLLED YOU DON'T DO THIS TO ME AGAIN YOU LISTEN TO ME YOU WON'T DO THAT AGAIN NOW WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENS WITH ADLET AND FLAMIE AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THE BUNNY GIRL WAS A FAKE I'M SURE THE ISSUE IS MORE COMPLEX AND THAT BUNNIES HAVE A GOOD REASON AND WILL BE GOOD AT THE END OF THE DAY BUT NOW COWS HAVE TAKEN OVER AND

OMG, that sucks... :(

Any new recommendations? Need more Anime in my life

Back