The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

I'm 7 episodes in and it's a lot better than Defenders ever was. Still, it's not quite up there with the first 2 seasons. The Cali cartel guys simply aren't as bat shit insane as Pablo Escobar was. It's impossible to follow up on a guy like that I guess.

I'm on Episode 8 of Narcos season 3. It's a good season but not quite as great as the first two. I too think it's because the Cali cartel isn't as bat-shit crazy as Pablo Escobar was. It's still a great show to binge watch over the Labor Day holiday weekend.

I'm glad I opted for Narcos instead of Defenders, mostly because I know I wont be left feeling disappointed over what could and should have been better in the show like the recent Marvel series.

Heard the other day that S2 of The Expanse is finally coming to netflix in europe. Can't quite remember when exactly, october maybe? *shrug*

Anyway, effing hell! Making us wait that long is effing insulting, not to mention unbelievably stupid. Just imagine how many europeans will have torrented the series instead of watching it legally because of this monstrous delay.

First world problems sure are a real pain in the rear end, eh? :p
Funny thing, I still torrent stuff that I could watch on Netflix just because I prefer using MPC to Netflix's stream player. Same with a lot of TV stuff even though I have TV service again, I just hate Xfinity's online streaming player.

Is that a greyer area legally speaking if I'm downloading content that I can legally watch? I've always sort of wondered about that. Not really cared or planning to change my habits, but I have occasionally at least wondered about it a bit.

Also my wife is FINALLY watching Breaking Bad and rewatching it just reminds me of how amazing it bloody was, and watching her get in to it is pure bliss. (She's a pharmacist, I KNEW she'd love the show!)

Funny thing, I still torrent stuff that I could watch on Netflix just because I prefer using MPC to Netflix's stream player. Same with a lot of TV stuff even though I have TV service again, I just hate Xfinity's online streaming player.

Is that a greyer area legally speaking if I'm downloading content that I can legally watch? I've always sort of wondered about that. Not really cared or planning to change my habits, but I have occasionally at least wondered about it a bit.

I once downloaded a Game of Thrones finale while out of the country. I've subscribed to HBO for years. I didn't have one single qualm about it.

Currently, I've been traveling overseas for a couple of weeks. I used VPN to log into HBO Go on my MacBook Pro and watched it. Yeah I could have waited until I got back home, watched it on the big screen but I didn't have to wait.

And HBO probably thinks I don't have the right to view their content from outside the country, even though my account is in good standing. Screw 'em.

I watched a whole bunch of Limitless, the series. It is mostly very light-hearted amusement, very much like a Robert Downey Jr Sherlock Holmes but a bit less over the top. It's very easy to watch and keep watching, so recommended.

I thought it was a shame when they opted to not renew the series, Limitless. I quite enjoyed it and they had likeable characters and enjoyable scenarios.

That's ok, I'll recommend Limitless too. It was sort of dumb, but a lot of fun and with some cool concepts. I was also bummed it wasn't continued for a second season. :(

Hmm, the show gave no indication that the Maesters at the Citadel were going to lobby to kill off the dragons.

Well, if I am right and this is part of the endgame, then it definitely is a major plot twist which has to be surprising for the viewers.
I mean everyone is still guessing about who's going to sit on the Iron Throne, whereas in my opinion it should be melted down and remade into plows :) And it's the same with the dragons, people expect them to live on, but the show has been giving a lot of hints about how they can't really be tamed and lived with.

So if there is such a big twist coming in the last season, then it makes all kinds of sense to depict the Archmaester as a grumpy old monk who only talks about everyday silliness. Also note that the character is played by an A-list actor (Jim Broadbent) which might suggest that he has something important left to do.

Nothing was stopping the dragons on Essos

Well, if the re-appearance of the dragons is connected to the general emergence of magic, then there are a lot of people on Essos who would probably want to keep it this way - the followers of R'hllor.
See, one of the more interesting elements in the book is the revelation that most of the "magic" from Milessandre was basically a bunch of trickery, smoke and mirrors, and even she was surprised when old practices started to work. Now this is in contrast to what happened in the show, I know - but it still tells a lot about what Martin is probably going for...

And it's the same with the dragons, people expect them to live on, but the show has been giving a lot of hints about how they can't really be tamed and lived with.
How would they even continue as a species beyond the 2 that are left? I guess they find more petrified eggs and hope some are viable?

How would they even continue as a species beyond the 2 that are left? I guess they find more petrified eggs and hope some are viable?
Unless dragon DNA is in humans, and when they find the right mate they start transforming into dragons so that they can reproduce more of their species. Some children being dragons, others being humons, human looking but carrying the DNA. So maybe now John and Dani will start showing some signs of transforming, maybe the eyes? Humons can reproduce with humans, some of their offspring get the DNA, others don't.

Maybe humons are the the second and third sex, and never fully look like dragons, they can just give birth to them. Now that Dani's body is being triggered by John's humon pheromones, she'll be able to conceive dragons. Maybe John's mother had the latent gene as well.

Ray Donovan on Showtime. Great series I discovered that is going into it's 5th season. Excellent casting for some really interesting characters, primarily about Ray and his brothers originally from Boston now living in L.A. with Ray's "job" as a problem solver for celebrities. Just finished the first season which is about their father getting out of jail early after 20 years and discovering all the events from the past that brought them to this point and how it all comes back to be addressed.

Anybody watching The Orville? I get a nice chuckle watching it. Will definitely keep it on my watch list.

Tommy McClain

Anybody watching The Orville? I get a nice chuckle watching it. Will definitely keep it on my watch list.

That's roughly my take on it as well; I'll watch if I have time, but it's nothing exceptional.

I haven't watched South Park in ages, but did catch episode 1 of the new season 21, White People Renovating Houses. It was amazeballs. The second episode was disappointing by comparison.

Tommy McClain
I wasn't really into the 1st episode but the 2nd was better. Definitely keep watching and I'm looking forward to what Seth does with it.

Impressive 3rd episode of The Orville. A really strong TNG vibe that doesn't take itself too seriously with Seth's influence, yet at the same time tackles sociopolitical issues. Some good laughs with Seth and the thoughful concepts of Brannon is a great combination.

I feel that a satirical humor sci-fi TV show is a bit like chocolate-licorice-honey-vanilla flavor toffee. Do ONE of these things; not everything all at once.

Noticed that Netflix is starting a Star Trek series ... cast is promising. Will be interesting to see where this goes ...

Back