Destiny 2

So far, I've gotten a few exotic items: two Titan chest armors (Alpha Lupi), Titan boots, two void pulse rifles (same one), and the Prospector grenade launcher. Also got a badass sparrow from a purple engram.

A lot better than D1, where I had to buy all my exotics.

On another note. I forgot how much neck and eye strain I get from console gaming.

Anyway, just from playing Public Events and the Weekly Strikes and watching others, it seems like Warlocks and Hunters are the best classes for offense.

I guess I should roll a Warlock, but I'm dreading the Campaign grind already.

Anyway, just from playing Public Events and the Weekly Strikes and watching others, it seems like Warlocks and Hunters are the best classes for offense.

I guess I should roll a Warlock, but I'm dreading the Campaign grind already.

Darn it...I wanted to roll the Warlock, but went Titan
Going to try Hunter once I have my Titan high enough for the Raid

Reactions: NRP
Ok so engrams don't scale up, they are fixed. Blue items continue to go up based on your power level, but once you hit around 265, they will always be ~5 points lower than your overall power level.

edit: oops meant to edit my older post but made a new post instead.

Last edited:
This game needs that HDR patch.
Almost every map in this game seems to be made with HDR in mind. It makes me reluctant to play it until the HDR patch comes out.

So far, I've gotten a few exotic items: two Titan chest armors (Alpha Lupi), Titan boots, two void pulse rifles (same one), and the Prospector grenade launcher. Also got a badass sparrow from a purple engram.

A lot better than D1, where I had to buy all my exotics.

On another note. I forgot how much neck and eye strain I get from console gaming.
got to be careful about your sick lean posture while couch gaming. lol. Same thing happened to me the other night.

whoa weird, I can't reply to a quoted reply lol.
@djskribbles : a lot of friends have been asking me how to handle holding onto 'powerful gear rewards' or not. Etc. Everyone is saying 'hold on to 265', but gear levels go up to 350. It's the first week of D2 and not Year 3 end game for D1. I was like, uhh, we're taking it too seriously for these new players. i just told them to hand it in. Level up and get to 265 quicker, and then afterwards let the game take you to 350 over time. It's just 1 week, if you can't get to 265 before tomorrow, I suggest to everyone to hand in as much as they can before it resets.

What's one week of unoptimized rewards with 1000 hrs played right ;)

whoa weird, I can't reply to a quoted reply lol.
@djskribbles : a lot of friends have been asking me how to handle holding onto 'powerful gear rewards' or not. Etc. Everyone is saying 'hold on to 265', but gear levels go up to 350. It's the first week of D2 and not Year 3 end game for D1. I was like, uhh, we're taking it too seriously for these new players. i just told them to hand it in. Level up and get to 265 quicker, and then afterwards let the game take you to 350 over time. It's just 1 week, if you can't get to 265 before tomorrow, I suggest to everyone to hand in as much as they can before it resets.

What's one week of unoptimized rewards with 1000 hrs played right ;)
Oops, I meant to edit my old post but instead quoted and replied to myself. Posted right before bed.

Heh, my group is hardcore, we try to go for max level ASAP. :LOL:
Not only to be raid ready, but we also all play Trials where power level matters.

Sure if your goal is just to be 'raid ready' as soon as possible, handing in those power gear rewards will definitely do that much faster than grinding and leveling up inch by inch. Just know that there are fairly limited ways to get 'power gear' and if you want to be the highest level possible, it's better to hold onto them until you're ~265.

There are also a few exotic weapon quests you can do that reward you with multiple high level weapons (Mida Multi Tool, Sturm, Rat King). Each one of those exotic weapons also gives you a high level legendary weapon during the quest. I find that these weapons will be ~10-15 levels higher than your overall power level.

I didn't efficiently level my Warlock (plus I had poor RNG) so he's stuck at 274 and the only way I could go higher is doing public events and hope for exotic drops.

I started a second character (Titan) holding onto my power gear rewards and I got him up to 281 and I still have to do a nightfall and exotic weapon quests. The other people in my group already have multiple characters over 280, one is nearly 290.

Last edited:
Oops, I meant to edit my old post but instead quoted and replied to myself. Posted right before bed.

Heh, my group is hardcore, we try to go for max level ASAP. :LOL:

Sure if your goal is just to be 'raid ready' as soon as possible, handing in those power gear rewards will definitely do that much faster than grinding and leveling up inch by inch. Just know that there are fairly limited ways to get 'power gear' and if you want to be the highest level possible, it's better to hold onto them until you're ~265.

There are also a few exotic weapon quests you can do that reward you with multiple high level weapons (Mida Multi Tool, Sturm, Rat King). Each one of those exotic weapons also gives you a high level legendary weapon during the quest. I find that these weapons will be ~10-15 levels higher than your overall power level.

I didn't efficiently level my Warlock (plus I had poor RNG) so he's stuck at 274 and the only way I could go higher is doing public events and hope for exotic drops.
I started a second character holding onto my power gear rewards and I got him up to 281. The other people in my group already have multiple characters over 280, one is nearly 290.
I'm stuck at 265+ this week I'm sure ;) I'll have to wait for the refresh for this week.

I'm stuck at 265+ this week I'm sure ;) I'll have to wait for the refresh for this week.
Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure you'll be high enough to be effective in the raid.

Another thing about going for max power that I added in my edit is that my group also plays Trials where power level does matter, so that's just another reason why we always go for max power ASAP. Trials starts a few days after the raid.

Also some other things I wanted to post is that once you get to 280+ you can start crafting purple mods. These purple mods can add +5 attack/defense to weapons/armor which essentially boosts the level of them by 5 points. This is somewhere you can spend your glimmer on (which is probably nearly full after playing for a long time). You can buy random blue mods from the gunsmith and use them craft purple mods.

Also about infusing: as mentioned above, you can apply mods to weapons/armor, but you can also get armor/weapons to drop with purple mods already applied to them. Keep a look out for these as they basically add a free +5. Some legendary weapons/armor have them, but ALL exotics have them.

Know that when you infuse something that has a purple mod that boosts the attack/defense that you will only get the base stat (so minus the +5 mod). For example, if I had a 270 legendary or exotic with a +5 mod on it and wanted to infuse it with a 250 item, it would only go up to 265. But if you had a 250 exotic or legendary with a +5 mod on it and infused it with a 260, it would go up to 265.

Also keep in mind that mods cannot be removed and placed on another weapon/armor piece... once a mod is applied, it is stuck there, so be sure when you're applying mods.

One thing I REALLY dislike about the infuse system is that you can now only infuse weapons of the same type (ie hand cannons with hand cannons, pulse rifles with pulse rifles etc.,). And I think you can't infuse other class armor pieces (ie Warlock armor with Hunter armor).

Last edited:
I'm only 269. Haven't completed the nightfall yet which gives essentially double rewards (nightfall and milestone). I dunno, guessing that will push me to 273 or something.

It aint easy when you gotta LFG this schiz.

Have only done the EDZ planetary mission and no exotic weapon quests either (Rat King will be a bastard with LFG as well).

It's already easy to see a 2nd char would help a TON, since you could double dip milestones. I dunno though, overall I'm making a concerted effort to chill on D2, it's not as compelling either so I find it easier to lighten up. So I'm not just gonna go insane trying to level, not that worried about it.

I've found in the new, boring crucible, scouts can actually be fairly effective. Seems people will try to take you on at long range with their AR's or pulses and just die.

I wish I could figure out why crucible is so much less compelling now. I guess it's just all the little things adding up. I keep thinking it's something about the sound and graphic effects when you shoot somebody, it seems muddy and not precise.

It's all teamshotting only. I wonder if Bungie will decided that isn't good and try to up power some. Personally I think crucible is just designed one way and they can only tweak it, not make wholesale changes. So I think they are stuck in this teamshot meta for all D2.

Another helpful "tip" is apparently blues drop 8 below. I know cus having just hit 269, my blues started coming at 261 instead of 260. If you have gear with plus 5 mods, this can be helpful to shore up some weak areas with blues.

I have almost no +5 mods, they just dont drop for me (except on gear of course). I've had 2 for days, and they are arms/cloak, which slots already have +5 mods.

Did the NF on the100 with a no-mic group and expected the worst. But finished it with just one run and I only ran that strike once before.

Got a shabby HC:) and some Class mark(useful for LL).

From a loot perspective this game will be really shallow very quickly due fixed rolls.

Edit: I'm 274 at the moment.

Last edited:
Did the Mida quest, it dropped a whopping 286. 274 power now at the end of the day. Guess I'm raid ready if Bungie claims 260-280 is raid level. Would love to get to 280 so I can purchase legendary mods, that should send me through the roof as almost nothing I have on has mods (besides exotics). I cant get any to drop.

Not sure how much I'll really do the raid 1st week, but whatevs.

Just have 2 planetary quests left for non weekly powerful gear.

And the "Sturm" quest (tough part will be waiting for an exotic engram, everything else done) and The Rat King (not bullish on being able to do this with LFG anytime soon, so, not counting on it)

Whats weird is I realized blues drop exactly 8 lower, right? But sometimes I see they drop 7 lower. which means the game THINKS I am 1 "power" higher than I am. Now, I understand it only takes into account one exotic weapon and one exotic armor to calculate your level. Sometimes this explain the discrepancy, but sometimes even accounting that it "thinks" I'm 1 higher level than I am. Weird.

Edit: Could have to do with combinations of equipment in my vault and possible mods possibly kicking me one point higher than I'm aware I'm capable of, now that I think of it. Maybe.

I've been critical of the game but I will say it feels a lot more streamlined. There aren't 70,000 useless quests. While stuff like that is a double edged sword, the simplicity can be a big positive. I dont feel like I have tons to do before the raid or anything. Same with grimoire, while you could argue removing it robs depth, it also leaves me feeling a lot more free to just play the game.

Lets see tomorrow I can do:

Nightfall, +1-2
Crucible thingy +1-2
Sturm quest +1-2 (lower end since I have a 286 primary!)
Possibly Rat King quest (doubt it!)
Planetary quests, 2 remaining quests (2-4)
Flashpoint 1-2

Should be 280-286

Then +1-3 more for getting access to gunsmith mods...

So tomorrow's target should be 281, to 289 best case! Lets see how accurate my prediction is...

Last edited:
274 after the nightfall. didn't get much impressive stuff from Nightfall, just went from 272 to 274 . The clan personal contribution reward was more rewarding. The NF did take a few tries but watching correct burns melting stuff was pretty magical !

Back