Destiny 2

I made it from 228 to 246 today in like 4 hours I think. Sped up a bit.

Hopefully my excuse is I'm leveling slower because I am not cashing in any nightfall, power gear quests, flashpoint, exotic quests, anything! Yet. Those could probably kick me up a good bit now at the cost of progress later.

I'm going to have to do the Nightfall and Flashpoint Monday anyway. But I'm going to try and get 260+ I guess first.

Now have to take some time off. Next chance at extended playtime is Monday!

Don't hand in power gear quests or do nightfall until you're 260; this is the level that blue engrams cap off at.

Once you beat the campaign, I find the best way to level up is to just patrol, do adventures or public events etc., to level up factions and get legendary engrams. Doing this also gives you a lot of armor/weapons to break down to quickly level up your gunsmith to give you more legendary engrams.

Don't hand in power gear quests or do nightfall until you're 260; this is the level that blue engrams cap off at.

Once you beat the campaign, I find the best way to level up is to just patrol, do adventures or public events etc., to level up factions and get legendary engrams. Doing this also gives you a lot of armor/weapons to break down to quickly level up your gunsmith to give you more legendary engrams.
There's that ghost that provides Arc telemetry for kills for the gunsmith. Any idea how effective this perk is?

251 now. Time to turn it off for a while...

I was a little confused about some of this, this was helpful https://www.vg247.com/2017/09/07/de...-lost-sectors-milestones-challenges-and-more/

For example, it helped me realize Call to Arms is equivalent to Shaxx's old weekly PVP bounty.

At this point since I wont be able to play again (much, probably) until Monday, I'm probably gonna be pretty pressed for time to advance past 260 in time to do the flashpoint/Nightfall.

In fact the reddit guide says you should use legendaries+mods to go from 260>270, THEN do the weeklies etc. That sounds extremely time consuming just for that 10 power! I may try to get 260 before doing the weeklies as a compromise.

The gunsmith rank up packages present a bit of a conundrum. I've tried to keep every single legendary weapon (if not armor as well, although not as strict there, I dont love dismantling legendary armor either) I've gotten since you never know what could end up to be meta in the crucible. If there even is a meta in this plodding, wrapped in gauze crucible.

But yet you can rank up more quickly by dismantling more of your stuff! It's hoarding urge vs rank up urge. Never like it when the game presents conundrums like that, seems like bad design.

Last edited:
Does the nightfall runs in a new map or the same as normal strike? Does it have unique mechanic/elements added?

Any idea what the heck is Flashpoint and where I can access it?

There's that ghost that provides Arc telemetry for kills for the gunsmith. Any idea how effective this perk is?
Not sure tbh, still learning stuff too. :D
Does the nightfall runs in a new map or the same as normal strike? Does it have unique mechanic/elements added?

I haven't run the nightfall yet, will probably tonight.

Also not sure when/how I got the flashpoint, but it's like a quest and you have to do a series of tasks.

Sorry not much help. :LOL:

I'm same way with flashpoint LOL. Dont know how I got it.

Beating the campaign opens up a lot (after visiting all the NPC's) so maybe that was it.

I think all you have to do this week is beat 5 PE's on EDZ (once Flashpoint is in your milestones sidebar I guess). 99% sure I heard that. I've done four.

I got it after I handed in my first set of patrol quests.

Change of plans, off today. time for about 12 hours of grinding!

I'm 259 now. Pretty confused about how leveling from 260-270 works though.

I dont want to just level that through milestones, since it seems like it will burn up some potential after 270...

The +5 mods, I only have 2 after all this time, both from armor no weapons. How do you get those? I should have more.

If I could plus 5 every legendary slot yeah, that'd be a nice boost.

Once I hit 280 you can buy from gunsmith, but that's a long way off probably.

I'm obviously out of the loop, but why the mad rush to.level up as quickly as possible? To be max possible level for the raid?

Just to correct myself, blue items can drop up to 262. Regular legendaries can drop up to 265. Luminous legendary and exotic engrams can go higher than 265. Also, your luminous and exotic engrams will continue to scale with your power level as long as you keep them, so it might be a good idea to hold onto them until you've kind of reached a slow point in your leveling.

A good way to farm for exotic engrams seems to be farming heroic public events. These are triggered by doing certain things during the event (ie destroying those 3 little machines during the glimmer farm PE, holding 3 plates during the vex sacrifice PE etc.)

So basically I think the best way to level up is:
-Beat the campaign
-Patrol and do public events (preferably heroic), patrols, high value targets etc., to get faction rep/packages, while also leveling up your gunsmith and getting packages there.
-If you have any missions for Powerful Gear, or you have luminous/exotic engrams, try to save them until you're around 260-270 power.
-Once you've reached 260-270, you might want to start doing nightfalls and decrypting your engrams.

Being part of a clan is also very useful. Completing weekly tasks like win a crucible match, completing the nightfall etc., will reward all clan members a legendary engram for each task. If you complete your weekly contributions to the clan (5000xp) you're also rewarded with a luminous engram, and I believe you can do this per character. So if that's the case, that's basically 3 guaranteed luminous engrams per week if you have 3 characters.

Last edited:
You can no longer save engrams so it's pointless to save them. As soon as they drop they are level hard coded. Encrypted engrams count towards your light level when new items drop.

Whats a luminous Engram!!??

I did the flashpoint and pretty sure I didn't get one. I'm beginning to suspect I simply missed a loot chest on the ground after the PE or something. All I did was go to Cayde and I think I got like an exotic and a legendary. Unless I'm missing something.

I was trying to save milestones to 270 per the reddit guidelines, but it seemed like it was going to take way too long. Mods just weren't dropping for me. Finally at 264 I decided screw it, I'm doing the milestones now. So far I've just done the flashpoint and that got me 266 although I kinda screwed that up (I had 275 exotic boots drop, but they had a +5 mod, and I infused them into a legendary, which ended up only 270. Oops).

Running a scout and a submachine gun makes me a little more comfortable in crucible. It's nice to get high enough to start to get familiar with some legendaries. I cant wait to get my baby Mida back and Mida mini, I get killed a lot by mida mini already. Gotta hold of on that til next week though, the weeklies take priority.

I think another thing though is I'm gonna miss 6v6 where you can get a lot of kills just playing around. 4v4 is basically sweaty, more similar to 3v3 than 6v6. Everybody just hangs out together like crazy because it's the only thing that works.

I'm convinced Bungie did the 4v4 only thing because of all the bitching about lag. With fewer players I'm sure they felt they can manage worst case lag better. Whiners ruining the game as usual. The lag was never as bad as the complaints made it out in D1 either.

Last edited:
OK, new nightfall is hard. Even harder than I expected.

Took it on with a team that seemed decent players, and all 265-270, still didn't really get close. Boss still had half health when time ran out.

Time to look up some youtube guides...

Also in crucible, a pulse called nightshade seems really good. Not sure if that was the same one in beta, cant remember.

Edit: 5 seconds into youtube I learn what prism modifier is, LOL.

You can no longer save engrams so it's pointless to save them. As soon as they drop they are level hard coded. Encrypted engrams count towards your light level when new items drop.
Yeah certain engrams scale but i,m not sure which.

Also blue engrams can deceypt higher than 262, it depends on your power level.

268 now. What can I do other than Nightfall to progress? Got my clan contribution engram too and the Flashpoint reward too. Dont see myself finding a group and time for Nightfall though. Maybe I should start another character.

Also, have to say the volumtric lighting everywhere plus PBR materials look so so so so damn pretty in Destiny 2 ! This game is BEAUTIFUL ! :love: So many times when I just realise how beautiful it is and just stop !

Back