Destiny 2

how long is your average game session?
Can you get anything meaningful done in 20/30 minutes?

So I got to lvl 20 and finished the campaign in my Titan. Anyone know how to unlock the subclass? I hope it's not some stupid random grind.

I dunno they just dropped for me. i think on public events.I really cant even remember. Youtubes should tell you.

They're mostly leveled for us now and whats left goes quicker, overall it's far less of a grind getting all 3 subclasses up and running than D1.

Ok, current best leveling techniques that I know of, per KackisHD/my own experience.

You want to focus on a planet. Just not EDZ because this week it's the flashpoint and you want to save that for post 260 because it's one of the few activities that drops 260+.

Just do public events, patrols, treasure chests (or whatever they're called now), materials, and lost sectors on your chosen planet. The goal is to get as many planetary tokens/mats as possible, and level up through your planetary faction packages, as well as just from all the stuff that's gonna drop from those activities.

I was just doing PE's prior. It definitely makes sense to add in easy patrols (the kill all enemies or sometimes, enemy-drops-something ones, and chests, and mats, while you're doing PE's. Buy a bunch of those consumables that shows you chests locations. they actually work well now unlike D1's keen scout etc which was buggy.

Now I'm not as sure on Lost Sectors, simply because I'm not sure they're worth the time to find (with a internet guide). The one I looted so far gave me two blues. Debatable. Maybe they often give legendary's which would change the equation.

Also sometimes the triangle icon "kill certain enemy who drops something" patrols are being pretty annoying to me, in finding that certain enemy. I'm kinda debating if some of those are worth it too. Over simply chasing PE's. I def think the "kill stuff" patrols, mats, and chests while doing PE's are worth it. Oh also, converting the PE's to heroic is always a goal.

You want to save Nightfall, planetary quests, the flashpoint, exotic quests, and any quest that promises "powerful gear" for post 260.

Even following the above it's been a pretty slow grind for me. I'm only 228 so far. Hopefully will speed up once I get a rhythm down.

I'm personally questioning whether it's worth it to me to save the EDZ flashpoint, because I know that planet a lot better. I moved to Nessus so I dont lose the flashpoint, but now there's a learning curve of the PE locations and getting around, etc, slowing me down. Further, it's not looking necessarily to me like I'll be hitting 260+ with much/any time to spare this week anyway, making saving the flashpoint possibly moot.

I dont know how these like, Twitch streamers level so fast. They were worried about post 260 tactics like, yesterday. I guess it probably helps to have crack fireteam. And also it is their job. Still.

Last edited:
My coop friends nagged me to death until I bought this thing.
65€, sheeesh...
At least I got a poster and a chibi statue of some robot character with it.

Purposely not reading anything in this thread to try to not spoil things, Rangers particularly :)

My thoughts now that I hit level 20 with one char and 15 with another. I have not finished the story.

• I like the open world stuff. The public events specifically.
  • The story is good, they contrived a good way to reset the universe and make you crawl back up.
  • Some of the humor is cringy, it sounds like Borderlands at times.
  • The open worlds are too large without a sparrow - and barren for the most part. Did they run out of time?
  • Fast travel is great, but some places are too far from fast travel spots.
  • Weapons and classes seem simplified, I hope it is not too simple.
  • From what I heard they ruined shaders to make micro transactions. Great...
  • I'm not sure I like 4v4 PvP. Seems to intimate for my skill.
  • Where is my damn sparrow? Probably a story reward.
  • They re-used a lot of assets; models, textures, AI, etc. I think maybe 20% of the game is new.
  • Overall it feels like a streamlined rebooted Destiny 1. They corrected and re-balanced all the stuff that made their life hard and made us pay $60 for it.
  • I hope they don't hide too much of the end game in hard to reach stuff like raids. Getting six people to gather without match making and using voice is not trivial for casual people.
  • Is the engine new? It does not look much different. I guess things are "bigger" since they don't have to support PS360. But running around is not fun, things can get far apart.
Of course I'm back on the treadmill, I was just hoping for something that didn't look and feel just like D1. I guess you can't change the game too much, but another class would have been nice.

It's like people watch this game like hawks for the slightest microtransaction meanwhile every other game gets away with murder. No! We had a thread on gaf for a COSMETIC. Shaders. ITS A COSMETIC. And I'm sure they're beyond easy as hell to get free, of course. I honestly dont even care, because i havent used one shader. That's how irrelevant they are. Maybe I'll care in endgame then be able to comment a little, but i think I've already got 7000 shaders stacked up free.
Not sure why you're getting so worked up. You're not obligated to defend that part of the game just because you enjoy the rest of the game. I'm also not sure why you're focusing on cosmetic shaders, since that's obviously nothing to do with "pay 2 win". You don't seem to be aware of all the upgrades you can get from the engrams?

What about the strikes? Are those a random drop too?

I don't want to get all negative here, but having to jump through random hoops is not fun.

Edit:
Could it be possible the subclass shard is somewhere in my inventory? Or do you prompted with instructions when you get it?

Last edited:
I"m pretty sure I finished the story. Still didn"t get a sparrow.
In the 'town', make sure you talk to everyone. Complete all the 'talk to X person' quests, and receive your rewards. You should get one.

I don't want to get all negative here, but having to jump through random hoops is not fun.

Edit:
Could it be possible the subclass shard is somewhere in my inventory? Or do you prompted with instructions when you get it?
subclass shards are provided by loot chests. If you do enough public events, kill named creatures, or find loot chests, you will eventually get those subclass shards.
The subclass shard would reside where your actual sub classes would reside. You can see your subclass shard in the inventory screen by the 'class'. When you complete the subclass shard, it becomes the subclass, if it's incomplete it stays a shard.

Reactions: NRP
After you finish the game, talk to Zavala, he will unlock 'strikes' for you. It becomes a place on the 'world map' to just select and queue for.

Reactions: NRP
  • The open worlds are too large without a sparrow - and barren for the most part. Did they run out of time?
The opposite actually, once u get into it there is so much crammed into those worlds its amazing ! Especially Nessus(what I have explored th emost), so many hidden places which arent visible on first glance.

I wonder what the end game will be like, but right now its too much stuff to do, more than u require for levelling up. I am 250 now and havent even touched IO or EDZ stuff yet ! And the strikes, havvent even gone for that yet !

The opposite actually, once u get into it there is so much crammed into those worlds its amazing ! Especially Nessus(what I have explored th emost), so many hidden places which arent visible on first glance.

I wonder what the end game will be like, but right now its too much stuff to do, more than u require for levelling up. I am 250 now and havent even touched IO or EDZ stuff yet ! And the strikes, havvent even gone for that yet !
Im 217 and completely overwhelmed.

this game is a lot better than D1, in almost every single imaginable way. I've read some people of getting crashes etc, man, that really sucks. Hope everyone that really wants to play D2 gets the opportunity to.

I've seen all the zones, some just have huge areas of nothing. It's like the aimed for sheer size but lacked content. Some areas are very active though. Like I said, maybe they ran out of time.

So far, D2 feels almost exactly like D1 to me. Except that the traveling is a bit more convoluted than before.

Not sure why you're getting so worked up. You're not obligated to defend that part of the game just because you enjoy the rest of the game. I'm also not sure why you're focusing on cosmetic shaders, since that's obviously nothing to do with "pay 2 win". You don't seem to be aware of all the upgrades you can get from the engrams?

Like what? The bright engrams? I dont wanna watch a longass youtube...

I'll speak better to it when I'm endgame but, if it's par for Destiny course you will get tons of them free.

I am leveling furiously right now, no micro transaction comes into play at all.

If it did all the streamers and youtubers who are power leveling for the raid would be doing it. I haven't seen that in any video or comments.

I'm guessing you are talking about the little weapon mods? I'm not too familiar with them, I'll look into them at endgame. I think some give +5 power, but if it's a one time +5 it's not a big deal, and also I think it doesn't play into the leveling system (could be wrong).

They seem very ancillary at best from what I know so far.

Also Bungie is very good about giving you lots of free stuff anyway. I've gotten lots of free bright engrams already (the microtransaction ones). I dont care at all anyway since they dont level you.

It's funny like the shaders, I already have like 120 shaders and I havent used any. I'm drowning in free shaders.

Back