Destiny 2

Dammit, I decided to go for the PC version because I got it for 22 euros (Nvidia key). The wait is pretty hard though, especially with all these good impressions :|

I'm thinking of renting the game to check it out on Ps4 Pro but that'll only make things harder :LOL:

Or just.... wait? I've never understood the propensity to get worked up about early access or timezone releases. It's not as though someone 10 levels higher than you when you start the game is going to make any difference a couple of weeks from now. Unless you're only planning on playing the game for a week.

Or just.... wait? I've never understood the propensity to get worked up about early access or timezone releases. It's not as though someone 10 levels higher than you when you start the game is going to make any difference a couple of weeks from now. Unless you're only planning on playing the game for a week.

Yeah waiting is the most logical thing to do :)

How long do PC gamers have to wait?

Anyway, waiting sucks. I say go for simultaneous release for all platforms. And let console and PC players play together, at least for PvE. Bungle used to be an innovator, so I always hoped they'd pull this off, now that they're a multiplatform dev.

Anyway, waiting sucks. I say go for simultaneous release for all platforms. And let console and PC players play together, at least for PvE. Bungle used to be an innovator, so I always hoped they'd pull this off, now that they're a multiplatform dev.

PC release is 24 of October, so more than a month.

Played for the whole day today, I am Level 13 with power around 150 I think.

All the things in Patrol are well in context now and are no more fillers, Lost sectors , adventures, public events, patrols all feel like they belong int eh right place now.
Campaign has rough edges when it comes to cutscenes and otherwise too, some of them are very abrupt and I was left scratching my head. I am the FURY mission in th ecampaign , havent finished it yet.

The part that I like the most is that even though it is familiar it feels different from playing D1 and that is its biggest achievement for me presonally. I was afraid that it would feel the same but it doesnt. Also all planets have their own level design style making them all feel like their owwn thing unlike D1 where all planets differed only in colours with the same design philosophy. Here its different for each planet.

GFX are too beautiful sometimes, too beautiful ! Lighting is really pretty. Enjoying my time currently and enjyogin the progression too. If anything there is quite a LOT of loot.

Strikes havent even unlocked yet and there is a lot of meat to the game already.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm one of the biggest Destiny fans here, but this game has far exceeded my expectations so far (only level 11 right now). Almost every element of the PVE has been significantly improved, from the story telling/cinematics, character development, characters themselves, flow of the campaign and level design. Even public events are a lot better.

My only complaints so far are that I REALLY miss my sparrow when patrolling. Also I think the subclass skill tree is a little TOO simplified.

Just finished campaign, level 20 etc.

It's weird how I'm opposite most, I still feel like it just doesn't capture that Destiny 1 magic. Especially in crucible.

They also made a lot of things seemingly stupidly annoyingly complex now, like the whole menu system with "map" and destinations. Nobody else is constantly pulling up the wrong one? I cant believe that.

And all the weapon mods stuff I still havent wrapped my head around or even tried. But I'm only 205 power. Or 203 something like that.

Then you seem to get all kinds of junk in your inventory screen that's just stupid useless as far as I can tell.

The story is annoying and who cares, like every video game story basically. At least they didn't go Halo and get about 5000 times too complex. Some cutscenes with Gaul are good though, he's so menacing.

Thing is for the most part I've been playing fairly nonstop other than like 8 hours sleep, yet the whole time almost everybody I encounter is WAY ahead of me. Like level 15 when I was 9, and so on. How are people doing it? It's annoying.

Anyways like I said I feel like the game is way needlessly complex as far as travel and systems now.

Also, they throw all enemies at you all the time in campaign, like here's 10 fallen now here's 10 Cabal 20 yards farther. It's just dumb. And we really had to shoot Taken AGAIN too?

Also I already got like 6 exotics by end of campaign, stupid easy. This is nothing like vanilla Destiny.

And the leveling system (which is carried over from the end of D2) is not hard or fun really, just sloggy grindy, you cant mess it up...I'm not sure it's better than past systems, maybe worse in many ways.

Also the new weapons system, fail to see why either. You get 2 primaries, and all the primaries seem way too similar now. They've all kinda muddled together. You have tons less weapon variety, since you dont really carry a sniper or shotgun to use a lot. It feels so weird. A lot of the power weapons are practically useless, Snipers are useless in D2 PVE that I can tell. So are shotguns a lot. So if you have one of those you just have a useless slot and no variety at all. They give you almost no reserve power ammo, so you barely get to use your power weapon anyway.

Some of this could open up in endgame a little bit to be fair.

Hunter GG and Arcblade feel slow as hell now, both. Weapon sounds seem extremely weak, not punchy.

Then we have the dumbed out subclass system.

Scout are garbage in PVE now as well that I can tell. They dont do NEARLY enough better than a AR/Pulse/HC at long range to make up their suckiness up close any more. Naturally my fave weapon, destroyed.

Graphics are much better, amazing, as good as linear single player games many times. But all the outdoor environments feel dank and wet.

I've been seeing Mida Multi Tool (D2 version) guides making the rounds on YT/Reddit. Even that little slice of joy will likely be nerfed cus hey guess what, that I can tell scouts are complete trash now. Yay.

Also good grief people shaders are COSMETIC. That's supposed to be the dividing line between good and bad micros. I dont care much either way but geez, destiny people.

Also remember the Destiny (any MMO probably) cycle>>new content>>people adore it>>>eventually, people hate it. Wait for it. If my feelings are anywhere close to correct it's gonna turn extra bad on D2...

The campaign really felt like a slog. I'm just dreading the thought of doing it on other subclasses. Honestly I will buy a booster if they have them or something, or just go only hunter (even though Bungie will nerf it into a coffin). Dont get me wrong it did have it's really fun moments. A LOT of the missions feel WAY too long. One strike timed at 32 minutes???

I feel like it's like 60% less fun than Destiny, but that still makes it like 50% more fun than other games, so I'm still likely to play a LOT, but like I said the magic is kinda gone. At least for now i can always change my mind.

Somewhat to be expected I suppose. You cant revisit the original.

Last edited:
Completed the campaign, and a few strikes, and many adventures

- the story doesnt made any more sense than the typical D1 story despite there's TONS of dialogue (heck, the main premise with "losing and regaining light" is ridiculously hand-waved.
- the gameplay felt sluggish (warlock)
- many backtracking
- cluttered map
- cant see friend's positino on map
- cant directly teleport to friend (need to quit fireteam, join fireteam)

+ less invsible barriers
+ big levels
+ many activity
+ shortcuts to accomodate backtracking
+ Various destiny 1 "speedrun" stricks till works!!! :D

Also good grief people shaders are COSMETIC. That's supposed to be the dividing line between good and bad micros. I dont care much either way but geez, destiny people.
Looks like they've gone much farther with micro transactions, gambling and pay-to-win with D2. I think Activision just said fuck it, we just don't give a shit. People will throw bucket loads of money at us, cause D2.

Looks like they've gone much farther with micro transactions, gambling and pay-to-win with D2. I think Activision just said fuck it, we just don't give a shit. People will throw bucket loads of money at us, cause D2.

it is gambling right? i mean, its a loot box. you cant buy what you want, you must "gamble" it.

Japan have rather strict law about these kind of things, so i wonder how it is in JP.

My country also have really strict law for gambling, plus a forbidden aspect from religion, but gambling in my country happens all the time, casually, openly. The gamers i met have no real problem with the way eververse works, but they do feel its annoying (the consumabe aspect of shaders)

Problem might simply be that another studio is helping with the PC port, so there's a natural time lag between Bungle gold and Vicarious Visions Gold, and ActiBungleVision-Blizzard would rather release it to impatient console plebs when its done (more likely not release close to the you-know-what-in-November).

Can't wait for another exposé telling us how they will have needed to bring Blizzard back to their offices to get them to explain how Bungle is still doing it wrong, and how Blizzard dealt with dyes between Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls.

Last edited:
I am living the game. Nessus itself is so vast and full of "places" and the adventures are so good. Some even better than story missions.
The open world stuff is much more interesting than everything else and the content seems so much that I am overwhelmed.
Also quests and stuff everywhere I go !

Like it! :)
ec00cad05e95204926f6ab0da2478b66.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

I can only speak for warlock so far, as i'ts all I've played.

I find the void walker subclass is pretty good. You use the grenade devour ability. you have 9 seconds to kill something, when you kill it, it devours, (thus recharging your shields), and then resets the timer to 9 seconds for the next kill. The craziest part is the skill synergy with grenades getting recharged faster with each void kill (which devour counts as one). So usually during a big fight of mobs, you have your grenade back up in seconds.

There are 2 ways to access devour, the first is to hold the grenade down long enough to devour the grenade, the second is to melee kill.

Day 2: It's fun and I'm enjoying it.

My main issue lies with PVP which I still have. And when all the PVE is done PVP is the core of the game. But PVE is still pretty good.

"Power level" grinding. Datto's vid says do public events (or whatever you want, but maybe PEs are a little faster, I think so that I can tell). So I am. 211 so far, the grind is slow.

You get usually about two blue per PE (still figuring out this heroic stuff). And they're WAYYY faster than these ridiculous long strikes, which seem to reward maybe about the same.

Datto also said avoid "powerful gear" missions, nightfall, until post 260. So I'm doing that too.

At least there aren't annoying Ghost/class item chokepoints anymore.

I dont even know how the mod stuff really works yet, since it seems to cause confusion with leveling I'm avoiding any +5 mods.

I can only speak for warlock so far, as i'ts all I've played.

I find the void walker subclass is pretty good. You use the grenade devour ability. you have 9 seconds to kill something, when you kill it, it devours, (thus recharging your shields), and then resets the timer to 9 seconds for the next kill. The craziest part is the skill synergy with grenades getting recharged faster with each void kill (which devour counts as one). So usually during a big fight of mobs, you have your grenade back up in seconds.

There are 2 ways to access devour, the first is to hold the grenade down long enough to devour the grenade, the second is to melee kill.
Yup, dvour subtree is unlimited health n PvE.

Since yesterday I have started playing the Stormtrance class and you get a Bot sphere (called Arc soul) when u create a rift and thats pretty handy too. Any ally that passes through your rift also get a the arc soul (It shoots enemies for you and follows you). We were three guardians with three arc souls in the strikes last night. pretty cool.

As a solo player, yes, Devour is super powerful to stay alive.

I have only one complaint: The game is easier than D1. In D1 I used to die a lot in strikes, here its a breeze everywhere I go. I dont know why Bungie would do that, maybe to get the COD players in, but it makes the game that much less exciting. I wantmy difficulty back.
OTOH, it also means it can be played solo right from the start and feels like a normal game where you arent handicapped for not having Destiny friends. Lets see how this evolves.

How so? I dont see any of that. Name names...

I dont even feel a slight urge to buy anything microtransaction. It's DEFINITELY NOT pay 2 win either. Prove it (you cant since it isn't) or stop that. That was a lazy comment.

It's like people watch this game like hawks for the slightest microtransaction meanwhile every other game gets away with murder. No! We had a thread on gaf for a COSMETIC. Shaders. ITS A COSMETIC. And I'm sure they're beyond easy as hell to get free, of course. I honestly dont even care, because i havent used one shader. That's how irrelevant they are. Maybe I'll care in endgame then be able to comment a little, but i think I've already got 7000 shaders stacked up free.

I play this game like a nut and I have not had one thought yet of buying a Microtransaction in D2.

Also, they made the subclass way easier to level, which was a big thing people thought was gonna be a micro transaction hook.

Anyways this game cost a lot of money (look at it) and $60 aint gonna cover it. Unless you wanna pay $90 for games let them have their cosmetic microtransactions and let people enjoy buying them. Hell it helps me cause I dont by and large buy them. I just get the best value in entertainment.

So I got to lvl 20 and finished the campaign in my Titan. Anyone know how to unlock the subclass? I hope it's not some stupid random grind.

Back