Your top five games that everyone loved but you were "meh" or "WTF is this $h*#. (overrated)

Killzone 2. God damn those controls and script. If repeating "shit" and "fuck" were the main criteria for an Oscar, this would have it
MGS 4: When is what happens when a gamer pretends to be a hollywood director and makes a long boring mess of it
N+: Overhyped boring game on Xbox Live because it had an artsy element to it
Banjo: A poor mans Mario. Not fun in every way. Compared to Mario, it's like buying a 300 and pretending it's a Rolls Royce
Heroes of the Storm: How to make a Moba boring in record time and treat your players as if they barely have the mental capacity to know their own name

Killzone 2. God damn those controls and script. If repeating "shit" and "fuck" were the main criteria for an Oscar, this would have it

I bought all of those games this past year or two on my play-all-exclusives adventure and none of them kept my attention for more than a few hours. So linear and so much hand holding. And yup loads of ridiculous macho energy that a good AAA shooter just can't be without if it wants to sell to a certain large (15-25 yr old?) segment of the population.

Last edited:
I bought all of those games this past year or two on my play-all-exclusives adventure and none of them kept my attention for more than a few hours. So linear and so much hand holding. And yup loads of ridiculous macho energy that a good AAA shooter just can't be without if it wants to sell to a certain large segment of the population.
I loved so many things about Killzone 2 but oh God the macho dialogue and cheesy lines (its war you dumb fucks, it is not a paintball game) and especially Rico's almost made me hate the game.
What have they been thinking? Didnt they get some cues from the infamous CG movie?

Killzone 2 was a steaming turd, but I don't know if it was really widely loved the same way the other games in this thread are.
I suppose it garnered a lot of attention for the visuals. As you say, though, no-one considered it a darling title. It was, at best, a fun shooter with great visuals and nothing stand-out.

I recently played Killzone 2 with my cousin, who's an Iraq War vet and spent most of his time outside the wire. He said they pretty much nailed the dialog. And yes, he was referring specifically to Natko's incessant chatter about Garza's mom, so...

Anyway, my top five:

1. Uncharted. These games are very boring. The puzzles aren't really puzzles. The "platforming" is little more than "press forward to win." The combat is never better than "okay." They are pretty titles that fail to meaningfully execute on their basic premise.

2. Red Dead Redemption. Never finished the story mode. Never saw any point to do anything more than go from Story Point A to Story Point B.

3. Grand Theft Auto V. I mostly enjoyed this, but feel like it really dropped the ball on the heists. At first it seemed like it was going to be a pseudo-open-world RPG-ish thing, but really there's just the two or three big heists, and that's it. The end. Huge disappointment.

4. Metal Gear Solid. Plot made no sense, gameplay was lots of trial-and-error, spent nearly all my time feeling annoyed.

5. Silent Hill 2. It's just a walking simulator. I ran past bad guys for a couple hours and then shot a lady floating around on a bed. Whee. The atmosphere was pretty creepy I guess.

Well I'ld been playing less and less anyway so it wasn't much of a commitment (plus I committed to do more important things with my time)
Halo combat involved wasnt a bad game, it just was nothing special compared to all the FPS's I was then playing on the PC, yet it was hyped up like it was the second coming of Hendrix

Back