Sea of Thieves [XO, PC, XGP, PS]

While I've enjoyed the game, I think the messaging on it is still a little foggy. The game is fun and it definitely induces the giggles/lol with me.

Anyway the alpha invite portion of the development has ended. Good news is if you got into the alpha, you are in for whatever comes next according to the notice they sent.

Oh man, you can vomit on another player's face and then their have to look at the world though the vomit!

OK, the game looks amazing in motion. They've done such an absolutely amazing job with the ocean and the feeling of sailing. And when they went into the storm. Whew!

The game overall actually has a nice cartoony aesthetic.

Watching this, they aren't RPing, but I can totally see that there is huge RP potential for this game.

Regards,
SB

Anybody else get more invites for the Technical Alpha tonight and this weekend?

The email is really unclear, I thought they said it was over for the XB1. But this email doesn't specify what hardware it is for (doesn't tell you to download the game from the Windows store, for example), so.. bizarre. Their official forums don't seem to offer any guidance either.

Edit - found it on their website, it's for the XB1. Apparently they are running more sessions all the way through August. I could have sworn they said they were finished with the technical alpha phase.

Anybody else get more invites for the Technical Alpha tonight and this weekend?

The email is really unclear, I thought they said it was over for the XB1. But this email doesn't specify what hardware it is for (doesn't tell you to download the game from the Windows store, for example), so.. bizarre. Their official forums don't seem to offer any guidance either.

Edit - found it on their website, it's for the XB1. Apparently they are running more sessions all the way through August. I could have sworn they said they were finished with the technical alpha phase.

Yeah, I thought the same but also got an Xbox Live message for it too. Didn't play today, but might try this weekend.

It was announced at MS GamesCom that Sea of Thieves will be CrossPlay between Xbox and PC.

They also mentioned an upcoming Technical Alpha running August 22 through August 25. I hope I'm finally invited to my first SoT experience then.

Still surprised you didn't get in over the weekend. They already sent new invites out.

BTW, PC version was also announced will ship at the same time as the Xbox version.

They said PC & console experience is seemless & fully integrated. Check the video...

Tommy McClain

Haven't looked at this for a while due to moving house and various family issues which are (unfortunately) resolved. Hoping to have a play this week , and as a sweetener there's this from an insider email :

"We've thrown in something extra special to celebrate Gamescom this week. If you complete the special Gamescom campaign, you're also in with a chance of winning an exclusive Sea of Thieves branded Xbox One S console and controller! "

I up for this tonight. Tried a bit last night with some strangers. Definitely not as fun. Playing Castlestorm until someone joins my party.

Tommy McClain

Playing a bit last night and some random explained to me how the wind works and how adjusting the sails increases speed (but of course makes it harder to navigate as you have to oversteer to correct for it). So that was neat. I never really paid attention to the currents in the sky before.

Playing a bit last night and some random explained to me how the wind works and how adjusting the sails increases speed (but of course makes it harder to navigate as you have to oversteer to correct for it). So that was neat. I never really paid attention to the currents in the sky before.
Yeah I still don't understand it & that was even after playing until about 2:30am. The game is magical when you have a team all voice chatting & doing their roles. Found out I'm better with the map & helping the navigator. I do mapping for a living, so duh. Also loved doing the quests & helping my mates. Great time last night.

Tommy McClain

Back