Comprehensive list of PS4 Pro enabled titles

D

Deleted member 13524

Here it is:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324251

From this post I got the feeling that there's a terrible misconception regarding PS4 Pro enhanced titles.
There aren't 60 Pro titles. On that list alone I counted over 170 TV titles with confirmed Pro enhancements, plus over 60 VR titles.

Sony may not be doing their best to describe the Pro enhancements, but pretty much all relevant titles released since Q4 2016 have PS4 Pro paths.

Last edited by a moderator:
The list seems a bit messy. Especially since the reference post has the following section with half a dozen titles shown: "Games with Pro support stated by Publisher or Sony. Checked, no upgrades seen."

You mentioned 170 regular games, but here are the numbers direct from the post you're referencing:

Number of listed games with enhancements: 164
Number of listed games with VR enhancements: 53
Total number of games with official support: 202 (some are both regular and VR)

They mandated Pro support last October and then older games were patched. Both systems require the developer to release a patch, there isn't much mystery.

Basically all new games and then some old games. XBX will be the same way.

And the list definitely is not comprehensive. Sundered for example isn't there. I'm sure there's a few more missing but you really can't blame this guy, who keeps the best list on the internet.

Been talking about that list for ages. And bitching about Sony's handling of this.

This guy is doing Sony's job for them, for free, and that's shameful.

My enthusiast side agrees with you. My non-enthusiast side is thinking if Sony doesn't have a comprehensive list of each game's resolution/framerate/IQ for the regular PS4, why would they do so for the Pro?
The Pro will run every game launches November 16 onwards significantly better than the old model, and that's all they want you to know.

My enthusiast side agrees with you. My non-enthusiast side is thinking if Sony doesn't have a comprehensive list of each game's resolution/framerate/IQ for the regular PS4, why would they do so for the Pro?
The Pro will run every game launches November 16 onwards significantly better than the old model.
Significantly better? Marginally better? Without clear numbers, it's hard to gauge, and thus becomes a harder sell. That said, if the numbers aren't all that great, you're better off keeping quiet and have people buy 4Pro 'because it's better' even if not quantifiably so. However, telling people about the better numbers for 4Pro is a good way to get them to buy a 4Pro, as another £100 gets them twice as many whatever-those-ares which must be great, which is what Sony wants. Possibly. TBH they're pretty good at making hardware and not wanting people to buy it though, instead letting it die. Maybe the very existence of 4Pro is another to satisfy their game plan and they don't care to sell them?

Significantly better? Marginally better?
On a 4K TV the games look significantly better. That's what they're saying.

For us that info is obviously insufficient, but for the remaining 95% of the gaming population that's as much info as they're willing to take before they get bored.
All they want to know is if the games play or look better. They're not really interested in knowing any number besides price.

For us that info is obviously insufficient, but for the remaining 95% of the gaming population that's as much info as they're willing to take before they get bored.
All they want to know is if the games play or look better. They're not really interested in knowing any number besides price.
But then again the Pro is not supposed to be a volume seller. It is targeting the Premium gamer and this produced in small quantities.

As far as I can find, that is the only listing of all HDR-supported games on PS4 platform. I'm getting a new TV soon, so I'm in fully google-fu mode of looking up for good content.

Most people don't have 4K TVs. What are the improvements from 4Pro for them? These seem to be a bit all over the place, and there's the chance that the game(s) you'd most want to play aren't getting much benefit from 4Pro. Which of course Sony wouldn't want you to know and would rather you buy safe in the knowledge that Placebo Power will improve your experience of the game. ;)

As far as I can find, that is the only listing of all HDR-supported games on PS4 platform. I'm getting a new TV soon, so I'm in fully google-fu mode of looking up for good content.
HDR is supported on PS4 though, so needs its own list.

Most people don't have 4K TVs. What are the improvements from 4Pro for them? These seem to be a bit all over the place, and there's the chance that the game(s) you'd most want to play aren't getting much benefit from 4Pro. Which of course Sony wouldn't want you to know and would rather you buy safe in the knowledge that Placebo Power will improve your experience of the game. ;)

1080p modes in the Pro all have framerate or IQ enhancements, but regardless: that's exactly it. Which is why Sony doesn't need or want to be more specific.

Boost mode, better PSVR, then frame rate/IQ on most games. It's kind of hard to convey the information, most people are not technical. I'm not sure there is much Sony can do, the more they say the more confusing it will get. It is game by game and developer by developer.

Boost mode, better PSVR, then frame rate/IQ on most games. It's kind of hard to convey the information, most people are not technical. I'm not sure there is much Sony can do, the more they say the more confusing it will get. It is game by game and developer by developer.
I think London boy is asking for standard labelling on the box.

HDR, 4K, PSVR and Pro Enhanced; are all separate identifiers that can go a long way to making this process easier for the consumer.

Last edited:
Again, I'm quite happy with the number of enhanced titles and the quality of them.

There is just no info anywhere from Sony about these enhancements, and the only real resource is this user-made list on neogaf.

Doesn't even need to be anything more than the simplest info on the PSN info of each game.

I should be working for Sony.

It's a publicity info. It's up to the publishers to publicize their game with some checklist of features, why would a platform holder require technical details on the box? The platorm holders have display requirement to make sure you know if it will work or not with the console you bought, peripheral compatibility, etc.... Behind the scenes the TCRs exist for biz dev purposes. "Pro enhanced" should be there, but exact details of what's better seem asking a lot from a TCR.

Trailers exist for a reason. Reviews are also there for a reason. If you are that picky about technical details of games you'll do a lot more research anyway than just looking at logos on the packaging.

I'd prefer they force publishers to print the metacritic average on the box. :devilish:
No... Wait... That could be amazing...

Back