Best 4K HDR TV's for One X, PS4 Pro [2017-2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news for me, Rtings said TCL confirmed the 65" P series is not coming out this year http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/p-series-2017-p607#comparison_914

My only other viable 65" option then is the Vizio M65-e0, but the input lag at around 37ms may be a dealbreaker.

I'm inching closer to just keeping this LeEco for now and crossing my fingers, get something better maybe next year, and at least I'll have a nominal 4k/HDR set for Xbox One X's arrival. the other option would be to wait for a deal on the 607/605P 55", but since I kind of want a 65" in the end anyway, I'm not sure it's worth the extra $ to go from my LeEco to it. Well, I have until September 20 to continue in a holding pattern, that is the drop dead return it or else date on the LeEco 've been using.

Decisions decisions...

Bad news for me, Rtings said TCL confirmed the 65" P series is not coming out this year http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/p-series-2017-p607#comparison_914

My only other viable 65" option then is the Vizio M65-e0, but the input lag at around 37ms may be a dealbreaker.

I'm inching closer to just keeping this LeEco for now and crossing my fingers, get something better maybe next year, and at least I'll have a nominal 4k/HDR set for Xbox One X's arrival. the other option would be to wait for a deal on the 607/605P 55", but since I kind of want a 65" in the end anyway, I'm not sure it's worth the extra $ to go from my LeEco to it. Well, I have until September 20 to continue in a holding pattern, that is the drop dead return it or else date on the LeEco 've been using.

Decisions decisions...

Keep the one you have as the TCL is not a generational leap in quality. Right now it's premium all the way for a new experience. I just upgraded to the LG Oled b7 from the Panasonic dx800 (a great mid range display) and there's no comparison in regards to screen uniformity, shadow detail, contrast and viewing angle. The sweet spot on the VA panels is so small that even in the perfect seat the edges of the displays will glow. You should only be looking Oled, Sony z9d, or the Panasonic dx902. Otherwise everything else is so similar in the midrange that it's not worth it to change now.

2017 TV Shootout Results: LG, Panasonic & Sony OLED vs Samsung QLED:

"Here are the results of the Crampton & Moore/ HDTVTest 2017 TV shootout, which compared the LG B7, Panasonic EZ1002, Sony A1 OLED TVs, as well as the Samsung Q9 QLED & Sony ZD9 LED LCD television.

Winners and runners-ups with their corresponding scores were detailed for all eight categories of contrast, colour, motion, video processing, uniformity, bright-room performance, gaming & HDR."

Best TV of 2017: Panasonic EZ1002 OLED
Best Gaming TV: LG B7 OLED
Best HDR TV: LG B7 OLED
Best Living Room TV Sony A1OLED
Best Home Theater TV: PanasonicEZ1002 OLED

Last edited:
Shocking that only OLED TVs are on that list ... not really.

LG B7 still the best for gaming.

The LG C7 should be even better but vastly more expensive.

Last edited:
65" C7 is $3.2k on Amazon US currently, down from $4k.

I read the last few pages, and as somebody who does have light flooding into the room, is more concerned about being able to see dark scenes on the TV while watching in a well lit space and wants to be able to view the picture from extreme viewing angles is OLED the exactly wrong TV for me to get?

I'm mulling over an LG OLED 55' B6 which I can get for 1600€
I must make a decision soon though, because stores are clearing stocks and B7 cost more than 3k

For that price, I'd go for it.
The B6 was one of the best TV's just a few months ago. If you'd been happy then with a B6, you'll be happy with it now.
The 7 series are an improvement especially on brightness, but the 6 series is still a top of the line TV.

I wish there were gaming sites that reviewed tvs with a focus on calibration in gaming mode. Always hard to know what controls are available in game mode on a tv. I want low input lag, but I also don't want my games to look like shit.

I wish there were gaming sites that reviewed tvs with a focus on calibration in gaming mode. Always hard to know what controls are available in game mode on a tv. I want low input lag, but I also don't want my games to look like shit.

You could start one: ZunderThunder.com

B6 got a firmware upgrade early this year which brought the input lag way down to similar levels with other 2016 LG Oled models. The firmware also fixed the issue where the input lag changed between frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back