AMD RyZen CPU Reviews

your in a situation where you can only afford the one of the 2 cpu's and it's going to have to last you maybe 10 years
Ryzen with closed eyes...FX is a dead platform no upgrade possible, no new feature no new technologies....Ryzen will least at least 3 more years with the same socket so a MB you buy know will be compatible with CPU launch 3 years in the future or vice versa a CPU you buy today could be installed in a new MB full of new feature 3 years later.

There is no a single reason you should buy an FX CPU unless you can find a PC for free.

I buy a 1200 myself(my bb, love, god MB(M7H) died) so I sold my CPU, cooler and Ram and buy a new Ryzen system and just spend the same amount of money I would If I have bought a new(ultra cheap Chinese) board. But now I have access to DDR4 and have the flexibility to buy a new CPU or MB with more performance of features without needing to change the whole system. I can in a year get a new Zen2 8c CPU without having to also changed board or ram. You don't an old dead platform when a new one is available and about the same price.

Besides all of the Above you will also get better overall performance from a ryzen system even with half as many cores simple out of the difference in IPC even newer games will use ryzen much better than they can use FXs since developers never tried to optimize for BZ(it was pointless with the so little performance it has) while they are very interested in ryzen. So I wouldn't count in seeing the FX outperforming even the 4C4T ryzens CPUs in the future.

yes there is, if a program uses 8 cores the fx is 34% faster on average,
but I agree for most people the ryzen is the better buy

Have you some benchs ?

Ok in some case FX has more cores, but even then, the low IPC vs 6 cores Ryzen will be enough to have the Ryzen on top.

Ryzen has a much better memory subsystem, much higher single thread performance, high per core floating point performance (because it doesn't share the FPU).

Here, the quad core R5 1400 beats every FX processor except in SSL signings.

Cheers

yes but thats an 8 thread cpu
when you look at the same websites benchmarks for ryzen 3 it looses in the multicore benchmarks against the fx 8350

Back