Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

I figured it out. Continue your game, press options , choose to create ur new game + profile or something. The game takes ur inventory and saves it for new game + . Then go to the main menu and now ur New game+ option will be available.

Got the perfect way to replay in HDR. :D

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk
Thanks mate! That saves me the trouble of replaying the ending again. Will relive this beautiful work of art with all my upgrades and shit, been waiting for this patch to restart:).

they should add some VR stuff, even if it's not much, like some VR gallery where you could look at characters, enemies up close.

kojiguerrillalwsll.png

SIGGRAPH 2017 Session about Decima Engine AA and lightning by a kojima productions programmer and the guerrilla principal tech engineer

Ugh this game is so boring. Nier automata with its fugly graphics have more "pull".

Feels like a waste of money, despite I got it when it was discounted.

The characters also behave super robotic, like call of duty NPC.

It does looks awesome tho!

Some tech deep dive between DF and Guerrilla Games on 4k CBR and HDR implementation of the game.
So according to them the game's HDR is mastered at 6000 nits:oops:, no wonder ZD9 pulls it off so much better than the Oled due to being able to tonemap at a much higher brightness level. Also I wonder how they got the ZD9 up to 2400 nits since its usual maximum is just over 2000 nits. HDR is apparently not as effortless as we thought to implement.
They tried 1500p native but not happy with the result. Also they did 1800p CBR with 4x super sampling and reckons it's sharper than 2160p CBR without 4x super sampling, but the latter gives you more detail in the geometry and textures, very interesting. Much more from the video.

Is HDR all about brighter birghts or what? My eyes get tired from the current Tvs itself :( I dont watn more brightness, I want richer colours and detailed darks and midtones, the places we see most.
Edit:The Witness also has great HDR btw, everything looks and feels more vibrant. It doesnt feel like its about peak brightness there, the whole image gets a depth, like in Homefront too.

Is HDR all about brighter birghts or what? My eyes get tired from the current Tvs itself :( I dont watn more brightness, I want richer colours and detailed darks and midtones, the places we see most.
Edit:The Witness also has great HDR btw, everything looks and feels more vibrant. It doesnt feel like its about peak brightness there, the whole image gets a depth, like in Homefront too.
HDR is about larger color volume which has both more brightness and deeper colours.

If you calibrate SDR properly the white should be 100 nits, currently it's quite normal for TV to show a lot more.
http://vanhurkman.com/wordpress/?p=3548

Ideally it's about balancing both. More brightness means more colour volume - As an example, personally I always see the biggest difference in places where the sun hits a surface. In HDR it literally looks like sun hitting a surfaced in SDR it looks like "a colour". Blinding the user is not a goal of HDR.

That's if HDR is done properly. Like with any other thing, it all depends on the content creation.

Ideally it's about balancing both. More brightness means more colour volume - As an example, personally I always see the biggest difference in places where the sun hits a surface. In HDR it literally looks like sun hitting a surfaced in SDR it looks like "a colour". Blinding the user is not a goal of HDR.

That's if HDR is done properly. Like with any other thing, it all depends on the content creation.
I get it, especially in Witness and Homefront and I see a overall increase in colour range and depth of the image. I don't see that effect in horizon though, that seems all about darker darks when HDR is enabled. I guess its all about their implementation.
Thats besides, Its just that when these devs talk about max nits, I can't handle the max brightness of this peasant HDR TV, i can't fathom more brighter displays going forward. its tiring to me, rather than being pleasing. I mean, when I go out, I don't stare at the sun, or bright sunlit areas in summers, which can get blinding here, I look where the light is at a comfortable level. I expect the same from my Tvs, games, movies. I don't want them going to show me amazing bright sunspots, but more range of colours in the midtones and shadows, where the eye wants to look. Couldn't care one bit about how bright the sun looks. I don't need my TV to show me real brightness of the sun. Its meaningless to my logical brain to go that bright on a display. Even with the current displays we get warnings to not make them too bright or they would hurt the eyes with prolonged use.

I get it, especially in Witness and Homefront and I see a overall increase in colour range and depth of the image. I don't see that effect in horizon though, that seems all about darker darks when HDR is enabled. I guess its all about their implementation.
Thats besides, Its just that when these devs talk about max nits, I can't handle the max brightness of this peasant HDR TV, i can't fathom more brighter displays going forward. its tiring to me, rather than being pleasing. I mean, when I go out, I don't stare at the sun, or bright sunlit areas in summers, which can get blinding here, I look where the light is at a comfortable level. I expect the same from my Tvs, games, movies. I don't want them going to show me amazing bright sunspots, but more range of colours in the midtones and shadows, where the eye wants to look. Couldn't care one bit about how bright the sun looks. I don't need my TV to show me real brightness of the sun. Its meaningless to my logical brain to go that bright on a display. Even with the current displays we get warnings to not make them too bright or they would hurt the eyes with prolonged use.
I think the point is that the 'ultimate goal' is to have TVs (and content) look as close to reality as possible. That takes a lot of nits. Looking into the sun (or cars' headlights for example) is not something we normally do in reality because it hurts, but the light bouncing off everything else, in reality, is a lot brighter than TVs have been able to output. That brightness makes the colour more 'voluminous', hence all the talk about colour volume. And that's why HDR done right makes everything look so much more real and almost 3D, because of that additional colour.

Then you have to think about the whole process of colour grading, which in Horizon was so well done in SDR, that the HDR version doesn't look as impressive as some other games. Adding bright highlights to an SDR image does not make great HDR. Colour grading at higher (or lower) nits does, in my opinion.

I think the point is that the 'ultimate goal' is to have TVs (and content) look as close to reality as possible. That takes a lot of nits. Looking into the sun (or cars' headlights for example)
Look into a car's headlights in the daytime and you may be hard pushed to even see they're on. 'Bright' is relative. The sun is a special case because it can overpower our minimal pupil size, but nature compensates by making it a painful experience. 6000 nits on a screen will be blinding when viewed in a dark room. But then so will 100 nits. Set your mobile screen to full brightness and get a picture of a round dot on it to represent the sun. Acclimatise to a blackened room and then switch your phone on. Ow!

HDR is about getting a range of brightnesses so that the highlights are still bright relative to the ambient view, and the detail remains in the darkness. You can adjust a normal TV to be horribly bright in the highlights but the midtones may be washed out or the contrast may crush the shadow areas. Think of it like headphones or speakers. Any headphones can be loud, but you need a decent pair to resolve subtle sounds in otherwise loud music, or to handle loud bits without distorting when playing mid-intensity music at volume.

Look into a car's headlights in the daytime and you may be hard pushed to even see they're on. 'Bright' is relative. The sun is a special case because it can overpower our minimal pupil size, but nature compensates by making it a painful experience. 6000 nits on a screen will be blinding when viewed in a dark room. But then so will 100 nits. Set your mobile screen to full brightness and get a picture of a round dot on it to represent the sun. Acclimatise to a blackened room and then switch your phone on. Ow!

HDR is about getting a range of brightnesses so that the highlights are still bright relative to the ambient view, and the detail remains in the darkness. You can adjust a normal TV to be horribly bright in the highlights but the midtones may be washed out or the contrast may crush the shadow areas. Think of it like headphones or speakers. Any headphones can be loud, but you need a decent pair to resolve subtle sounds in otherwise loud music, or to handle loud bits without distorting when playing mid-intensity music at volume.
That's my point though. HDR just has that extra headroom to resolve details at a much higher range of brightness levels. What you do in a dark room is none of my business!

Look into a car's headlights in the daytime and you may be hard pushed to even see they're on.

:oops:... nahhh uhhh!!!

Some of these bastard fancy smancy Audis with LED-based headlights around Maidenhead damn near blind me on my way to work in the mornings... even on a bright sunny day!!:devilish:

My wife's constantly telling me I need counselling for my roadrage that those bloody things induce.

Back