Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but it may be soon as Phil Spencer replied to a tweet asking saying all planed and approvals in place.

When tho is still anyone's guess.

I saw this bad boy in the wild over the weekend at an MS store. It's really sleep and slim looking, impressive what they were able to pack in such a small form factor.

hopefully be some nice games being shown of during gamescom week.
Maybe DF will get some nice captures to do comparisons. MS said they will do some at some point, this is the perfect time.

Then MS is at hot chips the following Monday talking about the Scorpio engine for half an hour, anyone here going to be there? Usually takes a few months for the presentations to be made available from what I remember. Not that I'm expecting anything new from it.

The Xbox gamescom livestream is also available via Mixer.

Predictions for Sunday? I'm not expecting anything much. Day One edition achievement ?some mixer gifts for tuning in ?

Nothing expected on my end, but they're going to do something they've never done before! As for the Mixer gifts, probably.. but probably something I already have.

A free invite to the mysteriously re-opened Alpha for SoT perhaps?

I bet they do pre-order & console trade-ins for show attendees. Then open up trade-ins at Microsoft Stores on Monday.

What's the chance of actually having a limited number of final boxes to sell or giveaway on Sunday?

Tommy McClain

https://mspoweruser.com/xbox-one-x-project-scorpio-edition-leaks-ahead-reveal/

x1x1.png

I hope they pack in Forza 7. Need that 4k goodness. Definitely they need a pack in given the high price.

Project scorpio thing seems weak. Just some green letters...no effort.

I can see how it would easy to see that point of view. But this isn't MS first entrance into the console market. Everything XBO has now has been with Xbox 360 as well.

The reasoning for everything is of course that rushed launch for XBO. They were not prepared to launch when PS4 did and some decisions, like external power brick, large box and he overcompensation on cooling were chosen to make it on time. The choices for esram and DDR3 were of course a cost savings choice, they were unsure if GDDR5 would come down to that price point. And Sony gambled from 4GB to 8GB, and it paid off.

You can see with the S, X, and 360 S that without rushing they are competent.

The OS is no different. Once again, barely in working shape for launch. I wouldn't say they've been out to copy PS4, they just didn't really have enough time to think out their ideas for launch.

The UI undergoes massive changes even today.

Is MS going to do aggressive promotions like trade ins?

Could be a good way for them to make some waves by getting better sales of the Scorpio compared to the PS4 Pro.

But if they replace a lot of X1s in trade ins for Scorpios, then the overall installed base of the X1s and Scorpios wouldn't grow that much.

May need to offer some attractive trade-ins for PS4 then.:devilish:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back