Formula 1 - 2017 Season

I missed a good bit of the GP. How many laps did diresta do before he retired. I see he had the fastest pit stop. Doesn't mean anything of course, but shows he was completely tuned into getting the car moving from rest.

I missed a good bit of the GP. How many laps did diresta do before he retired. I see he had the fastest pit stop. Doesn't mean anything of course, but shows he was completely tuned into getting the car moving from rest.
Lap 62 I think. Not a bad job for someone who hasn't driven an F1 car in years.

Lap 62 I think. Not a bad job for someone who hasn't driven an F1 car in years.
Not just F1 car, but the most complex F1 car ever, both in terms of technology (the hybrid system) but also the controls.

Ferrari sanbagging more than Mercedes for quali was unexpected
Ferrari are much quicker on slow circuits, Merc much quicker on fast ones. According to finger boy, it's due to the Mercedes power advantage.

So, fully expect Merc to suck at Singapore, but dominate every other track until the end of the season.

Ferrari are much quicker on slow circuits, Merc much quicker on fast ones. According to finger boy, it's due to the Mercedes power advantage.

So, fully expect Merc to suck at Singapore, but dominate every other track until the end of the season.

So what advantage does Ferrari have on slow circuits?

I guess that means Vettel is definitely staying another year then; the assumption seems to be that Kimi will stay if Vettel does.
They will probably announce it at Monza.

Reactions: cjo
Vettel signed 3 year extension (but probably with get-out clauses).

In today's quali the lap times have been outstanding, but the vibration of the tyres looked really bad. I seem to remember a race last year where there were vibrations that harmonised in the tyres making them shake the suspension to bits. Same thing could happen during the race tomorrow I think.

Vettel signed 3 year extension (but probably with get-out clauses).

In today's quali the lap times have been outstanding, but the vibration of the tyres looked really bad. I seem to remember a race last year where there were vibrations that harmonised in the tyres making them shake the suspension to bits. Same thing could happen during the race tomorrow I think.
Especially Kimi had issues with vibration, let's hope it won't end up in disaster. Shame on his last lap screwup, he has been faster than Vettel throughout the weekend. On the positive side, without the screw-up Vettel might be 3rd instead of 2nd (Kimi gave him tow after screwing up his own lap)

Red Bull to split with Renault at end of 2018 season
Renault have told Red Bull they no longer want to supply them after next season and while the move has not been officially confirmed, insiders say the divorce is almost certain.
Red Bull will be forced to use Honda engines with both its teams in 2019.

Junior team Toro Rosso's switch to Honda is to be confirmed on Friday.

McLaren's switch from Honda engines to Renault for the next three seasons, the same period as Toro Rosso's Honda contract, is also due to be announced on Friday as part of a busy series of news developments at the Singapore Grand Prix weekend.
_97800546_redbull1.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/41265779

What I don't understand is why they said they will be "forced" to use Honda engines?
I see any reason why RD would sign a contract with Honda(we are not talking about toro rosso) and ashame its brand which is everything that they have, I thank they would prefer to get out until 2021 than see themself becoming the next Mclaren.

It's extremely unlikely that Mercedes would sell their engines to McLaren, same for Ferrari, they know how good team Red Bull is and how they'd perform with better engine.
So yes, they'll be forced Honda if Renault dumps them.

Well that was as interesting first lap at Singapore.

Got to say I'd put the blame mostly on Vettel. I don't think cutting that far to the left in the wet was a particularly good idea. Verstappen didn't have anywhere to go really.

Back