Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Yay, went flawless!

Kept putting posts for carries now and then, some dudes invited me, and we got it!

I sucked naturally but hey, at least I was good enough to get carried.

I kinda had gotten a false perception from my very limited trials runs that practically everybody, even the early matches, were like 1800 elo, 1.6 k/d teams. It wasn't that way this time at all, we got several not great teams this time. Even the last team was good but not THAT good. The last team was an 1800 and two 1600's. I guess that's kinda what you need for a flawless run! That last team to not be monsters. When I played with that 2800 ELO guy we were playing monster all 1800-2000+ elo teams right off the bat.

BTW we only lost one match I guess, so it was almost a true flawless. Also even that was barely, I think it was 5-4 and the carry guys felt they should have won just a few million to one things conspired against us.

The guys who carried me were just kids, I'd estimate maybe 16-17. I was like hell ya, the youngsters have the fastest reflexes haha.

Both had elo's around 2000-2100. I asked how many times they'd been flawless one said like too many to count, the other said 105. They were real smart with the teamwork and strategies too. Impressive stuff.

They said I did really good for a carry. I know they were just being nice but hey.

Officially now I have a .57 Trials k/d and 1147 Trials elo LOL.

So that's cool, one of the very last checkboxes to Destiny 1 crossed off. And just knowing that I'm at least good enough to be carried to the lighthouse makes me feel better. Getting stomped in Trials was having me question my (already known to be limited) crucible skills.

Oh I got BP adept, the best trials gun sure, but I dont much care, I'm sure plenty of my trusty PDX 45 and Hawksaw rolls are better.

Interestingly for loadout, I ended up going with just PDX 45. Mida is definitely superior gun, but what I found was that in prior trials runs with Mida/Sidearm, the switching, knowing when to switch to sidearm etc, and then choking with stressful CQC was an issue for me. The PDX can play all ranges and I didn't have to use anything else, I didn't have to think about anything. I wanted to strip it back to absolute barebones, stay alive, try to get some shots on the other guys to help out here and there. So peeking with Icebreaker or whatever was kinda out. I ran a sidearm but I barely took it out at all. So it was probably just luck of the draw and I probably would have done better with Mida, but I wasn't going to switch as long as we kept progressing. Oh and bladedancer was my subclass of course, my original! Double skips.

Sometimes the Destiny community can be pretty great. I got pretty consistent responses to asking for carries. Which is really pretty much a blatant gift. It was my only hope of flawless at this late date after all.

Last edited:
Yeah. I put it back :devilish:

Now I'm done with every grimoire but killing 80 more Hydra, 50 more doubles wins, and a few calcified fragments. The doubles one will be a bit time consuming thats it. Not sure I'll actually bother to max out Grim though. But the two Lighthouse related grim were by far the most difficult remaining.

Edit: BP adept, the glow effect on enemies kinda puts me off, I forget to aim for the head. Could get used to it I'm sure. could even be a big positive, I recall liking it on Burning Eye. The way I've got the gun set up (smallbore) it only has 7 bursts (only 8 normally anyway). I've found that just isn't enough and cripples the gun. Still like my PDX 45 better. The sight could be great on BP though, very clear and seems to have a nice zoom factor, fits my playstyle of longer range. The way I've got it specced leads to 55 range and 71 stability. Ton of range which I like. I also put HCR on. the more I think about it the more it should be a beast on paper (intrinsic snapshot too!) so I'll give it another go. I wonder if any of the barrel mods pump out more damage than usual? I haven't noticed yet.

Last edited:
Didn't they nerf HCR on high RoF PRs?

Anyway, today after almost 2 years the Hawksaw god-roll dropped for me with PB/CB/RF and the game is pretty much done, ironic.

About BP, I don't like the sight as it has this telescope arm effect. The IB PR's sight is far closer to the player's POV and that makes it so snappy and direct..

Yeah. I put it back :devilish:

Now I'm done with every grimoire but killing 80 more Hydra, 50 more doubles wins, and a few calcified fragments. The doubles one will be a bit time consuming thats it. Not sure I'll actually bother to max out Grim though. But the two Lighthouse related grim were by far the most difficult remaining.

Edit: BP adept, the glow effect on enemies kinda puts me off, I forget to aim for the head. Could get used to it I'm sure. could even be a big positive, I recall liking it on Burning Eye. The way I've got the gun set up (smallbore) it only has 7 bursts (only 8 normally anyway). I've found that just isn't enough and cripples the gun. Still like my PDX 45 better. The sight could be great on BP though, very clear and seems to have a nice zoom factor, fits my playstyle of longer range. The way I've got it specced leads to 55 range and 71 stability. Ton of range which I like. I also put HCR on. the more I think about it the more it should be a beast on paper (intrinsic snapshot too!) so I'll give it another go. I wonder if any of the barrel mods pump out more damage than usual? I haven't noticed yet.
I run BP with smooth/hand-laid/hand loaded/CB, which is what most people seem to use. The range is only 38, but that's good enough for most maps, unless you're a passive player that sits way back. I tend to play fairly aggressively and close-mid range.

Btw, congrats on your first flawless. :)
Didn't they nerf HCR on high RoF PRs?

Anyway, today after almost 2 years the Hawksaw god-roll dropped for me with PB/CB/RF and the game is pretty much done, ironic.

About BP, I don't like the sight as it has this telescope arm effect. The IB PR's sight is far closer to the player's POV and that makes it so snappy and direct..
Yeah they nerfed HCR, but BP/Hawksaw/PDX-45 were not part of the PR nerf.
Most people used HCR with BP before, now most people use hand loaded for a bit more range.

Well my thinking is, they nerfed flinch on all pulses. So, reddit says HCR just puts flinch back to what it was pre nerf WITHOUT HCR (I suspect that's oversimplified and haven't seen any hard evidence). So i mean, that sounds good to me. I always try to run HCR on the rare pulses that have it, if possible, although I have no idea if it really works.

Skribbles setup sounds better, 38 range is fine.

At the end of the day these pulses are just a little slow to kill anyway. They're way more fun to play with so they're what I've been using lately, but Mida is generally deadlier in this meta IMO.

The ammo is still the problem. I've always said 27 is the exact cutoff where it becomes an issue. Some of my best pulses are 27 mag and it's fine, but I always struggle with 24. Except Clever Dragon I guess, i think that was 24...

Btw, congrats on your first flawless

Thanks, it was definitely a rush. I've played Destiny too long to get excited like I did say first time I raided and got carried through VOG on my first attempt, but given that, I'm still pumped a day later. I felt like this is one thing Bungie didn't sugar coat or make easy.

Played a bit of clash lastnight after not playing crucible much at all lately. Some of my old buddies got on so we actually had some fun playing PVP.

Played some bladedancer, and as much as it sucks sometimes, it can still be fun to play. I will actually miss bladedancer in D2.

Destiny 1 PVP is liquid freaking crack. It just is.

I mean, I deleted it again (standard practice now for me, play a week or two, delete for a week or three so I dont spend too much time on it). But even last time, the fun is still fantastic. Part of me wants to go back in and start running Nightstalker...

D2 crucible didn't feel that way to me so far. it just doesn't. We'll see if I change my mind...

Back