Nintendo Switch upcoming Games?

swaaye

Entirely Suboptimal
Legend
Supporter
So..... besides the useless, perpetual, cross platform comparisons, what upcoming games do you guys feel are interesting and might be tailor made for the Switch?

Obvious answer - Nintendo titles will be tailor made for the Switch.
Personally I play mostly on PC, meaning that the Switch plays a filler role for me, (and my daughters who otherwise game on iPads). Unfortunately I don't appreciate platformers where Nintendo systems have a great tradition, so once you've excluded shooters and other games better suited to kb+m input, the pickings for this first year is limited.
Splatoon
Xenoblade 2
Mario Odyssey

Oops, one "shooter" and one "platformer". But these seem as if they could be really good. Honestly though, with my limitations in time and with Mario Kart and Splatoon being skill based games, this is ample. Toss in the odd "a few minutes of fun" games like Bomberman or if you're two or more Snipperclips and such like and we are well served for this first year. It's not as if we aren't drowning in entertainment options as it is.

Can you guys point me to some fun Co-op games for switch? Need to play something simple with my 4.5years old daughter. Mario odyssey 's co op is very half baked to be honest. I am enjoying Xenoblade massively but need some family fun.

I'm looking forward to Suda 51's new no more heroes like game on Switch. I think that is supposed to release sometime 2018?

Despite all their flaws I liked no more heroes and killer is dead.

Other than that I have no idea what is coming out. Is Metroid supposed to appear in 2018? I'm hoping for a new donkey Kong game as well but I guess that will be 2019. Hopefully Nintendo releases some ports of good wuu games that nobody played.

Pretty excited about Dark Souls on Switch. I’m planning on picking up a Switch in the next couple of months and that will be on the buy list.

I wish there was a date announced for Octopath in this past Direct. I was hoping it was going to be an early/mid 2018 release.

Pretty excited about Dark Souls on Switch. I’m planning on picking up a Switch in the next couple of months and that will be on the buy list.

I wish there was a date announced for Octopath in this past Direct. I was hoping it was going to be an early/mid 2018 release.

Yeah I definitely want more information on Octopath, including what the final name will be.

Regards,
SB

Hopefully From uses the opportunity to do a little more than polishing visuals. A complete redesign of Lost Izalith and its awful Bed of Chaos boss would be much appreciated.
First thing I'm gonna buy for the Switch in 2018 will be the two Bayonettas, though.

Hands-on with Labo...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...f_gaming_is_cardboard_thanks_to_nintendo_labo

This is ingenious...

At the other end of the scale there's the aforementioned piano, which is utterly, utterly ingenious. Everything is made from cardboard, right down to the keys which use folded flaps to spring back into place when pressed. The Joy-Con slots into the back, with its IR camera pointed at a small slot just above the rear of the keys. When one is pressed, it pops into view through the slot and reveals small strip of reflective tape - the camera picks this up and plays the relevant note. The same visual trick is used to change the tone of the keyboard, adjust the pinch, record patterns and much more besides; you can even use the slot on the top of the piano to insert a cut-out (created by yourself) which changes the sound of a keypress based on the shape of cardboard.

The first time you witness this, it's nothing short of magic. You can't fathom how this primitive cardboard assembly is producing these sounds with such accuracy (despite the promotional video showing it quite clearly). Run your finger down the keys and it plays a perfect sequence of notes; turn the dial on the top-left and the tone of each note is subtly altered. Even when you realise the IR camera is behind all of this - perhaps the best application it's ever had, in fact - you'll struggle to withhold your amazement. It's jaw-dropping stuff, made all the more remarkable by the fact that Nintendo takes delight in lifting the curtain and showing how it's done; the app even presents you with a real-time read-out which shows the "hit boxes" the IR camera is looking for so you can place the reflective tape correctly. Even when fully constructed, the piano has an easy-to-access flap which allows you to open it up and view how it all works inside; there's a child-like joy in seeing these tricks revealed.

Tommy McClain

Labo look awesome. $70 for kits though! Only Nintendo could find a way to charge that for cardboard!

Edit: although to be fair it's quite a lot of cardboard. Erm, and some of it's quite thick.

Edit edit: ah, $70 includes the cartridge too. Make more sense. What a great idea.

Last edited:
Back