Movie Reviews 2.0

From what I read, Marvel was only there for consultation, to make sure Sony didnt fuck it up, but all the decisions were entirely under Sony control.

Could be. But seeing how Tony Stark and Cap America were in it, I'd have thought Marvel would have had extensive work on the script at least.

Jeremy Renner and Scarlet Johansson were all the more noticeable by their absence, given just about everyone else (everyone ?) was there.

I have no idea what they are currently up to, but given both of them are likely more in demand than the rest of he cast, was it just a scheduling issue? Seemed strange that they/ their characters were not mentioned, or did I just miss that bit. I decided not to watch the 'trailer' given the crappy quality of it.

Jeremy Renner and Scarlet Johansson were all the more noticeable by their absence, given just about everyone else (everyone ?) was there.

I have no idea what they are currently up to, but given both of them are likely more in demand than the rest of he cast, was it just a scheduling issue? Seemed strange that they/ their characters were not mentioned, or did I just miss that bit. I decided not to watch the 'trailer' given the crappy quality of it.

The trailer is out? Can't find it anywhere! Black Widow is definitely innit as they said she's now blonde. Where's the trailer!! :)

Last edited:
The trailer is out? Can't find it anywhere! Black Widow is definitely innit as they said she's now blonde. Where's the trailer!! :)
Its an unofficial leak but the one I saw was really "crappy video of a video using a bad phone at a less than ideal angle", which I stopped watching

Infinity War is another one of those films which are being split in two for maximum "artistic integrity", right? This dampens my excitement considerably.

So according to the article it's still IW1 and IW2. They've just adjusted the names ever so slightly. Never knew they intended to shoot them simultaneously, by the way. Heck, it's not like this has ever really mattered: the three overblown Hobbit movies weren't shot simultaneously either. Neither were the final two Hunger games movies or Deathly Hallows 1 and 2. In all cases the outcome was pretty similar: we got a bunch of movies with nowhere near enough story and/or action to fill their respective, absurd running times.

So according to the article it's still IW1 and IW2. They've just adjusted the names ever so slightly. Never knew they intended to shoot them simultaneously, by the way. Heck, it's not like this has ever really mattered: the three overblown Hobbit movies weren't shot simultaneously either. Neither were the final two Hunger games movies or Deathly Hallows 1 and 2. In all cases the outcome was pretty similar: we got a bunch of movies with nowhere near enough story and/or action to fill their respective, absurd running times.

I think we are guaranteed an IW1 with a whole lot of story and action. I wouldn't worry about that.

Also, we're talking about a storyline that involves Thanos getting all 6 infinity gems, each one in a different part of the universe, fight or at least deceive someone for each one, then use all of them with the gauntlet, seriously f'king up the universe, then the avengers and some 30 heroes somehow beating his ass.... it's a long story line.

Last edited:
Maybe spoilers ?
I believe the first movie will be about Thanos retrieving the six gems, and assembling the gauntlet at the end of the movie
The second one will be about him playing god, and his fall

Alien Resurrection. I spent one third of the movie covering my eyes, saying "woooow, that is disgusting!". One thing I didn't understand is how the scientists were able to clone Ripley with an alien inside, one pack, all included... ¬_¬

Other cons are:
- The underwater scene was cool... but the amount of time the characters spent there without breathing was highly unrealistic.
- I'm sorry, but Dan Hedaya's looks seem more appropriate for a comedy movie. Look:
latest

It kinda ruined the mood.

Overall, I liked the movie, though. ^_^

The Sony/Marvel comments seem to imply that the new Spiderman isn't so good...? Planning to see it Friday with the family.

The Sony/Marvel comments seem to imply that the new Spiderman isn't so good...? Planning to see it Friday with the family.
It was nice! Very much down to earth, compared to the later, more totally bonkers Marvel movies such as Dr Strange or GOTG. But it was good and full of heart.

Back