AMD GPU Supply Exhausted By Cryptocurrency Mining, AIBs Now Directly Advertising To Miners

Never seen that guy before and I'm not sure I've heard of the site, but I really liked his presentation style and explanations and I'm gonna check out the site now.

Good viddy, thanks Cyan!

Damn, I was trying to build a PC for my office using all AMD parts (so Ryzen and RX) and it seems that they don't have anything from 470 and up! so no 470/480/570/580! I don't know if it is because of this mining thing, but damn.... I haven't checked for Nvidia 1060 and up, but only few makers have 1050Ti. The problem is that normally the price difference is relatively small between 1050Ti and RX470.
I'm sad.... :(
Also RX560 is not easy to find either. From all of the makers, only the store said only Gigabyte has it in stock. The problem is that it has the same price as 1050Ti. Granted, this one is from Gigabyte and the 1050Ti is from Powercolor. There are cheaper RX560, but all are out of stock.
I think I will keep my current GPU for the time being (GTX 760).

Last edited:
now NVidia GPUs are also out of stock. This is getting totally out of hand.

The ROI isn't there. Full disclosure I've built two mining rigs as essentially therapy to get back to work you're things. It takes about nine to ten GPUs to pay for one within a month. There's no magic with more GPUs unless you're getting some great pricing.

Big money is there if you've invested large chunk from the start years ago. Today it's much harder to get started obviously.

Big money is there if you've invested large chunk from the start years ago. Today it's much harder to get started obviously.

Exactly. The issue is that the mining gets slower/more difficult as the blockchain increases so the coins/day drops dramatically. But if you drop $3k or $3M today it's going to take you 9-10 months of mining to get into the black and that's assuming Ethereum doesn't move to PoS from PoW.

Back