Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

evlrnv2.jpg

I edited it a bit :D

edit- new sounds

Last edited:
Something about that trailer looks so much better than the Beta or is it just me? I'm guessing some of the environments are photo shoot out only?

Those cardboard trees are absolutely hilarious. I get it, they think we won't even look st the trees while playing, and that's kinda true, but still. Seen so much better in the current gen that seeing these cheap tricks on a game like gran turismo is hilarious.
Given how many assets were reused from GT4 in GT5 and 6, including entire tracks, I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that those trees are last-gen or even PS2-era assets. They're too busy playing at being race car drivers and automotive engineers to make a game.

So I actually saw a GTS 4k HDR demo running on a Sony 930e at my local Hi Fi store and damn what a huge difference it makes! The demo's lighting and sharpness looked considerably better than any trailers I've seen on the net to the point I have mistaken it for real life from some of the footage. Sony seriously needs to do the right thing by releasing that demo file online so at least people with 4k HDR sets could actually see what the hell they're trying to showcase.

It's a big shame that there is so little HDR gaming video content avaiable for public consumption on the web. Sony should have invested in cracking that problem, they could have promoted Pro with those videos in a great way during 2017.

Now i can see why they didn't call it GT 7. I did enjoy parts of GT 5 and was open to whatever this title would offer but at the moment I don't see a reason why I would get it for anything other than the optimized handling you can expect from a Sony exclusive game, the graphics maybe a couple of specific cars and the occasional Online fun. Looks like their competition simply offers more. I think i'll pass or get it discounted one day. No full price purchase from me!

Is it just me or the urban environments look like total garbage? Low poly and super basic texturing (sorry for the low quality captures, I'm on an ancient iPad):

De1ZE6r.png

mUDi3sN.png

IM8vQiT.png

BiKRXUd.png

xfqowBG.png

Also, could be wrong but it seems to me like they still use Blinn-Phong instead of GGX for the specular.

Back