Warframe [PS4, XO]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloading now. Any pointers from the warframe veterans?

A few things.

If you do not plan to spend any money (I've spent 240 USD so far on this game), then try out various weapon types and warframes to get a feel for what you like.

Once you know it is something you may want to use a lot, use an Orokin Catalyst (weapons) or Reactor (warframe) on them. That will double the amount of capacity you have on the item for mod upgrades making them much more capable.

Trivia - Orokin Catalysts and Reactors are refered to as potatoes by players in game.

They can be attained either via real work currency (platinum in game) or rarely via alerts (usually for a short duration after a patch).

If you really like the weapon/warframe, after leveling it to 30, you can then apply a Forma to it which allows you to put a Polarization slot or change a Polarization slot. Polarization slots halve the capacity costs of Mods with matching polarization when used in that slot. Some of my favorite weapons and warframes have had up to 4-5 Formas applied to them. You can get Forma through missions in the "Void" which are accessed with Void Tower keys.

Try to save up 100k for a Sentinal ASAP. They are incredibly useful. Some deal pure damage like the Wyrm an Djinn. Some are more support or utility like the Carrier (vacuums objects to you) or Shade (makes you invisible when enemies get near). One thing to note is that Sentinels and Sentinel weapons can also use Potatoes and Forma to increase their effectiveness.

You can farm Warframe parts from the various bosses (each drops parts for a specific warframe) which can then be build in the foundry. You'll then need to buy a Warframe blueprint from the market (in game cash) to assemble them. You can also buy Weapon blueprints from the market (in game cash) and build them in the foundry.

That's the very very basics. There's so much more. Like the void, clan Dojo's and research, derelicts, etc.

Oh and increasing your ranking in game is done via leveling up weapons (100 xp/level), warframes (200 xp/level), sentinels (200 xp/level), and dogs (200 xp/leve). Unlocking character ranks gives access to more weapons up to rank 8. After that it is mostly for bragging rights as well as access to more harvesters (an extra harvester per 5 character ranks).

You only get experience from leveling an item once per item. But you don't have to get all the experience (3000 for weapons, 6000 for warframes/companions) at once. For example, you may level up the starter weapon to 15, sell it and use a better weapon. But at a later date if you have the weapon slots you can always get the starter weapon again to level it to 30 to get the rest of the XP from leveling it.

Regards,
SB

I'm still at 14 Euro spend. I currently have 1300 Platinum form trading items, so I really don't feel the need to spend any more money on the game. Or even trade for more Platinum since what I have will last me a long time.

I have levelled every weapon, warframe, and sentinel to level 30. All that's left are 3 of the 4 Kubrow breeds.

From now until 14 September Warframe will have 3 special alerts every day. So very rare and very good stuff will easy to get. Like A Kubrow egg, mods like Bite, Crimson Dervish, Gleaming Talon, Blaze, Hammershot, and Forma, and an Orokin Catalyst.

leveled to 6 with my warframe and current weapons. Played for about 3 hours and then bought $10 worth of Platinum just because I like the game so far and wanted to contribute to the dev's effort.

But man, the first 10 minutes had me grappling with the controls. The layout felt unnatural, but got used to it. And the mods, foundry and other facets convinced me that I have to sit down for a few and figure out how it all works instead of me trying to do it between missions.

I still don't know what the drops are, mostly I am running over stuff and hoping I am picking it up. I know I am picking up ammo and different material. But I have little ideal of what is what.

I also rather play this game solo until a point where its not serving my best interest. Because part of my ignorance is from zooming around with other players which for the most part is absolute chaos.

The way this game progresses is amazing. Taking on its succesors destiny and anthem head on now.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk
Yep. This game is great. It would deserve to be fully priced IMO because I basically stopped playing it (after maybe 30-40 hours) because of the pay to progress aspect of the game (after the first 30 hours or so)....Or be prepared to spend another 30 hours to grind one super interesting stuff...

This game does many things better than Destiny. It's the better game IMO.

Yea i spent three months in there back when ps4 launched.
Seems pretty changed now, will give it a try again. Basically the new UI had me confused whwn i tried re entering, the old UI was kn my muscle memory.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Yup, I've been constantly playing it since late Alpha (before cards were used for upgrades, when upgrades were unlocked on unique wire schematics node by node) back in 2011/2012. The way it has evolved is amazing, and the developers continue to pour resources into it with constant updates. Just recently the Earth tileset got completely revamped with better textures, reworked shaders, revised world and object geometry, etc. The lastest story related content update went with a horror theme and was actually pretty good.

It started out at Dx9 then got upgraded to Dx10 and now supports Dx11 with support for Dx9 being dropped a couple years ago.

That said, you either like these types of games or not. I love the gameplay and mechanics, so it never feels like a grind to me (I farm and craft everything in game which is why I have over 20,000 platinum, the currency you can buy with real money). Why buy the stuff and deprive myself of the fun of combat and acquiring the stuff? And I have that much currency because I spend so much time in the game that the devs deserve money for providing me so much enjoyment. The only thing I've spent platinum on is more weapon, warframe, and companion inventory slots.

All that said. It is extremely easy to earn platinum in game via trading with other players. A friend of mine who plays on PS4 has made over 40,000 platinum in game via farming stuff and selling it to other players.

It's no surprise that it is consistently in the top 10 (and often the number 1 spot) of games being played on Steam for the past 3-4 years.

Regards,
SB

The Official page with the Plains of Eidolon announcement.

https://www.warframe.com/news/tennocon-announcement-recap

Finally got to check it out, and I have to say this is a really ambitious update for the game. Everything they've done up to this point I'd consider something that was achieved with a very small but focused development group. This, however, looks like it would have required expanding the dev. team as well as expending significantly more resources than anything they've previously done.

I'm thinking that the additional income from the console versions is likely what has enabled them to expand their budget for the game. The timing for it coincides pretty well with that. It's pretty exciting.

One thing I wish they could do is offer cross play between consoles and PC. I have quite a few friends that play on the PS4 version of the game. They all used to play on PC, but when one of them had their PC die, and couldn't afford to get a new game capable PC, a group of my friends just transitioned to playing on PS4 which most of them already had.

Unfortunately while the developers talked about wanting to do it in the past, I think the reality is that it would be too cost prohibitive to do so due to the policies regarding patching of games for the PS4/XBO. So what we have instead is you get a major content patch release on PC. This is followed by a flurry of hotfixes as the dev team closely monitors the game and fixes anything that may have gone wrong or had unintended side effects. Then once everything is stable, they release a stable console content update. That allows them to minimize how many patches they need to do on console.

Still, I keep crossing my fingers that they'll eventually be able to do cross play.

Anyway back to Plains of Eidolon. I'm super excited to use Archwings (think of something like Mobile Suit Gundam style combat, but with smaller personal sized exoskeletons) in a Planetary environment. SUPER SUPER excited. :)

Regards,
SB

It really needed something like though, the usual rat in a maze game play does start to grate after a while. Once you get to a certain level then there isn't really any challenge anymore (I'm over 2,600 hours in now) and it needed something for the higher level players to chew on. I spend most of my time doing runs with newer players to help them on their way.

I must admit I am looking forward to the Plains of Eidolon, it looks absolutely fantastic!

I :love: this game ! Have a MAg, a Nyx, a Rhino and a Saryn Prime(got BPs from trade chat for 60Platinum) now. Mag and Rhino are maxed, so are Boltor and Paris Prime. the later planets are still locked though and the new quests and all have really made a mess of my game as I had played back in 2014 and opened up quite a lot then. Now I have a mish mash of locked and unlocked levels.
Anyways, figuring it out and its part of the fun. But cant fathom or find out how people customise the colour of their ships ? Insides and outsides of the ships.I cant find any way to do it.

I :love: this game ! Have a MAg, a Nyx, a Rhino and a Saryn Prime(got BPs from trade chat for 60Platinum) now. Mag and Rhino are maxed, so are Boltor and Paris Prime. the later planets are still locked though and the new quests and all have really made a mess of my game as I had played back in 2014 and opened up quite a lot then. Now I have a mish mash of locked and unlocked levels.
Anyways, figuring it out and its part of the fun. But cant fathom or find out how people customise the colour of their ships ? Insides and outsides of the ships.I cant find any way to do it.

Hopefully, the console menus are the same as the PC menus. If so then...
  1. Go into the menu for Equipment.
  2. Go into the menu for Landing Craft
  3. Choose what you want to customize
Yeah, there's a LOT of content in the game if you haven't been keeping up. But that just means there's more for you to do. :)

ever since the update i havent been able to login, so sad lol

Ouch, I feel for you. I'd hate it if I couldn't log in. Although I'm sad to say I don't have much time to play games right now. And even with Warframe being the only game I'm putting any time into, I still can only play an hour or so every 2-3 days. So haven't done much with the new content.

The changes to Focus are interesting, but I kind of like the old ones better as I'm not a big fan of running around as the Operator.

Regards,
SB

i was able to play this weekend, i agree with you regarding focus, definitely nerfed overall. I dunno how i feel about the new content either, on the one hand it looks cool and im sure when i get the archwing unlocked and the new quest unlocked and finished and stuff ill be able to enjoy it. but as is its not very fun.

After years I have being replaying this game on my Pro.

Wow, I am drowned in tons of new content and game is so polished now ! Runs mostly 60fps with some drops on many reasonably sized maps now (a very noticeable improvement compared to before, like maybe ~15 higher fps on average).

Motion blur settings still there fortunately along with new options: resolution scaler and by default dynamic resolution ! That would probably explain the much more stable framerate, even on a Pro.

Gun play is still very responsive and fun, and game is pretty to look at with tons of effects. It's still very grindy, of course, but I will play the game on occasions for a bit of fun.

With Tennocon coming this weekend, I figured I'd post these great Noclip documentaries on Warframe and the developer Digital Extreme (who made Unreal in partnership with Epic). All my favorite Unreal games were made by DE. I spent SOOOOOOOOO much time in the original Unreal Tournament online (Facing Worlds map...sooo good). It's no wonder their shooting mechanics in Warframe are so wonderfully good.

There's supposed to be a big announcement at Tennocon this year. I'm really excited to see what it is as the last Storyline update (The Sacrifice) left us hanging on a HUGE cliffhanger!

Also amazing that they are still consistently in the top 10 played games on Steam, a position they've maintained for well over 2 years now.

Nice to think that Warframe saved the company and I helped (I'm one of the people in the Founders program).

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back