Problems and Feature Requests

Only reason I noticed was because I saw the icon on my favourites list on my ipad/safari. :oops:
Yep, that's what it's for. Mobile/tablet doesn't use favicon, they need an OpenGraph logo specified. I have B3d and my site on my home screen on my phone so I ended up nagging Rys to set one :)

Have you heard of neurolinguistic programming? :p
Truthfully yes but I'm clueless about it. I'm just working with shrinks and therapists to try to deal with it, fixing the root problems ain't going to be easy or fun, but me and my daughter are working on a secret plan to make it better.

In a month things will either be much better or at least off center and out in the open..we're doing an intervention thingy on my wife in family therapy next. I dread it but think it's way past time.

Sorry for starting with a flip comment and getting all serious like that. Things are just going so well for my daughter that she wants to fix the problems with the family rather than just dealing with it. Made me proud, and if she's up for it then how can I not support it?

She also talked me into it by pointing out that I was being a hypocrite by just tolerating the behavior rather than confronting it and dealing with it.

DI'd I mention that I am incredibly proud of my daughter and feel damned lucky to have her. My son is actually improving and getting more active since one family session, so we're going to keep tricking the two who are against therapy in to therapy under the guise of "it's to help Maddy", but the truth is those sessions are to slowly confront those two with some of their behaviors they have to change.

Sorry for the rant, just didn't want anyone to think I was out on a ledge or something, I'm not. Doing fine, I've handled a LOT worse than this and handling this is just part of the stay at home parent thing.

I actually have learned a ton about CBS and have been digging the concept and applying it to myself and my problems, and I'll be damned if it hasn't been helping me not only with myself but to better understand other people too. (which knowing me means it'll just improve my social engineering skills even more, sorry it's just how I am)

Again, sorry for the rant. Sitting here in her therapist's office posting things helps me avoid conversations with the people waiting, and there are too many Trump supporters around me to feel like I could talk without REALLY pissing someone off and I promised Maddy I'd behave here. :)

Hi!

I remember there were changes in the forum not so long ago... The way it was organized, etc.

I want to know if this will change again. Mainly, if forums will be classified as generic hardware and generic software, rather than separating console from PC. In practice, it's not possible to separate consoles from PC all the time. A multiplat game will have two different threads, one for consoles and another one for PC, and even like this, in the PC thread console discussion will show up and vice-versa (specially when in the console thread we're discussing Digital Foundry's comparisons).

Hardware could have a PC forum (with subforums like modding, etc.) and a consoles forum, indeed, as well as other forums such as tablets/other devices, etc. Software could have a gaming forum (here we could discuss all games, and a single game would have a single thread, instead of one for consoles and another one for PC) and an apps/other software forum, etc.

I don't remember how the forum was before this last big change, so maybe my questions may seem stupid because I can even be asking to revert things as how they were before (was it like this? and if that was the case, what was the problem?), but I just want to know.

Thank you!

Hey guys... I'm having some performance issues with the forum. Making posts, and liking other peoples' posts are both quite slow - multiple seconds of delay before posts are posted and likes register.

Browsing the forum is as fast as you could wish, and editing a post that was recently posted is also fast; saving the edit registers immediately. It's just the initial posting which is quite slow for some reason...

Using chrome 60.0.3112.113 right now, but it's been liek this for a while now so if it's a chrome issue it's probably not just this one particular version that's affected.

*Edit: of course, this post posted immediately... *shrug* Typical! :p

I've just noticed that same thing too. Using Firefox with Ublock Origin and no-script, my stripped browser for fast cruising and there was definite input lag between hitting the submit button and the post posting. At least a few seconds, and the same thing too with "likes" occasionally.

EDITED BITS: This posted slow as hell too, and I forgot to mention I'm on win10 pro x64 and my FF version is 55.0.3 (32-bit).

My "Like" of your posts just minute before this post here was slow too.

EDIT: The posting of this post was around 7 seconds before it posted.

EDIT2: The edit of the post was around 3 - 4 seconds.

EDIT3: The edit of the edit was around 0.5 second

My "Like" of your posts just minute before this post here was slow too.
Hey, @BRiT , anywhere when the things I said here a few posts ago could be discussed? Or the current forum structure was explained enough and it's not going to change? In such case, could you please redirect me to the pertinent thread?

Thank you!

PS: I felt the slowness, too, while posting.

We are suffering from severely degraded I/O performance on the host that runs the forum VMs. Investigating. There might be some downtime as a result, sorry about that in advance.

The RAID1 array that hosts the filesystem for the VM disk store is undergoing a consistency check, triggered by the host. It's scheduled to complete in around 3 hours at the current rate. Thankfully the trigger was just elapsed time, rather than a degraded array due to a dead disk or anything like that.

I'm going to wait for that to finish and then investigate a bit further. Sorry for the poor performance until then.

I ran some monitoring overnight just to make sure the consistency check was the reason for the degraded performance. Looks like it was, and the forums should now have their original speed back.

You shouldn't be, everything's back to normal as far as the monitoring can tell.

Arite, fair enough, but do these jobs need to have such high priority that they severely impact the functioning of the board software?

Ugh whatever is scheduled at 1am UTC can it be moved to 4 or 5 am?

I guess it's not possible to see ALL alerts ever received (like you can with likes) instead of just the ones from the last couple of weeks? Can it be implemented perhaps?

I guess it's not possible to see ALL alerts ever received (like you can with likes) instead of just the ones from the last couple of weeks? Can it be implemented perhaps?
There's a hard limit of 30 days for alerts that's part of XenForo's structure. You don't really want hundreds of thousands (millions on bigger boards) of alerts building up in the database.

Why do you want to see alerts from months/years ago?

Back