Tablet digitizers and wish

Sxotty

Legend
Is there somewhere to find out which digitizer tablets use? I want a windows tablet with good pen support meaning wacom or ntrig. I have been looking but reviews don't bother mentioning it and often barely even use the pen. I have to dig through web too long for each one to figure it out.

My dream tablet doesn't exist I am not sure if it can. Basically it is new surface with pen tilt support etc, thunderbolt connector, ability to use eGPU and also to act as secondary monitor for desktop. The last but might not be possible, but seems pretty cool. Someone should make it.

Is there somewhere to find out which digitizer tablets use? I want a windows tablet with good pen support meaning wacom or ntrig. I have been looking but reviews don't bother mentioning it and often barely even use the pen. I have to dig through web too long for each one to figure it out.

My dream tablet doesn't exist I am not sure if it can. Basically it is new surface with pen tilt support etc, thunderbolt connector, ability to use eGPU and also to act as secondary monitor for desktop. The last but might not be possible, but seems pretty cool. Someone should make it.

Basically just have to look to reviews to see what digitizer any given tablet uses. Not all reviews will mention it, however. So the tablets that get the most reviews are the ones with the greatest chance to find out.

It's possible to use any windows connected display (which includes tablets) as a secondary monitor. There's plenty of programs out there that provide that functionality. All that is required is a network connection. The same goes for any iOS or Android device.

Regards,
SB

When I did something like that in the past it was quite laggy. Are you saying it works better now? I can't draw on it with lag like that which is why I was hoping for direct connection.

Orange thanks. Once they get tilt support I can just buy the Eve and a surface pen it sound like.

Last edited:
When I did something like that in the past it was quite laggy. Are you saying it works better now? I can't draw on it with lag like that which is why I was hoping for direct connection.

I'm actually not sure on that. While I've looked into them for various reasons, I haven't actually used one to use a networked display as a secondary display.

I do know that at least on the Apple side of the fence, some people are successfully using these types of applications to allow them to use their iPad Pro as a drawing tablet for their desktop systems using MacOS. The reason for this is that iOS is extremely limited when it comes to production quality applications. However, I don't recall seeing anyone mentioning latency (good or bad), only that it "worked."

That isn't really necessary for the Windows side of the fence, however, as all Windows tablets are currently full Windows devices so I haven't really read much about Windows users doing something similar.

Regards,
SB

Back