AMD Vega Hardware Reviews

PCPer's preview isn't without its fair share of twilight zone material, like the Fury X consuming 180W in some benchmarks.
That Tomb Raider benchmark? Bottlenecking from tessellation saves a lot of power. Conveniently, that seems also the test were Fury X is furthest behind Vega.

Why is the Fury X so efficient?
Efficiency always takes performance into account. How is Fury X's performance in this particular test?

Last edited:
As much as memory BW is important, it can't explain everything. A 1070 has 256GB/s. FE has almost 500.

I really hope not but it's possible they messed up the IMC again and the card's effective memory bandwidth is far below the theoretical bandwidth. I don't think it's enough to explain the regression though.

Gamersnexus puts Vega FE between gtx1070 and gtx1080 in gaming performance, but for some strange reason they removed both the 1070 and 1080 from the final power consumption results, leaving only Titan/1080Ti results which are higher and closer to Vega FE's.
They should have also included at least one Quadro card in the professional benchmarks.

They removed the Fury X in game bench too, with is sad because in some game it's on par with 1070. Being a Fury X owner, my interest is to see what gain exists between the two...

Gamersnexus puts Vega FE between gtx1070 and gtx1080 in gaming performance, but for some strange reason they removed both the 1070 and 1080 from the final power consumption results, leaving only Titan/1080Ti results which are higher and closer to Vega FE's.
They should have also included at least one Quadro card in the professional benchmarks.
Looks like they also removed the Vega FE power/thermal "overclock results", but display the TitanXp results in the System power/consumption bar graphs.

Reactions: rcf
Why shouldn't they do that if they are attempting to make comparisons? I'd assume it was tested similar to the TitanXp.

I mean, why would they remove results? Or weren't those results there in the first place and they only omitted them?

Not sure. Looking at the comments someone reminded him(3 hrs ago) to include "For Honor" results, so maybe they will add missing pieces throughout the day.

I mean, why would they remove results? Or weren't those results there in the first place and they only omitted them?
WattMan bug resulting in memory frequency being halved after core is overclocked. Thus their 'OC' results showed lower performance than stock, and are not a setting an end-user would ever want.

Back