Direct3D feature levels discussion

Dx12 enabled for Fermi?

jIutxKO.jpg

To my shock and disbelief dx12 is enabled for fermi on this driver and is fully functional, Kinda bizarre they didn't list it in the changelog.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5447973&postcount=64

Do not trust too much what drivers says, resource binding tier 2 was tailored for NVIDIA "esoteric" CB support (I am not sure about UAV limit support...).
As for Fermi: it's a little too late?

I guess they are trying to fulfill a promise they made. Maybe to avoid a potential lawsuit?
Perhaps.

I mean it's about the worst kept secret in the world that NVIDIA has been in possession of working (though perhaps not production-ready) Fermi DX12 drivers for quite some time. The issue has always been that by the time real DX12 games came along, pretty much anything in the world would be more important for the driver team to work on than DX12 on Fermi. Which is why I'm delightfully flabbergasted to see it now, when Fermi is sub-10% of NV's active user base.

There are still many GF108 based cards in sale by NV partners. Such as GT 610, 620, 630, 710 and 730 with 128 bit GDDR3 configurations. I'd imagine it is simpler for NV to have one driver with unified set of API supports than having to maintain separate branch just for Fermi.

I mean it's about the worst kept secret in the world that NVIDIA has been in possession of working (though perhaps not production-ready) Fermi DX12 drivers for quite some time.
I was not even aware that this was not common knowlegde (with people who are interested in those subjects in the first place).

I was not even aware that this was not common knowlegde (with people who are interested in those subjects in the first place).
Fair enough. 3DMark DX12 Fermi results have been showing up for I want to say the past 18-24 months now? It was on a dev driver branch, which is why it's not been seen outside of structured benchmark results.

I updated my console tool to check for experimental SM6 support in the graphics driver - use the /sm6 option in the command prompt: checkfeatures /sm6 or just run checkfeatures_experimental.cmd

Requires Windows 10 version 1703 (build 15063) or higher - need to enable the developer mode first:
Windows 10 Settings - Update & Security - For developers - Use developer features - Developer mode

Can anyone please check if Nvidia drivers have experimental SM6 support on Maxwell and Pascal? I know It's been supported for some time on GCN...

Last edited:
Code:
Direct3D 12 feature checker (July 2017) by DmitryKo
https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1840641/

Windows 10 version 1607 (build 14393)
Warning: experimental features are not supported

ADAPTER 0
"NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti"
VEN_10DE, DEV_17C8, SUBSYS_49923842, REV_A1
Dedicated video memory : 3221225472  bytes
Total video memory : 4294901760  bytes
Video driver version : 22.21.13.8476
Maximum feature level : D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_12_1 (0xc100)
DoublePrecisionFloatShaderOps : 1
OutputMergerLogicOp : 1
MinPrecisionSupport : D3D12_SHADER_MIN_PRECISION_SUPPORT_NONE (0)
TiledResourcesTier : D3D12_TILED_RESOURCES_TIER_3 (3)
ResourceBindingTier : D3D12_RESOURCE_BINDING_TIER_3 (3)
PSSpecifiedStencilRefSupported : 0
TypedUAVLoadAdditionalFormats : 1
ROVsSupported : 1
ConservativeRasterizationTier : D3D12_CONSERVATIVE_RASTERIZATION_TIER_1 (1)
StandardSwizzle64KBSupported : 0
CrossNodeSharingTier : D3D12_CROSS_NODE_SHARING_TIER_NOT_SUPPORTED (0)
CrossAdapterRowMajorTextureSupported : 0
VPAndRTArrayIndexFromAnyShaderFeedingRasterizerSupportedWithoutGSEmulation : 1
ResourceHeapTier : D3D12_RESOURCE_HEAP_TIER_1 (1)
MaxGPUVirtualAddressBitsPerResource : 40
MaxGPUVirtualAddressBitsPerProcess : 40
Adapter Node 0:         TileBasedRenderer: 0, UMA: 0, CacheCoherentUMA: 0
HighestShaderModel : D3D12_SHADER_MODEL_5_1 (0x0051)
WaveOps : 1
WaveLaneCountMin : 32
WaveLaneCountMax : 32
TotalLaneCount : 45056
ExpandedComputeResourceStates : 1
Int64ShaderOps : 1
RootSignature.HighestVersion : D3D_ROOT_SIGNATURE_VERSION_1_1 (2)

Back