AMD GPU Supply Exhausted By Cryptocurrency Mining, AIBs Now Directly Advertising To Miners

Hmmm, I have a 290, and if I somehow find a way to only have it mining only in the hours my solar system is generating, this might be worth it. If nothing else it could help pay off my solar system quicker, and I won't feel guilty about wasting power just to make some money...

Just checked my regular online store and all 580's 570's are sold out there too. This wasn't the case a month ago. Electricity rates are higher here, so it's either still viable despite that, or global supply is effecting local stock.

Vega is still an unknown for mining, most miners take some time to correctly implement new hardware and make it efficient for mining. Vega is not a bigger Polaris so it'll take some time for it to get up to speed. My recommendation is that if you really want a Vega GPU, get them at launch.

Vega is still an unknown for mining, most miners take some time to correctly implement new hardware and make it efficient for mining. Vega is not a bigger Polaris so it'll take some time for it to get up to speed. My recommendation is that if you really want a Vega GPU, get them at launch.
the intention is that, I've saved 300€ for it, but it is going to cost more, plus I am going to need a new PSU, my 450W one isn't going to make the cut I think

This is why I'm hoping that reviews will be allowed to come out at least 1-2 weeks before hardware starts shipping. So that I can properly determine whether I really want one or not as I'm assuming the price is going to be much higher than I would want to spend on a GPU (the 1070 was much higher than what I typically want to spend on a GPU, for example).

Regards,
SB

How do you mine ethereum and decred?

I tried claymore miner and oh boy... It have no gui, and the help is not clear.
. Sure it have examples, but it was not clear where I would get those values to input into the command.

How do you mine ethereum and decred?

I tried claymore miner and oh boy... It have no gui, and the help is not clear.
. Sure it have examples, but it was not clear where I would get those values to input into the command.
Nicehash puts a GUI around claymore. I found it from a pcper.com article.

Tweaktown had a nice little editorial article on Awesome Miner the other week, and a guide to getting set up, although just don't use the pool in the article.

Damn looks like Xbox One X has found an ally in cryptocurrency. I can't see the craze dying down for quite a while, and that means high demand and high prices on videocards. Geforce and RX lineup have turned from a toy into a financial commodity...

Damn looks like Xbox One X has found an ally in cryptocurrency. I can't see the craze dying down for quite a while, and that means high demand and high prices on videocards. Geforce and RX lineup have turned from a toy into a financial commodity...

Maybe I will have to bite the bullet and get an Xbox One X...

Maybe Microsoft should optimize the Xbox One X for mining, they will fly off the shelves :)

The original question was specifically about dual mining DCR + ETH. You mentioned using nicehash, which only yields you BTC. Hence i said 'no' as I was feeling the point raised was not addressed.

not sure if its due to the cryptomining craze, but the store were I purchased my PC ran out of NVidia 1060 now, and the 1070 is quite expensive, I think it cost around 400€ a few days ago and it costs 510€ now, like at launch date. Building a medium-high PC has become a very difficult task.

cheapest 1070 in stock here is 562.68 EUR.

Found an entry ( http://www.cel.ro/placi-video/placa...-gaming-acx-3.0-8gb-gddr5-256bit-pMiA1PDIr-l/ ) which costs 950 + EUR. Two hours ago it had those cards available (while now it says the availability is uncertain). Maybe they realized it's a mistake and made them unavailable. I do hope no one actually made such a purchase
seems like stock is gone again, some RX cards were available for a few hours, but miners have their F5 button always ready and now they are gone again --not necessarily the 1070s, but their price is higher now.

some of the comments...well, I can understand those people:

The market of cryptocoins has been unstable this week, it seems:

http://www.investopedia.com/news/ethereum-price-crash-vitalek-buterin/

whether this is a bubble or not, we shall see

I can't believe there isn't bigger legislative push against mining. Could there be more dangerous way of creating a currency?

There should be legislation, at least regarding environmental concerns IMO.

From what I've read, most of the handling of cryptocurrencies falls under existing laws for investments and commodities, which includes things like capital gains taxes for individuals. The exchanges fall under additional financial oversight, given their interaction with official currencies, large amounts of value, and additional obligations with regards to things like fraud and money laundering.

Laws for markets based on speculating on commodities at least from a high level appear to be applicable to much of how these cryptocurrencies are being treated by most miners. At least some governments are taking notice at various points, not so much the currency aspect that these exchange media lack the stability or convertibility to hold a candle to existing ones, but for when they're used to skirt the law.

There's tax evasion, but I think China took more specific notice once Bitcoin was being used to circumvent capital controls.

Back