AMD Vega 10, Vega 11, Vega 12 and Vega 20 Rumors and Discussion

I am only going to discuss stuff related to our game... you can ask Rys to spill more beans...
How many fps does your game get on your new card compared to your old card?

Also I'll follow your advice... @Rys can you at least tell us if Vega supports conservative rasterization and ROV's? or tell me when I can expect that info to come out.

Wait... The card is officially out but owners can't talk about it? What.
Considering, that the card just went out today, I think it is possible that he just got it directly from AMD. Possibly, he doesn't what to risk, what he can or can't talk about :)

By the way, why is everybody (not only on this forum) so wrapped up about Vega FE's market segment. It seems pretty clear that they are targeting the Titan segment whatever that is. Something around prosumer, supposedly. Not only that, but they seem to be copying NVIDIA, who also launched GP102 first in Titan. And yes, I realize that right now AMD doesn't have an answer in the high end, but if you are supply limited, would you rather sell your supply for $500-600 a piece or for $1000-1500? TBH, especially with the mining craze right now, if they launch say 10000 cards at $600, it is not clear if any card would end up in gamers' hands, anyway.

Just saw Roy Taylor post a link up to this on his Facebook account, I still can't quite believe it's real. Please someone tell me it's a joke and not real!

If that's real, I am not taking it as a good sign for the card. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw Roy Taylor post a link up to this on his Facebook account, I still can't quite believe it's real. Please someone tell me it's a joke and not real!

It's called marketing, they're hyping up the release. What does it have to do with the quality of the product itself? What's your main problem with it?

I take it as zero signs for the card, which is just as much as all other RTG marketing stunts so far.

Did the "make some noise" thing ever tell you anything about the cards they were presenting? Or even the Walter cross-promotion?

You know what's the best marketing for this segment? Numbers :p

Exactly. I don't know who/how RTG got convinced these hollow stunts will bring them more sales and marketshare. Maybe I'm wrong and lots of people buy their cards based on YouTube videos about random pasta, but I'd think most people buy their cards based on public benchmarks from websites or from word of mouth, both of which these videos contribute nothing for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps devs who got it for free have extended NDAs?
Or maybe @sebbbi just doesn't have the free time in his hands to do something someone else will do within hours..

Weirdest release ever, regardless.
I imagine it's a combination of both. It would not be far fetched to believe that Sebbbi was identified to receive hardware before everyone else to provide feedback where necessary; his knowledge and understanding of GCN is top shelf.

I could not have been the only one left waiting for "screw this, we'll just play games" punchline ala 3dfx ads of yore?

I handed the board to him myself earlier today in Helsinki, over a beer. The joys of looking after Game Engineering for Europe. Full architecture details will come out later, can't spoil that, but it is FL 12_1 top tier for everything.

I handed the board to him myself earlier today in Helsinki, over a beer. The joys of looking after Game Engineering for Europe. Full architecture details will come out later, can't spoil that, but it is FL 12_1 top tier for everything.

Thank you. BTW Does it run Hunt? :p

Back