AMD Vega 10, Vega 11, Vega 12 and Vega 20 Rumors and Discussion

VR tests done on a Xeon E5, not exactly a high end gaming CPU. I'm sure the scores would be impacted a lot by CPU performance?

This is one of the weirdest launches in recent years.

Releasing a card for a new & niche market when having no gaming upper-mainstream+ for so many months is strange. However, not releasing a single bloody PDF filled with details/boasting about the shiny new architecture... Well, this is a WTF moment for me.

Has the press-deck NDA really expired by now? Cause it's mind-boggling they don't really won't to mark a clear line and cut them selves from the old, rusty, dusted, power hungry, 6 years old GCN. Unless the GFX9 == GFX8 == ... == Tahiti.

Just got a Vega FE. Going to test some fp16 optimizations tomorrow. I have a few juicy targets :)

At some point I also need to test the paging system. It is awesome that we finally have automated paging on graphics workloads. Let's see how it manages a 32 GB volume texture :)

Update: Maybe I should buy extra 32 GB RAM to test with 64 GB volume texture instead :)

Last edited:
Just got a Vega FE. Going to test some fp16 optimizations tomorrow. I have a few juicy targets :)

At some point I also need to test the paging system. It is awesome that we finally have automated paging on graphics workloads. Let's see how it manages a 32 GB volume texture :)

Update: Maybe I should buy extra 32 GB RAM to test with 64 GB volume texture instead :)

Would there be any tunable test routines or existing shaders tiled to existing GPU memory pools? I'm curious if there are any changes to the contours of the hierarchy.
Not to demand anything from your time, but would it be possible to run the graphics/compute synthetic from the DX12 thread?

I suppose it's too early to try something like this...
;)

Back