Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice [PS4, 4Pro, XO, OneX, XBSX|S]

I really like the mood and atmosphere...dark, gritty and dangerous.

I was one of the few that did enjoy the combat in Heavenly Sword quite a bit. I am curious, how it compares.

As a major hint to the devs: make this game's combat super challenging and unforgiving...most gamers will praise it, or at least respectfully give it a nod (see DS and BB :D).

Second tip: stay in realism and make it super gory (won't happen)...but this is something that hardly any dev gets right: getting a full hit by a Zweihänder is devastating and does not only cause a 2 inch scratch.

Iirc, there is only one game series that does this right: can't remember the name (Bushido Blade??) but it was one of those Samurai fighting games. A single well timed blow could kill instantly. Heavy hits did cause major impact (bleeding which fastly drains health, or limb disfunction).

This looks more like PoP 2009 than Heavenly Sword in terms of gameplay. Still undecided on the combat but i like her look and the general mood this is going for.

New webdoc
The game looks great, but the first thing I noticed when I saw the image for this video was how unrealistic the elbow looks. With all the advances in graphics, animations, etc., it's a bit frustrating how joints still look quite weird at times.

It kind of makes me think of playing For Honor or Dark Souls fused with Limbo/Inside. Something about the atmosphere and how quiet the game is makes me think of Limbo and Inside.

I see loads of walking. Hopefully it's not gonna be forced on you because "immersion":rolleyes:
"Because immersion" >>>>> "Because potato".

Honestly, what's the big deal? If you want faster motion, try a racing game. :p

Nevermind, I respect your taste.

Your taste for racing games, I mean.

"Because immersion" >>>>> "Because potato".

Honestly, what's the big deal? If you want faster motion, try a racing game. :p

Nevermind, I respect your taste.

Your taste for racing games, I mean.

I think what he meant was that some games actually force you to walk, with segments where you're literally unable to run as you would otherwise do because "it's the scene". I think The Order was one of them and it was pretty annoying.

I think what he meant was that some games actually force you to walk, with segments where you're literally unable to run as you would otherwise do because "it's the scene". I think The Order was one of them and it was pretty annoying.
Yes, I know what he meant. I guess I can't help being a troll, sometimes (with love). :cool:

Seriously, I don't have an absolute opinion on this. It depends on the case, it's not a thing I usually worry about. One thing is sure: I prefer not to watch/read as much as possible, so when the moment comes, my opinion/feelings will be authentic and not conditioned in any way by others' opinions (regarding if this or that is superawesome or a bore).

I have an absolute opinion on this: if you wanna walk, then walk. It's a video game and you can adjust the speed as you see fit. I think there's literally nothing that's more immersion breaking than pointlessly taking a player's control options away unless there's a gameplay related reason for it (i.e. the character is hurt and cannot run anymore).

Lol it makes me remember when Heavenly Sword didn't feature any " jump button " or free jump mechanic. but was just contextual or QTE related in some plateforming sequence If i remember. Was really weird for aan action beath them all game.
Was kind shocked too when I played TLOU the first time as I was used to the jump from Uncharted but got used to it. And it made sense.

Nice, looks stunning. Simple but effective. It almost reminds me of a what a modern Silent Hill game could be like. The fellas at Ninja Theory are clearly very talented at making cinematic narrative game and the emotions exerted from Senua was very engaging. This is the best trailer yet.

Back