God of War [PS4, PC]

I hope is that this time around the game uses proper physics lol. If i remember previous GOW didn't implement physics at all. Was weird sometimes. Unless they do it for an aesthetic or performance purpose.
What i like in games is having enemies react to every hits you make. Also the fact that air combos and juggle won't make it this time probably cause they will stick to a more realistic ground fighting mechanic I suppose.

Really liking the change of style, I was bored with the 2.5d gameplay, I mean without the ability to control, the camera, the previous games had. It was time for a full 3d gow game.

What the hell does "Kratos is Worthy" mean?
+1
I never understood the joke either, if any :p
Do you guys even Marvel :LOL:?
In Marvel continuity, Mjolnir is forged by Dwarven blacksmiths, and is composed of the fictional Asgardian metal uru. The side of the hammer carries the inscription "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor
And of course we all know Kratos is more than worthy.

Little information on the storyline from a Cory Balrog's interview it seems. Could be considered a bit of a spoiler so be careful.

"and in this interview he said: "Kratos realized that he is cursed and can't even die, and he is condemned to wander for the eternity, and if he doesn't want to get insane, he needs to change". In some of last year's interviews, he said that no one would die in this game, neither Kratos nor his son and a sequel is still planned with him. So quit the idea of him (at least) dying".

God of War and God of Death duo? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ As long as kratos lives, his son would have a permanent job or something.

Last edited:
Hm, the E3 stuff didn't really do it for me. It is actually the graphics (or better, the style) that I don't dig right now. It seems very dark and muted, whereas Kratos in Greece was always quite shiny and vivid somehow. I understand that the North looks different to Greece, so do the monsters...I just need to get used to it, also to the Axe combat. For me, the dynamics of the chain based combat is unmatched in any game to date and what made Kratos so visceral and unbeatable powerful (I never really used the other weapons he had)...so I am skeptical about the changes right now. Maybe it just needs to grow a bit on me (of course it is still insta buy, as it has Kratos :)

Also, very little gameplay was shown...so I am scratching my head and think, why even bother showing this trailer at E3 main stage...to reveal story spoilers?? Meh, stupid Sony.

Kratos never feels "too cold"..."too cold" is kids talk!
Kratos slashes "too cold" and tears it apart :cool:
Yeah, right. The moment the camera's off him, he's under a thermal blanket drinking hot cocoa, grumbling about the role he's landed and how he needs a better agent. In his own, squeaky, high-pitched voice, because he has a voice double. And his kid is played by a 22 year old.

Shifty Geezer - ruining the magic of Hollywood since 1992!

They really should make a movie out of it, no, not Clash of the Titan cheesy but darker, more gory and serious in tone. I can't believe they made 6 dumpster stink Resident Evil movies but not a single GOW, Hollywood should be ashamed!

The Axe is called Leviathan
http://www.glixel.com/interviews/it...-of-war-creative-director-cory-barlog-w488948

Kratos, though older and wiser than we've seen him before, is still a formidable warrior – now wielding a powerful battle axe called Leviathan, forged by the dwarven blacksmiths that also fashioned Thor's hammer, Mjolnir. Atreus, born into this new world is, to some extent, the brains of the operation. While he struggles to defend himself (although he can be triggered to attack targets with a bow and arrow using a dedicated button on the controller) his core skill is interpreting the new world for his father, serving as translator and guide.

Our game is so much bigger than anything we've ever done. God of War 2 was big – and I just kept adding stuff to the point that it had the biggest footprint you could imagine because we wanted to execute on the vision. This one is so much bigger, but I'm just as ignorant.

Yeah, right. The moment the camera's off him, he's under a thermal blanket drinking hot cocoa, grumbling about the role he's landed and how he needs a better agent. In his own, squeaky, high-pitched voice, because he has a voice double. And his kid is played by a 22 year old.

Shifty Geezer - ruining the magic of Hollywood since 1992!

Like in the famous Rocky IV snow running scene...ha ha ha.

Back