Project I.G.I: We're Going In

green.pixel

Veteran
New Project I.G.I game is being developed by studio Artplant founded by former Innerloop devs of the original games. It is funded by a government grant.

Title of the game is "IGI - Vi går inn!", which translated is "IGI - We're going in", which looks like a play on the original title. It will supposedly feature "the freedom the series has become known for.".

They've got the IP from Square Enix, although SE still owns the publishing rights for the first two games, so it seens unlikely they are going to be re-released.

http://www.pressfire.no/nyheter/PC/12017/syv-millioner-til-tte-nye-norske-spill
http://www.pressfire.no/nyheter/PC/11558/kjper-tilbake-project-igi-lisensen

159737.png

They have to use a Flight-Simulator engine, otherwise it's not the real deal. :D
Anyway, best tactical shooter I played.

Wow, this takes me all the way back to the days where multiple games would fit on a single CD-R.

Weren't all the weapons and enemies perfectly accurate regardless of distance? And no in-mission saves on those long missions. I liked the huge maps though. I never got close to beating the game however.

Last edited:
No saves, that's correct. I think accurate ballistics was too much for the CPUs back then. It was accurate "shooting" in the sense that it gave a way better feeling than competing games. Which was Soldiers of Fortune etc. AFAIR.

No saves, that's correct. I think accurate ballistics was too much for the CPUs back then. It was accurate "shooting" in the sense that it gave a way better feeling than competing games. Which was Soldiers of Fortune etc. AFAIR.

Delta Force back in 1998 had bullet drop as well as other ballistics modeling. By 2000, CPUs were far more powerful so Project IGI could have modeled something had they put in the effort or wanted to.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/07/15/delta-force-retrospective/

I played the crap out of that game. The view distance and levels were so massive compared to anything of that era.

Anyway there were games of that era that tried to model some characteristics of ballistics.

Regards,
SB

Yeah I don't think it needs to be CPU intensive just to not have all bullets go to the exact pixel you are aiming at. N64 games Goldeneye and Perfect Dark had varying weapon and enemy accuracy (though they also have auto-aim to various degrees). Quake 2's machine gun has its trademark accuracy-crippling recoil. Etc.

Last edited:
Hopefully they'll keep no-in mission saves, or implement brutal checkpoints Far Cry 1 style. Maybe even go beyond, and be the first devs and the game since Tekki/Steel Batallion to have the balls to have your save game erased when you character dies. Perhaps make it exclusive for something like NG mode.

Delta Force back in 1998 had bullet drop as well as other ballistics modeling. By 2000, CPUs were far more powerful so Project IGI could have modeled something had they put in the effort or wanted to.

Ok, fair enough. Maybe it had something to do with the engine choice. We need(ed) a post mortem. :)

Hopefully they'll keep no-in mission saves, or implement brutal checkpoints Far Cry 1 style. Maybe even go beyond, and be the first devs and the game since Tekki/Steel Batallion to have the balls to have your save game erased when you character dies. Perhaps make it exclusive for something like NG mode.
Maybe take some cues from Alien Isolation on Nightmare where everything easily kills you (health is meaningless), your equipment barely works, there's hardly any ammo or supplies, it's almost just luck as to whether you survive the next 10 feet of walking, and there is an achievement for 100 deaths. Probably best to keep that to a Nightmare setting though.

Last edited:
Back