Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

Probably don't work well in VR. They are tuned for controllers which aren't immersive and people seemed to get nauseated by the disassociation. You'd need a way to control the game with its pace, or more likely a bespoke solution that's tuned for VR, slower, more realistic, with a different interface. And why bother making that for an maximum audience of a few million when there's hundreds of millions of potential buyers for your normal game?

Very true about the pace indeed. Bethesda is bringing Doom VFR which is also a FPS game, although I guess that by its nature is not much of a free roaming experience, compared to those games (less outdoor areas, more like an on rails experience with the illusion of freedom). Still, they could try to have "something" to play with it, just like Rockstar did with Arkham VR. But yes, I guess it may not make sense financially.

I just got so much into my PSVR that I really would hate for it to fade away :D

What good is the standalone headsets without all the other gear?

Standalone in the sense of not including the camera and controllers. Some people already have Move controllers and the PS4 Camera.

Oh. That makes more sense than just the headset. :LOL:

I had the camera since 2013, as at the time the playroom minigames were really popular with the family kids, and the camera is rather good at allowing multiplayer chat without having to use a headset.

95% of the PSVR games don't need or even work with the Move controllers, so I don't plan on buying them either.

In my case, buying the standalone headset was all I needed.

Plenty of PSVR games are heavily discounted on PSN at the moment. Grabbed the Pinball FX VR season pass myself because it's down from €25 to 12€ right now.

Yup. I do not know how it is on PSVR but I got it free on Vive and it is complete garbage.

I was quite surprised at LB comments above, the game is not good. I cannot imagine it is better on the PSVR.

anybody buy more VR games in a month than non VR games?

Im like... jeez! games is an expensive entertainment, and i usually pace myself with non-VR games. But with VR games, i keeps buying it! Faster than i can finish them! (and vr games are short!)

i wonder, how high PSVR attach rate is.

I have bought my first 5 games (apart form VR Worlds and Farpoint that came with the bundle, still waiting to see if I can get the PS VR Aim Controller before trying Farpoint) last week on PSN Sale: Batman Arkham VR, Keep talking and nobody explodes, Wayward Sky, Crystal Rift and UD:Rush of Blood. I have way more I want to buy, but that is enough for now, since I'm also playing Witcher 3 (and wondering how it would look in VR all the time!!!).

Back