Forza Motorsport 7 [XO, XPA, PC]

The Dubai track had a different TOD in the PC build which was used as a source for the earlier videos. The Xbox One X build on the show floor had this vastly more realistic lighting TOD (the PC build looked like a mid-day setting which has always looked like crap with it's super blue sky and overly contrasty colors like in Forza Horizon during the same TOD).

The Dubai track vids that you are referring to are not about TOD but Gamersyde trying to convert a HDR source into an SDR source so it didn't look correct.

The Dubai track vids that you are referring to are not about TOD but Gamersyde trying to convert a HDR source into an SDR source so it didn't look correct.
Nope that is in entirely different issue (that obviously didn't help), but if you go back and watch all the videos posted on YouTube and you will see that the PC version (or simply the build that was running at the pre-show press only event) had a different TOD with a different sun position and cloud formations.
FnepE8w.jpg

2aMD0KP.jpg

shadow position looks the same in both pics, if we compare shadows on the dashboard and shadow of the car.
But one has clouds, and the other seems to have a sand storm coming from the left ? Could effect the lighting, especially the sandstorm.

OK just had a couple of test runs on my Z9 and they did look quite stunning:). I could easily see the much brighter highlights, finer shadow and color gradient and everything just had more pop. Works the best when there're tons of highlights like the end of the second video. Graphically the game isn't much but the HDR really brings a new layer of wowness to the whole experience, hope Gamersyde upload more HDR feeds especially God of War, Anthem and maybe GTS;).

It's the best looking racing game bar none. The gamersyde videos are shockingly good, played them on my ks8000 and ..wow they look phenomenal . Can't wait to see forza horizon 3 running on the x1x. Pretty much trounces gt sports, not that gts is a particularly good looking racer anyway.

Demo is out for PC and Console
Downloading on PC
Wondering how the S looks. The available media showed only the X and PC version

Demo is out for PC and Console
Downloading on PC
Wondering how the S looks. The available media showed only the X and PC version
Played on my PC. Could almost max out 4K@60 ultra everything.
4xMSAA made it easier.

I'll try with Gsync and see what I can get away with. Probably need more system ram I think. Level loading can be long.

Played on my PC. Could almost max out 4K@60 ultra everything.
4xMSAA made it easier.

I'll try with Gsync and see what I can get away with. Probably need more system ram I think. Level loading can be long.
Yes very long. Also....no restart in the demo. How annoying. You are forced to quit if you want to start from the beginning (and you have to wait to watch needless screens until you can get back to the menu). Also HDR is missing in the PC version?
Nice visuals though. Cant say I was mindblown but still very nice.
Maxed out 4k@60fps but I think there have been a few small framedrops.
For some peculiar reason my framerate counter doesnt show up with this game :s

Yes very long. Also....no restart in the demo. How annoying. You are forced to quit if you want to start from the beginning. Also HDR is missing in the PC version?
Nice visuals though. Cant say I was mindblown but still very nice.
Maxed out 4k@60fps but for some reason I think there have been a few small framedrops.
For some peculiar reason my framerate counter doesnt show up with this game :s
Yes I was eating similar dips. I was wondering if it had to do with system memory, or just a lack of overall bandwidth. Not sure to be honest.

One thing that stabbed me was leaving the dynamic settings on once. For some reason it dropped everything to super low. Like.. well below X1S settings LOL

Last edited:
Would be nice if they added a tracker for vid & sys mem.

edit:
i5-750, 16GB RAM, 7870

A slight bit of hitching every now and then, which I assume is thei5-750 chugging on asset streaming. I turned down most of the settings anyway because I don't really give a shit about reflections or shadows or grass or particle res.

Last edited:
Played this at 4k with 150% resolution scale and Ultra settings and it doesn't drop a frame. Looks nice but the drop in quality versus FH3 is obvious, the alpha effects being the worst offender. Material shading is very nice though and AA seems improved :)

Looks nice but the drop in quality versus FH3 is obvious

60 FPS completely locked is such a bear.

Staggering to remember this is running ~EIGHT TIMES the load of a 30 FPS 1080P game (well, will be on X1X).

Anyways I got the demo to check out the HDR. Looks nice enough.

No point in trying the demo as I have a regular Xbox One and my PC screen doesn't support HDR. So I'll just wait until we get the final version on the X1X. Maybe it'll come discounted by then :D

60 FPS completely locked is such a bear.

Staggering to remember this is running ~EIGHT TIMES the load of a 30 FPS 1080P game (well, will be on X1X).

Anyways I got the demo to check out the HDR. Looks nice enough.
Not completely locked though. Drops + screen tearing can occur when there is rain.

Back