The Annual Is this the worst E3 Ever? [2017 Edition]

That is why i said : "Battlefront is over 7 millions and well over 10 millions of views if you add all the gameplay videos. It was probably the real king of E3"

But if you only take into account the official trailer, then Spiderman is way ahead of Battlefront 2

PS5 it is a bit early. :) Games liks Dreams and Wild games will probably have presentation during the european event.... And this is probably the reason no GT Sport trailer during the E3 conference only during the pre show... GT sales are huge in Europe...

And some japanese games during the TGS and maybe Sucker Punch teaser, TLOU2 gameplay and Death Stranding during PSX...
It's not too early to have a spec sheet and be developing on a pc close to that spec. Now the console are just closed box pcs we don't really know what's happening.

Personally I expect a ps5 breifing Feb 2018 or 2019 and a release later in whichever year.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Why? It's fading and losing importance. Putting everything into one show in a break-neck event competing with everyone else's attention isn't necessarily the best way to do it. Just let E3 pass you by with everyone else fighting for attention, and then hold your own events with the whole world's eyes on you alone. Makes sense, and it's worked for Apple, doing their own thing instead of sharing the world Mobile stage.

E3 itself is no longer a must-do event. Ultimately Sony could have ridden the E3 train by buying a cheap ticket. Don't bother with a show, have a big booth for the foot-fall showcasing VR and stuff, and save your trailers and attention seeking for when the world's not too busy with too much going on.

(If it were me, I'd do crazy awesome fun stuff and get everyone talking, using the setting to one's PR advantage.)

See, I have one problem with this statement. People have brought up the need to keep games back for PSX, Gamescon, TGS, etc. I watch most of E3 every year. Basically back to when I could get it online. I couldn't tell you when any of those other events are or anything that was ever first shown there. Not one. GDC yes, but it's not the same thing. I would be hard pressed to consider any of them as remotely as valuable as E3 coverage.

If you said they should ditch the whole theatrics thing and just have a sound stage with a few developers and journalists, trailers and teasers and broadcast it live, I would agree. Save millions and not annoy much of the press with the theater shows. But it would still be E3 as king of the hill for me.

So the whole point of doing conferences, and of course fighting over who won a conference, is really becoming less relevant by the year. Pointless.

2013's Microsoft really wishes you were right...

E3 is the ultimate pissing contest for videogame publishers and console makers. And always with ruinous results, but they can't just miss it.
You don't show up, you appear weak. You show up and don't put up the effort, you appear weak. You show up and try to appease everyone, you're not appeasing the core. You show up and try to appease the core, then you're just lame and trying too hard for the nerds.

The only time you win E3 is when all your direct competitors screw up so much, so badly and so consistently with everything they show/say that they become an enemy of the internet and you're considered the benevolent god of gaming in comparison.
That's Sony in 2013.

E3 is the ultimate pissing contest for videogame publishers and console makers. And always with ruinous results, but they can't just miss it.
You don't show up, you appear weak. You show up and don't put up the effort, you appear weak. You show up and try to appease everyone, you're not appeasing the core. You show up and try to appease the core, then you're just lame and trying too hard for the nerds.

The only time you win E3 is when all your direct competitors screw up so much, so badly and so consistently with everything they show/say that they become an enemy of the internet and you're considered the benevolent god of gaming in comparison.
That's Sony in 2013.

That's why I find these things so passé.

That's Sony in 2013.

What I find so amusing about your statement is it seems every year someone does exactly that. EA, MS, failure to show at all. Show up and don't fuck up shouldn't be asking that much. Not really.

Compare that to the launch of the PS4 Pro which as a big nothing burger. It was a big lead balloon.

There certainly weren't hundreds and hundreds of posts complaining Sony had lost the plot or that Pro was too expensive. They dodged the bullet that Microsoft took in the face.

I still don't get the negativity myself, X looks great but I never expected it to have Zen or be cheap.

There certainly weren't hundreds and hundreds of posts complaining Sony had lost the plot or that Pro was too expensive. They dodged the bullet that Microsoft took in the face.

I still don't get the negativity myself, X looks great but I never expected it to have Zen or be cheap.
is there really an overwhelming negative response?
I think the more there's things to demonstrate it's capabilities the more people will see it's value?
not much has really been shown/compared by say DF.

personally didn't like the reveal, but think it's worth the $499.
after seeing sonys conference actually thought ms wasn't as bad as I thought overall.

is there really an overwhelming negative response?
I think the more there's things to demonstrate it's capabilities the more people will see it's value?

I think you're confusing the way you feel with the way others feel. Just take a look at your own posts this past week, many were responding to people critical of the reveal and/or price. I don't see the relevance of Sony's conference to X's value proposition.

I think you're confusing the way you feel with the way others feel. Just take a look at your own posts this past week, many were responding to people critical of the reveal and/or price. I don't see the relevance of Sony's conference to X's value proposition.
yea I won't say your wrong, was going to say that also. Not sure if it's wood for the trees for me.

the critical people, are only a couple people that I've been responding to, as the reasons for critique seems off.

I'm not saying sonys conference change the value of the 1X, that was me saying I was pretty critical of ms conference then I saw sonys, and thought well guess wasn't as bad as I thought
in relation to general negativity on here after conference from my side.

quite the opposite actually! Most folks were lost on the $399 Pro price! Myself included, still has incredible value for its price.

Where they had issues was the presentation. No 4K stream for viewers during the initial reveal. But they were proud of the device they made and the price point.

In contrast Phil did not put up a slide with price. Pretty sure he didn't not want to highlight it.

Overall both consoles are great, the major redeeming factor for 4Pro is the price, the major factor for Scorpio is probably the consistency and it would appear as though MS is extremely dedicated to its support. Lately it appears Sony is putting more advertising power behind 4Pro since scorpios reveal.

Well next year's e3 should be a blast since there will be just a handful of games from this year's e3 making a reappearance. We will get a bunch of fall 2018 and spring 2019 titles we haven't seen before.

Why? It's fading and losing importance. Putting everything into one show in a break-neck event competing with everyone else's attention isn't necessarily the best way to do it. Just let E3 pass you by with everyone else fighting for attention, and then hold your own events with the whole world's eyes on you alone. Makes sense, and it's worked for Apple, doing their own thing instead of sharing the world Mobile stage.

E3 itself is no longer a must-do event. Ultimately Sony could have ridden the E3 train by buying a cheap ticket. Don't bother with a show, have a big booth for the foot-fall showcasing VR and stuff, and save your trailers and attention seeking for when the world's not too busy with too much going on.

(If it were me, I'd do crazy awesome fun stuff and get everyone talking, using the setting to one's PR advantage.)

Except E3 still drives more attention than just about anything else. Outside of revealing a new console, most of events can't drive as much attention as e3. Is there any plans for B3D mods to create 8 stickies for expos happening later in the year?

E3 is a time for everyone to get together in one place at one time. Throwing your own isn't going to garner the same attention because the press, fans and industry insiders aren't as a whole going to travel to or gravitate toward every platform or pub specific event.

Plus a one-two hour show is cheaper than maintaining a big booth for a week and has a bigger impact. If you want to save money, dump the booth and keep the show.

MS had a somewhat interesting show mainly for the new hardware and the surprise reveals of a couple of multiplatforms namely Anthem and Metro Exodus, didn't really care about any of other MS's first party games, thought they were extremely underwhelming graphically 4k or not. Sony's show wasn't as exciting as it could've been due to the fact that they withheld major AAA title footage such as Sucker Punch's new game, From's new game, DMC5, TLOU2, FFVIIR and Death Stranding. I think the existence of PSX this year is what's hurting their E3 but hey it's not like we're missing out anyway. Everyone else's shows were sleep inducing to say the least. Personally that God of War montage was the only game that sent blood rushing in my veins and really saved E3 for me if only due to its unparalleled visuals and the prospect of a new god slaying journey. How the PS4 OG version looked better than 99% of 4k games out there is quite mind blowing, hope there's a full walkthrough on the Pro at PSX.

Whether this is the worst E3 ever is probably an indication of whether you console of choice wow'd, met your expectations or disappointed you this E3.

Not saying everyone is biased, but there are certainly console warriors thatare incapable of being honestly objective and/or can't help derailing the competitor of their console of choice.

Personally, I thought Nintendo and MS did fine during their E3 presentations.

The reaction I have seen to the Xbox One X price has fallen into 3 categories.

1: Those who scoff at the price and have already discounted it
2: Those who scoff at the price and state, "well, I guess I'm not the target audience"
3: Those who state it is a fine value for the hardware included, but they have no intention of buying it

This isn't just us here. It's all over the forums I frequent from reddit to Arstechnica. Damn near every video I have seen falls into those categories as well.

@ultragpu were you watching the E3 conferences streamed at 4K in HDR on a 4K HDR set? If not, then that explains your lack of enthusiasm for some games and reveals. You weren't able to see the full benefits.

Except E3 still drives more attention than just about anything else. Outside of revealing a new console, most of events can't drive as much attention as e3. Is there any plans for B3D mods to create 8 stickies for expos happening later in the year?

There's expos that happen later this year (that are not Adult Entertainment)? :oops:

Back